Re: Turning Point Church World Outreach Center-Tell Your Story
Posted by: Brokenhearted ()
Date: January 06, 2010 05:51AM

I was trying to be subtle, and not offensive, but, I don't think I made myself clear. And, I've been convicted, that if what I have to say is offensive, and I use that as an excuse to not speak up, then I am not doing my part to speak the truth, but am being lead by the fear of offending others. So, here goes.....

My confusion surrounding the reasons for people leaving TP, is partly my fault...I guess that I just sort of assumed that others were leaving for the same reasons that I was, the false doctrines. The prosperity gospel, and the apostilic movement are to two leading false doctrines that turning point teaches. Mike's pride issues are a direct result of those teachings. Or perhaps, he's fallen into the teachings b/c of his pride. But either way, one is related to the other.

It seems to me, now, that people are leaving TP b/c of Mike's pride..... BUT, they are going to other churches and/or following other leaders that are caught up in the same false doctrines!

Has anyone else noticed this "trend"?
Are there other reasons that people are leaving, that have nothing to do with the things I've mentioned?
Have I misunderstood the apostolic movement?

I would love to discuss this in more depth, but I'm having much difficulty putting my thoughts and feelings into words. I would love some feed back on this, whether you agree with me or not. It is my desire to know (discover, learn....) the truth, and to hear other perspectives on this. Mine is not a position of judgement, but of concern. I have experienced grief as people have left TP, I've also experienced relief, believing that they were breaking out of bondage....now I'm not so sure, and it's been a heavy burden on my heart. As I pray for you (for all of us, actually) I pray for the truth, and for freedom!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LearningPoint ()
Date: January 06, 2010 06:58AM

Brokenhearted,

I have been pondering your first post since I read it, and I do have a concurring perspective and some ideas about what is happening and why. I'm glad you raise these questions/issues, because I have been concerned about this very thing.

I don't have time right now to post my thoughts, but I will next time I have a few more minutes. Very GOOD and IMPORTANT observation, my friend!

LP

Date: January 06, 2010 09:28AM

buddy
Sermon online: Spin Master Jeff Barnes latest sermon: Attitude shift(damage control)comeback attitude: Spin Master Jeff Barnes says, there are weasels that are trying to stop our church.Jeff says the people are little manipulators,little weasels and are into full blown opposition.Jeff says,that there is hired guns after the church.People want to stop the work at Jeffs church. Jeff says,This is the thing we have to deal with in our church.The last year we have had opposition.I don't know where the people come from.I don't know why they have time in there day to worry about are church.The enemy starts lobbying accusation and all this opposition starts to happen.If your in a church and your not seeing oppostion then nothings happening,your not building anything. Then Jeff trys to say in a loud voice" rejoice we have opposition!" Then Spin Master Jeff shares his favorite word with us, SLANDER, Jeff gives us the definition.And you are a devil if you try and slander.Jeff wants you to walk away if you hear slander.Jeff only wants to hear postive good things about his church.Jeff says not to associate with people who calls themselves brothers who slander.Jeff says we love them and we are not bitter. (Mr.Jeff Barnes where have you been,you say you don't know where the people come from,look around half your people have left your church and your spiritual father Mike Villamor is a master at character assination.Jeff lets blame all your problems on slander,forget about all the false teaching and false doctrines.Forget about how you turn people into spiritual slaves so can control them for your own prosperity. The pot calling the kettle black!

Hey Kids! What time is it?

Date: January 06, 2010 10:08AM

Brokenhearted
I was trying to be subtle, and not offensive, but, I don't think I made myself clear. And, I've been convicted, that if what I have to say is offensive, and I use that as an excuse to not speak up, then I am not doing my part to speak the truth, but am being lead by the fear of offending others. So, here goes.....

My confusion surrounding the reasons for people leaving TP, is partly my fault...I guess that I just sort of assumed that others were leaving for the same reasons that I was, the false doctrines. The prosperity gospel, and the apostilic movement are to two leading false doctrines that turning point teaches. Mike's pride issues are a direct result of those teachings. Or perhaps, he's fallen into the teachings b/c of his pride. But either way, one is related to the other.

It seems to me, now, that people are leaving TP b/c of Mike's pride..... BUT, they are going to other churches and/or following other leaders that are caught up in the same false doctrines!

Has anyone else noticed this "trend"?
Are there other reasons that people are leaving, that have nothing to do with the things I've mentioned?
Have I misunderstood the apostolic movement?

I would love to discuss this in more depth, but I'm having much difficulty putting my thoughts and feelings into words. I would love some feed back on this, whether you agree with me or not. It is my desire to know (discover, learn....) the truth, and to hear other perspectives on this. Mine is not a position of judgement, but of concern. I have experienced grief as people have left TP, I've also experienced relief, believing that they were breaking out of bondage....now I'm not so sure, and it's been a heavy burden on my heart. As I pray for you (for all of us, actually) I pray for the truth, and for freedom!

In dysfunctional systems such as families, the abused will leave only to enter into a new abusive relationship. I suspect that this can also occur within dysfunctional church systems where members will leave one abusive church only to enter into a seemingly healthy church. However, if the teaching and beliefs are the same, the outcome eventually will be the same. Eventually false doctrine will lead to abuse. It is only a matter of time.

Though pride is certainly one reason to leave, Paul, Peter, and John are clear that false teaching and false doctrines are taught by false teachers-whether they are prideful or humble. They are still false teachers. They are false teachers because the doctrine they teach is false-not because they are prideful.

Date: January 06, 2010 12:30PM

buddy
Sermon online: Spin Master Jeff Barnes latest sermon: Attitude shift(damage control)comeback attitude: Spin Master Jeff Barnes says, there are weasels that are trying to stop our church.Jeff says the people are little manipulators,little weasels and are into full blown opposition.Jeff says,that there is hired guns after the church.People want to stop the work at Jeffs church. Jeff says,This is the thing we have to deal with in our church.The last year we have had opposition.I don't know where the people come from.I don't know why they have time in there day to worry about are church.The enemy starts lobbying accusation and all this opposition starts to happen.If your in a church and your not seeing oppostion then nothings happening,your not building anything. Then Jeff trys to say in a loud voice" rejoice we have opposition!" Then Spin Master Jeff shares his favorite word with us, SLANDER, Jeff gives us the definition.And you are a devil if you try and slander.Jeff wants you to walk away if you hear slander.Jeff only wants to hear postive good things about his church.Jeff says not to associate with people who calls themselves brothers who slander.Jeff says we love them and we are not bitter. (Mr.Jeff Barnes where have you been,you say you don't know where the people come from,look around half your people have left your church and your spiritual father Mike Villamor is a master at character assination.Jeff lets blame all your problems on slander,forget about all the false teaching and false doctrines.Forget about how you turn people into spiritual slaves so can control them for your own prosperity. The pot calling the kettle black!

I spent 30 miniutes listening to jeff barnes preach on how church is not about performance at a fan the flame, he had charts and graphs and many verses for this point, then he spent the next 30 miniutes, telling us we need to perform to be right with God and to be good Christians. I am convinced that Jeff barnes is probably not evil but just not called to preach or teach. He said he heard from God he was supposed to quit his good paying job working for the city of monroe and become a full time pastor. somehow I think the voice he says is Gods is the same one that tells peop;le to kill their whole family, or sell all their possessions and go to las vegas and make it rich. I think Jeff suffers from a case of wishfull thinking, hearing his own desires and calling them God. How can he even preach on slander and lying without guilt unless he suffered from heavy delusion. after all he and the other elders continue to lie about mike and cyndi, and call it covering them out of love. and they slander people who threaten them with impunity. we need to pray that God lifts the veil of delusion from mr barnes heart and eyes, I say mr becasue he has no ability to pastor anything using the tern pastor as shepard, as someone who takes care of the flock, thats not him. jeff is a blind guide, who we should pity not condem. you see how one little lie one little coverup has caused so much destruction. stop the madness, cyndi you once told us God told you to return to your first love, you said it like it was for us but cyndi he was speaking to you, I know you once loved Him, I know you once wished to be holy more then young looking and popular. cyndi return to your first love, humble yourself and God will lift you up. This new plan of you guys is not working your telling others to do things you dont do yourself, confess start over for your sake

Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: January 06, 2010 07:05PM

[www.youtube.com]

This could explain a lot of what is going on in TPWOC.If i am not mistaken the 2 main people in this video K.hagin and K. Copeland are somewhat spritual grandparents to the likes of a Mike Villamore or Tony Cunningham.This video will give you an example of how to attain true happiness if you leave your mind at the door!

Posted by: ostracizedone ()
Date: January 06, 2010 07:51PM

[www.deceptioninthechurch.com]

Interesting article about the so called required reading at SOMA/PNWBC

Posted by: WonderingNow ()
Date: January 07, 2010 12:25AM

Thanks Ostracizedone! That was great! Here we see excellent documentation of what the leaders of Turning Point follow. They have the same world view, the same theology. TP will shipwreck the faith of many. You know, the goal of the Christian life is really so simple. Become like Christ. Simple. These Word-Faith people are seeking after signs and wonders, favor, prosperity, health & wealth, and manifestations of the spirit. But bottom line none of that leads to Christ-likeness. I want to be like Christ. That will take care of everything -- relationships, service, evangelism,and how I deal with trials. I won't become like Christ following any of these heretical teachings.

ostracizedone
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/beverequotes.html

Interesting article about the so called required reading at SOMA/PNWBC

Posted by: buddy ()
Date: January 07, 2010 04:05AM

I watched Spin Master (bozo the clown)Jeff Barnes sermon again online.The first time I listened the second time I watched.I cannot believe it.We have a full blown cult on our hands.I feel sorry for the people sitting on the front roll.We can all learn alot about false teaching and the way cults will control how you think by studying the history of TPCWOC and what they teach.We all have felt the pain cause by the leadership.But if we read are bibles and do our research on where all the false doctines came from and pray.Jesus Christ will set you free!It sometimes takes time to get to that point and sometimes you have to come to the point of saying I have been decieved by false teaching. And that is sometimes hard to do.I know because it happen to me.I am so thankful for this forum,it has been a masterpiece of education,the Lord Jesus Christ I know is very happy that you are fighting for truth.I am in prayer for my brothers and sisters in Christ who are still going to TPCWOC.My advice for you is to leave as fast as you can and take someone with you.The inner circle will stay intill Mike Villamor gives them the kool-aid!

Date: January 08, 2010 01:14AM

There are many freudian slips that litter the TPc website and "The Clown's" latest message on attitude shift. Its not really funny. But it is ironic.

On the welcome page there is a slide that briefly states, "God is moving powerfully in our midst". I agree. God IS moving powerfully. Look at what He has done in your midst over the short span of one year. You are now but a feeble shadow of your former self. And God continues to move. He is moving hearts and minds; opening up eyes and ears; bringing deception into the light. More moving is yet to come. The exodus continues. Staff and leaders continue to look for opportunities to take their leave. And the leaders continue to blame everyone else but themselves and their false doctrines.

Jeff, while speaking in his message, talks about the temple being destroyed. He talks about the altar of "incest-I mean incense" being torn down. He talks about the united kingdom of david being destroyed "because of poor leadership". Poor leadership...was this a sub conscience swipe at Mike or was it a sub conscience confession?

Jeff quotes Hagai, "is it time for you to be living in your paneled houses while this house (G-d's House) remains in ruins". He goes on to say, "delay always brings destruction". Is this not packed with subliminal irony? Who is living in paneled homes while the building fund is being plundered? Who delayed when it came to the building fund? G-d has a great sense of ironic humor does he not?

More to come.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.