Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Interesting link on CULT Leaders, characteristics and so forth
Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: May 13, 2008 01:54AM

[www.anandainfo.com]

This link had some very insightful information on "cult leaders". Am I trying to resurrect the old posts? No! Am I trying to call anybody out? No! Am I trying to make a point that will stick? YES! Especially over more sad news I have heard, I'm just sick and tired of people getting hurt in churches do to "cult-like" personalitites that seem to stem out of "church leaders". I don't care about all the flaming that took place against the Radiant Life Church posts.... I could care less. What I do care about is the many people that have left churches, gotten hurt, left FAITH all entirely due to these so called leaders! Look at all the brokern marriages, broken families.... You cannot tell me this has not happened! It has and it continues..... People being told that they need to move out of state to pplant a church, because that's what the "main leader" feels.... It's all B.S. and I am very tired of it....

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Interesting link on CULT Leaders, characteristics and so forth
Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: May 19, 2008 10:40PM

That is an interesting link. Does the author of Captive Hearts, Captive Minds discuss much about the cult leaders use of children?
I think it is interesting to study how these gurus attract adults but; I worry that the bigger crime jis when these gurus bring in and raise up as many children as possible. The cult that I was raised in was a big proponent of large families and they even had families adopt as many children as possible.
Most of those children who were raised in the cult are still in it.
The leader didn't ''attract'' those followers. He grew them.

Date: May 20, 2008 12:19AM

Sallie
That is an interesting link. Does the author of Captive Hearts, Captive Minds discuss much about the cult leaders use of children?
I think it is interesting to study how these gurus attract adults but; I worry that the bigger crime jis when these gurus bring in and raise up as many children as possible. The cult that I was raised in was a big proponent of large families and they even had families adopt as many children as possible.
Most of those children who were raised in the cult are still in it.
The leader didn't ''attract'' those followers. He grew them.

TRUE Sallie! Believe me I know about the whole children thing.... many Parents were hurt by kids being discipled by leaders that basically turned them against their parents.... It's freaking scary! How many young people came to their parents and either wanted to move out or get out from under the covering of their parents to embrace the "discipler" and not their parents, elders kids, good parents and so forth. they are all legal adults though now... but all the sick and vile mind twisting that has taken place at Radiant Life Church still hurts many ppl. What sicken s me the most is that ppl defend the leadership so much and say things like..."Tony doesn't consider himself God", t"The leadership does not promote man worship", blah, blah, blah.... if they do not promote man worship or man idols... then why the heck did they never stop it??? you know? that is my point....One day.... the Pastors, LEaders whoever they may be will face God and will have to give account.... As all of us will one day... but woe to the teachers, the leaders within the body... how much greater account they will have to give.

Date: May 20, 2008 07:35PM

Did Tony ever imply that he has god-like powers or characteristics? Does he behave as though he ''knows'' or ''understands''...the thoughts and motives of his followers? I think many of these leaders do that and it implies a god-like power.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: May 22, 2008 09:51AM

thank you tranparent for speaking out on the abuse at Radiant Life. Do not think you are alone. One of the things that is really troubling there is the mind control of the youth and 20 somethings. I hopw they are getting it together. It cracks me up that when I post here they want to say they don't belong to RLC and come to the rescue because all of a sudden they care. These same people are speaking out of both sides of their mouth by saying I don't belong or attend yet are leading 242 groups and act like they are appalled when someone speaks out about RLC. They are well versed at playing the mind manipulation game, that is saying some of the right things but coming back and defending the very ungodly practices. One of the things that just blew me away there was that a person in leadership gave their newborn away to someone because God was telling them too. Give me a break. Children are a gift. People are not to play God by giving it away themselves. This was actually celebrated in a church service in which I had a guest there. Needless to say the guest was appalled and never came back. Mature, godly churches are not doing this. So thanks T for the links and although I left along time ago they have helped me to understand what was going on a little bit better. Sallie I am not really sure about the first part of your question but I believe the second part to be true. However, some of his members have treated him as godlike. I have seen people worship him, say i just want to sit at his feet, Tony this and Tony that, Brandon this and Brandon that. I haven't been there in a while and will never go back but I hope people are waking up and seeing that it has cultish behaviors and has been very destructive in peoples lives.

Date: May 23, 2008 02:27AM

what a joke:

hey thanks! It is something that is heavy on me... you know? I have to speak out against this crap... too many people are being deceived and they are so to the point of being deceived that they will retaliate against these postings as if we were committing the worse of the worse... stupid! i hate what ppl have gone through that child being given away because God told them to is lies... that is crap! The open eyes all know it was Tony's influence and that is how mind deceiving leaders do things.... what about the dude that was practically disowned by his folks (the dad being an elder) because he brought a matter of "immorality" to the table and the leadership didn't do squat about it! or the young pastor who used to be ojn staff... what happened to him? the church obviously ex-communicated the dude... it's WRONG! i hate it...what is wrong with ppl within the church? eyes need to be opened..... certain folks have seen many "immoral" things go on.... especially about the leadership..... to the leaders right now:

Leave our kids alone! if you're a pastor, elder or whatever.... stop twisting minds.... stop spiritually abusing ppl! if you're married and in leadership.... enjoy your spouse.... not the elders kid!.... if you're married and in leadership go to a real marriage conference not one who invites the senior pastor from the same church to be the guest speaker! stop sending these pastors on expensive getaways.... stop giving your money ppl to these wolves! stop stop stop! I am so pissed off right now.... If the "Church of God, Northern California Association" reads this... please... investigate Radiant Life Church as Tony Cunningham is on your Ministers Roster or whatever the hell it is called! Don't be afraid to speak out against the happenings at RLC people.... I am not going to be here to argue with Folks.... But I will EXPOSE the truth.... which you are reading only in small parts .... the truth is out and many ppl know! And no I will not back down from this subject.... I will not back down! What the hell can RLC do to someone.... stop letting the RLC of Sac, Katy or whereever ruin your life ppl..... stand up and choose God not MAN!

enough said!

thanks again

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: May 23, 2008 03:24AM

Yep Transparent, I am with you. I hold no grudges but am upset at what went on and have no problem letting others know so they can beware. I didn't know everyone there but I can think of 4 old timers and previously highly commited members of the church who have left. I know there are alot more and even some simple people like myself. Heck even the celebrity worship leader and elder figured it out. He saw through the smokescreen. Yea he whole thing would turn anyone off, ie giving babies away, kids denying the spiritual authority of their parents, Tony and Brandon worship, a closed in church that does not have significant relationships with churches outside of their own influence (a AOG church down the street has tried many times through the years to establish relationship and been refused), people used and manipulated for their works (artists?), POOR discipleship with no program of accountability, leaders falling-the one who gave away the baby is lost; worship leader has fallen big time; a pastor who led many is a pastor no more, people and group worship- rio cavoto or whatever (they worshiped the leader their who has fallen). These things in small doses happen everywhere but has been prevalent at RLC. Also, SOMA worship, pressure from disciplers to go to SOMA, a feeling of not belonging if not going to SOMA, A phony hospitality, financial irrresponsibilty and secrecy. They were called out on this by a long time member who was trying to actually scripturally correct them and the guy was blown off. Oh i have to mention the fad of the week and tony displaying people up in front of the church for his gain who definately should not have been up there. There was one old guy who was hassling people at the Dollar Store that Tony continually displayed. This person was having so many ungodly issues at the home he was staying at that I was just shaking my head when he was up there. I mean cmon, they are getting young people to leave their stable homes to go live witothers in the church. There is one girl who is on the sorship team, did SOMA, bought into everything about RLC who came home and told her very godly father that he wasn't good enough (filthy rags) and she had to go live with someone else in the church and submit to them. this person was a teenager at the time. Nice Teaching!!! Anyway, again thank you Transparent. I beleive that the church has cultish behaviors and is very destructive. When I come here it is to expose these things to others so they may determine what is best for them. It is funny that the defenders all want to know who you are and are appaled and what you are saying. I am not here to engage in battle with the defenders but to share my experience. And plus I will not get into it with a young immature who thinks they know the whole christian world. Again to bring it back to topic, thanks for sharing the links about cultish behaviors and I hope that some of what was shared may help some people understand.

Posted by: concern08 ()
Date: May 23, 2008 08:56PM

Wow! Radiant Life Church sounds like a very destructive place. This sounds like something you see on the news. Never in a million years did I think a cult will be in my own backyard. I am just speachless.

I was actually on this forum researching something and came upon this thread. This thread struck a nerve with me because I live in Katy, Texas which is a suburb of Houston. Radiant Life Church has planted two churches here in Katy. I have a friend who ocassionally attends the church pastored by Tom Borsic. She invited me once, but something just didn't feel right to me. I just brush it off and never thought anymore about it until I read the threads on this forum about the place. My friend is not attach to RLC so hopefully she will leave after reading through these threads.

I truly want to thank everyone that has spoken out about RLC. I do not think that the people here in Houston and Katy know what they are getting themselves into. It is a shame that they have come to Katy to brainwash the people here. I have a few questions to those that have a better grasp on dealing with cults.

What can I do to warn the community here about RLC?
Should I contact law enforcement agencies?
This sounds like a interesting story for the Houston Chronicle. Should I contact a journalist to do a report on the church?
How do you stop a place like RLC from spreading to other people?
Should I contact other churches in my community to warn its members about RLC?

For the life of me I do not want to just sit back on my hands and allow this place to destroy Katy. What should I do? We all have seen the recent news reports about that polygamist cult here in Texas. We just shake our heads and say, "That is a shame". However, what can we as a community actually do about cults before things get out of hand?

Why in the world did they come to Katy anyway? Do they plan to close up shop in California and relocate all of its members here? Does anyone know why are they here?

Date: May 23, 2008 09:09PM

I recently moved. When I did, I found what I thought was a mainstream Baptist Church. Technically, it is. Anyway, the Pastor had certain...you know ...characteristics. We left. Many of his church members left but; many join. The church is actually full. These are some of those 'typical' characteristics that I noticed about the pastor.
1-Very sefl indulgent. Loves to relax, play golf, eat dinner out.
2- Sounds great when he preaches but can't have an actual conversation about the Bible. In other words he uses words in his sermon that, he seems to not even understand(perhaps he copied the sermons)
3-Surrounds himself with higher-ups, especially close 'friends'...inner circle....whatever you want to call it. Anyway these people all come off as pretty immoral....yet they TEACH hyper-morality.
4-Into the MAN-MADE laws. You know, the person who does ''such and such'' for the church...is ''closer'' to god.
5-Implies omnipotence when he judges people based on their ''motives'' or ''thoughts''...things only God would know.
6-Claims that those who leave his church are ''out of god's will''. Again...he becomes god. Out of HIS church = Out of gOD's will.
7-Uses the Bible to defend behavior which the Bible teaches against.
8-Disdain for, mistreatment of.... the weak.
These phonies are everywhere.
It's odd those because as many people as are disgusted and leave and see through these types clearly....just as many seem intrigued by the man.
I don't get it really. My family left the church after about a year and in that time at least 20 other families left BECAUSE of this man but....what's weird is that about a dozen or more joined BECAUSE of this man because they like him...not the Bible or teachings but the man....it's strange.
I grew up in a full blown cult...sex abuse going on ...preparing for the end times....the whole nine yards. My antenae is up. I don't follow men. But I tell you these freuds are EVERYWHERE and for every person who sees through their nonsense, there is another who is BLIND to it.
Anyway we found a better church where the ''leader'' is just a regular Pastor who loves and reads and knows and teaches and understands the Bible....as far as personal lives...he keeps out. If you ask him a question he'll say ''pray about it, let the Lord lead you...''.....

Date: May 24, 2008 12:45AM

concern08
Wow! Radiant Life Church sounds like a very destructive place. This sounds like something you see on the news. Never in a million years did I think a cult will be in my own backyard. I am just speachless.

I was actually on this forum researching something and came upon this thread. This thread struck a nerve with me because I live in Katy, Texas which is a suburb of Houston. Radiant Life Church has planted two churches here in Katy. I have a friend who ocassionally attends the church pastored by Tom Borsic. She invited me once, but something just didn't feel right to me. I just brush it off and never thought anymore about it until I read the threads on this forum about the place. My friend is not attach to RLC so hopefully she will leave after reading through these threads.

I truly want to thank everyone that has spoken out about RLC. I do not think that the people here in Houston and Katy know what they are getting themselves into. It is a shame that they have come to Katy to brainwash the people here. I have a few questions to those that have a better grasp on dealing with cults.

What can I do to warn the community here about RLC?
Should I contact law enforcement agencies?
This sounds like a interesting story for the Houston Chronicle. Should I contact a journalist to do a report on the church?
How do you stop a place like RLC from spreading to other people?
Should I contact other churches in my community to warn its members about RLC?

For the life of me I do not want to just sit back on my hands and allow this place to destroy Katy. What should I do? We all have seen the recent news reports about that polygamist cult here in Texas. We just shake our heads and say, "That is a shame". However, what can we as a community actually do about cults before things get out of hand?

Why in the world did they come to Katy anyway? Do they plan to close up shop in California and relocate all of its members here? Does anyone know why are they here?

Concern:

Glad you got the picture on RLC... My advice is tell the truth... to everyone that has felt the wierd vibes about RLC, those that used to go to RLC like myself and those who have ever been hurt. The sad thing is.... Katy, TX doesn't need the cookie cutter that RLC has produced. There has been so much damage that RLC has caused and while yet... Katy location RLC may seem as friendly... it is their tie to Tony that will make them unsuccessful! Tony runs the show... he always has and he has gotten even more out of hand. Contact the Chronicle, make the story known... tell everyone you know to read this site. It's a disease... ya dig? It has spread and many ppl have opened their eyes and have left. All you will find is the same ol' insiders, the in crowd the Tony Pleasers, the Tom Pleasers and so forth.... the Pastor in Katy is a friendly man I will give him that and he's down to earth.... but He will not break ties with Tony Cunningham.... and that is SCARY! While he may admit that Tony is just the overseer in reality Tony is the main dude that even those in his leadership will not question and he loves the power of influence he has over others. Stay away as far away as you can... I would love to hear about the papers doing an investigation on RLC in Sacramento and their plants in Katy... The second church in North Katy was planted not long ago... because Tony felt that the Pastor and his wife should go there to plant a church... what a joke if you ask me... one big joke and the sad thing is is that ppl are getting "spiritually raped" byt RLC philosophy... I was gone quick.... I'm out and will never return to RLC in any shape or form. You said you live in Katy? contact the your paper, heck! Have the High School papers get in on this too, or your local city magazine.... I'm all for it! I plan on making some a documentary once i have the chance and believe me.... I am all about exposing the wrongs of cult like behavior after experiencing RLC for so many years.... I'm ready to write about the RLC madness as well.... just got to get info together to do that! I as a believer can expose this stuff because I live such an exposed life... I don't hide my feelings or my wrong doings.... i know I'm a sinful man too.... but RLC leaderrship likes to sweep things under the rug....... Stay on this forum.... I'm on this stuff quick! Tony and all the others that have continued to damage other ppl need to REPENT publicly.... if not.... Judgement will come in a way that they would not expect it to.... Afterall God sees all

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.