New Song, The Crossing and Destiny
Posted by: brios58 ()
Date: April 25, 2008 09:09AM

Unfortunately I my last pastor and my friend's pastor got involved in Freedom Praying from Clovercreek Bible fellowship. They would meet with the pastor of Clovercreek, now Destiny each week. Both these pastors shopped preaching God's word and got steep into deliverance. I talked several times with both pastors and my friends and us left the churches. Both churches had major splits over the teachings.

I keep meeting people that attend Destiny,The Crossing or New Song. Seems almost ironic that this happens.
They defend the churches. Members go to church, do what they are told to do working for their churches or even moving from their homes to another area when their pastor was told they should move by God or said he was told.

The problem I see is a lot of trance like praying, praying over people for the word of knowledge, prophectic words from God and not a lot of Bible study.

Members defend these churches and won't talk about how Christians cannot have demons, curses, soul ties, etc.

Clovercreek based their teachings on Dr. Ed. Murphy, who believed in demons molesting children and etc. deliverance. He even taught there for a while. Then Dr. Neil Anderson.

Sadly to say is that the members work hard, but they from what I have seen are in bondage and not freedom.
Their worship team even has to be delivered to sing for the church.

I feel even more concerned in the fact that the churches that rent to Destiny might be harmed sharing their church with this organization.

I have seen some changed lives as my friend's son was into drugs and now is not and he works hard for The Crossing. He talks ok, but he seems so driven to work, work, work.

Prehaps more of us Christians should work for the Lord. I don't think that this is freedom though but fear and bondage to people and their New Age ideas.

Christians should check all things with the Word of God and not rely on feelings and circumstances.

To bring up past sins of forefathers and etc. that we are accountable for the sins of others in our past is not Biblical and should not be done. It is done at these three churches however.

I wonder what success they have delivering alcoholics and drugs addicts with deliverance.

Actually it is not deliverance of demons but salvation from sins by accepting Christ's free gift that He died for our sins and took our punishment not any deliverance praying or freedom praying.

Glenda

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Song, The Crossing and Destiny
Posted by: lamisa22 ()
Date: April 26, 2008 02:23AM

Glenda,

I was a member of these churches for two years. I moved from another state and away from my family at the age of 21 and wholeheartedly devoted my life to these churches. I Loved Jesus so much, but I was deceived by the sense of community that they offered and that I so desired.

They are very controlling over the lives of their members and when my husband was in a position of leadership he was even discouraged from reading the Word and told that when he went to quietly pray in his room and seek the Word regarding problems in the ministry that he was in sin and "isolation".

It was being in the Word that got us out of there.

I am heartbroken. I have friends still there and they are discouraged from contacting us. We are labeled heretics b/c we left the church and nothing else. We were engaged when we left and got married right away b/c we desired to honor God. They incorrectly proclaimed from the pulpit that we had left b/c we were in sexual sin.

They don't say it outright, but the unspoken rule truly is that if you leave the church you are turning your back on God.

They don't say there is only salvation in their churches, but certainly there is only "Freedom" in their churches.

It is a very bad thing. People are beginning to leave more and more... but their lives have been very altered negatively b/c of their experiences.

The churches foster a very unhealthy dependence on the churches and their "prayer times".

Anyway.

I know you know these things to. It is encouraging to read your posts and to know others understand.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.