Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Cult hiding under the cover of Fundamentalist Church
Posted by: bruisednotbroken ()
Date: January 26, 2008 07:37PM

I spent a few years in a fellowship that has been discussed here on this forum....and left there with a resultant confusion, depression and breakdown. I have made good inroads in my recovery, thankfully.

You mentioned giving your son information about cults. This same approach was used towards the fellowship I belonged to and while it planted seeds of doubt (actually, the "seeds of doubt" already existed in my heart and mind but I pushed them away!) it was actively preached against in the fellowship. The leadership acknowledged the cult information was circulating but had us all convinced this information was false, not to be trusted....nor were the people responsible for supplying it. I mention this because that is what will likely be the reaction from this group your son is involved with. The leaders are so quick to refute any "good/independent" thought processes and present what appear to be well-founded arguments in favour of ALL their teachings.

I pray your son will wake up and smell the coffee real soon. Keep praying and loving.

Jacquie

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rhonda402 ()
Date: February 08, 2008 11:13AM

MY SON IS BACK!

He cannot believe how much he was influenced and I took all your advice and just "loved" him and didn't argue or fight about his beliefs. He called the "pastor" last night and said, "I won't be returning" (this was his own idea - I had absolutely no opinion) and the pastor said, "Your a Demis and I hope you get all that your mother promised you", then hung up on him. The actually truth is I have nothing to give him but he is due to get a small inheritance from his Dad passing and we were concerned these crazies were going to take it from him. Anyway, when the pastor responded so irrationally my son was able to further see the crazyness of the way they claim to be holy but are in my son's words, a bunch of carnal if not just plain evil people. He said that he didn't tell me before but that out of the 20 or so members at the church at least 7 of them are always packing a gun. {Weird}.

Anyway, when he sat down with me tonight and was saying, "Mom, the inconsistencies are so numerous in what they say and how they act". Anyway, I showed him what I wrote on here about him and what all of you wrote in response to my post. He thought it was all very good.

I will tell you (and I have told him) that a good friend of mine who is a very strong, strong Christian and prayer warrior "warred over his picture wih another partner and I am convinced God heard her prayer. She is actually is the founder of an organiztion that is drlling wells for the African people to have a fresh water supply.

Thanks again for all your help.

Posted by: sadkimmy ()
Date: February 13, 2008 11:35AM

So glad to hear this! :)

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.