Cults wall off the world
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: October 02, 2002 06:11AM

Every cult I ever saw or read about thinks they're in a world unto themselves. But underneath it all, there's more similarities than differences.
Most cults wall off the world and make a strong line of demarcation between those in the cult and the outside world. It's as if only the world in the cult is spiritually correct and the rest of the world operates in a fashion that is incorrect. In other words, only the cult members are in step and everyone else is out of step.
Most cults have tremendous power because the people in the cult are tightly joined and there's a lot of reinforcement of the cult's value systems and teachings. In the Hickman cult, there were many Bible studies (and that church/cult had branches all over Long Island, NY - all the way from Nassau to the edge of Suffolk Counties).
Cult members form joint households have dorming for unmarried people and marry off their members as soon as possible.
The latter is of most importance to me. When I was very young, I pretty much decided that I didn't want to get married and definitely not have children.
I was miserable as a child and had a load of problems and I figured if I had children, I'd just pass it all off to them and history would repeat itself. I didn't want to drag anyone else, including a spouse, into this cycle of negativity.
But when I joined the Hickman cult, and later Lubavitch, the first thing they did was to try to pair me off to get married. Hickman didn't get the job done, but Lubavitch did and it was a total disaster.
Lubavitch especially, walls off the world. And since they're a relatively large movement, they feel a lot of support from their own ranks.
My ex-wife used to give me lectures, that she obviously heard from the Rabbis of Chabad, about how I "wasn't properly 'centered' before I got married.
Chabad gives you a few classes on marriage before you get married and then tries to pair you off. (Or vice-versa). I had one particular friend in Chabad who screams at his wife and she screams at him, like mad.
I couldn't take it so luckily my wife left me. Then of course, is the fact that it took 3 more years to get a divorce. But I'm the "bad guy" in Crown Heights I'd imagine. Unfortunately, they have a whole neighborhood basically to themselves and don't have to deal with the reality of the outside world too much.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cults wall off the world
Posted by: xcfcmi2003 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 05:28AM

"Every cult I ever saw or read about thinks they're in a world unto themselves. But underneath it all, there's more similarities than differences.
Most cults wall off the world and make a strong line of demarcation between those in the cult and the outside world. It's as if only the world in the cult is spiritually correct and the rest of the world operates in a fashion that is incorrect. In other words, only the cult members are in step and everyone else is out of step."

Since my departure from an abusive church, what helped me is to meet and discuss with others who also left their environment. While doctrinal teachings vary widely, the control methods are frighteningly identical.

Readers who have a psychological background are amazed by the type of narcissistic and sociopath behavior many so-called religious leaders display.

Re: Cults wall off the world
Posted by: howgodmadeu ()
Date: June 12, 2018 01:12PM

To whom it may concern:

We are here to help anyone who is fighting the good fight against McArthurism. We have been wanting to help, but wasn't sure how to do it. We have also been affected by McArthurism through our family...they were manipulated into following this cult by being recruited to visit other churches throughout the world. Our immediate family was hurt by our own family because we wanted to help. We decided to take a stand and not let McArthurism take our power away...we want to act, and not be silent any longer. If there is someone who is willing to take a stand with us, we can discuss further what we would like to do.

Imagine
by John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.