Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: December 31, 2006 07:41AM

The Hillsong Cult
[the-daily-behemoth.blogspot.com]

Orehek stands trial over property scheme
[news.ninemsn.com.au]

The Australian
[www.theaustralian.news.com.au]

In People in Glass Houses (A&U, May), Tanya Levin, who grew up in what became Hillsong, tracks how a small, suburban Assemblies of God church became a cult multimillion-dollar tax-free enterprise and powerful social force.

Options: ReplyQuote
Hillsong Church (AOG) - Brian and Bobbie Houston
Posted by: malleeboy ()
Date: January 09, 2007 10:21AM

Whilst whole heartedly disagreeing with the prosperity doctrine, I would not call Hillsong a destructive church, it has potential to become that way and there are certainly issues with the structure. However prosperity doctrine is very wide spread throughout the AOG churches as a whole. I attended Richmond AOG for sometime and at that stage probably around 40% of the church were into prosperity doctrine. A bible lecturer who attended the church, got to preach one Sunday and did a sermon on Job and absolutely got stuck into prosperity doctrines , (his exact words were, "some of that stuff is as far away from the gospel as you can get.") Consequently he never got to preach again!

Hillsong Church (AOG) - Brian and Bobbie Houston
Date: October 05, 2007 08:44AM

malleeboy
Whilst whole heartedly disagreeing with the prosperity doctrine, I would not call Hillsong a destructive church, it has potential to become that way and there are certainly issues with the structure. However prosperity doctrine is very wide spread throughout the AOG churches as a whole. I attended Richmond AOG for sometime and at that stage probably around 40% of the church were into prosperity doctrine. A bible lecturer who attended the church, got to preach one Sunday and did a sermon on Job and absolutely got stuck into prosperity doctrines , (his exact words were, "some of that stuff is as far away from the gospel as you can get.") Consequently he never got to preach again!

I disagree - for where your treasure ABIDES, there is your heart!

A church who's gospel message is not about mortification of the flesh , teaching sanctification and regeneration by the spirit and blood of Christ alone - IS NOT ONLY DESTRUCTIVE BUT IS APOSTATE!

If the principles of what they teach cannot be applied universally, but only culturally, then is is not Jesus - "For God so loved "ALL" the world" - not just the economically robust counterparts!

Jesus came with a message about the state of man's heart, uncleanness of mans soul - NOT TO GET SAVED AND GET RICH!

Christians need to understand good solid discourse when understanding the Word of God!

SSR

Re: Hillsong Church (AOG) - Brian and Bobbie Houston
Posted by: shamrock ()
Date: November 17, 2020 12:42AM

The latest news about Hillsong is "Hillsong Pastor and Justin Bieber's One-Time Spiritual Confidant Carl Lentz Fired for 'Moral Failures'". A large collection of complaints about Hillsong is catalogued at [culteducation.com].

Re: Hillsong Church (AOG) - Brian and Bobbie Houston
Date: February 13, 2021 10:00AM

Hi hope I can help ,yea the hill song is a cult stay away from them check out a Justin peters on u tube a video clouds without water good info God bless be safe mate !

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.