Controversial Serbian Orthodox Church - Youth Camp
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 22, 2017 11:17PM

Holy Saint Lazar Youth Camp Serbia

SETimes: “Serbian True Orthodox” Splinter Group Training Kids in Weaponry
By Orthodox Christian News in Orthodox News
Sep 05, 2014 ? Comment(s) ? Tags: Serbia, Serbian Orthodox

[myocn.net]

Some responses to the article here: (Google cache)

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

NEWS 05 AUG 14
Gun-toting Kids Camp Causes Alarm in Serbia
A summer camp where religious zealots trained children to shoot with fake rifles and taught them that democracy is evil has caused a rumpus.

[www.balkaninsight.com]

(small excerpt)

Religious hardliners in Serbia are being accused of abuse of minors - and even of breaking the law - in connection with a controversial summer camp.

The 15 children attending the St Lazar’s Summer Youth Camp this July in the Ku?aj mountains of eastern Serbia were taught to wear military uniform and shoot from replica Kalashnikov rifles.

The camp was organised by a breakaway sect styling itself the Serbian True Orthodox Church, whose leader, Nemanja Stankovic, was expelled from the Serbian Orthodox Church – Serbia’s main faith group

According to the organisation’s website, the days at the camp started with prayers, the raising of the national flag and the singing of the national anthem.

Over the next ten days, the children engaged in sporting activities, camping and long walks - all regular activities in summer camps.

Shooting practice. | Photo by serbiantrueorthodox.blogspot.com
The difference is that they also wore masked uniforms and learned how to shoot from automatic rifles, using replica kalashnikovs.

The camp organisers said they aimed to “deeply root in young participants a sense of community, civility, self-sacrifice, courage, spirituality and unwavering loyalty to the Orthodox faith and fatherland.

“The latter includes military discipline… and some of the most basic forms of military training. Military dress style also aids a feeling of willingness to serve the fatherland,” writes the website of the organisation.

The camp also provided its attendees basic education about the “sublime and indispensable of the Orthodox (non-parliamentary) monarchy, while exposing the false, and for Serbian people pernicious, political directions of communism and democracy”.

Serbian True Orthodox Church, formed in the mid-1990s, fiercely opposes all contact between the Orthodox Church and other faith groups. Their slogan is “Orthodoxy or Death”. Similar organisations exist in Russia and Greece.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2017 11:24PM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
2017 Serbian Orthodox Diocese of UK and Scandinavia Alert
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 22, 2017 11:49PM

.[www.ebritic.com]

March 23, 2017

Officials of the Serbian Orthodox Church in the United Kingdom and Scandinvia makes public announcement to warn the Serbian Orthodox faithful of a “sect” of impostors who have adopted premises used by the Free Church to draw in believers.

Churchgoers duped

Since Christmas in January 2017, services under the name of the “Serbian True Orthodox Church” (STOC) began in Ealing and Leicester. They were located at venues where services were once held by the Free Church. We spoke to a number of those present who felt duped into thinking they were at a Free Serbian Orthodox Church, a movement which has since been reconciled to the main Church.

Church Reacts

A diocesan meeting attended by His Grace Bishop Dositej and priests from across the Serbian Orthodox Church in Britain issued a stark warning for the faithful to be on their guard. The statement labelled the newcomers a sect, the “Akaki” named after Akakije who would become its self-styled bishop as one of the three Serb monks who founded it in 1996. They have been excommunicated by all the Orthodox Churches but are allied to the Greek Old Calendarists.

Gun Play

The most recent issue of Diaspora periodical Serb Worldwide Magazine has gone further in its charges against the sect. The Akaki caused controversy when they formed a military-style camp for children as young as 7-years-old.
Photographs show kids being taught military skills including how to fire air rifle replicas of Kalashnikovs at a survivalist base in the Ku?aj mountains called the “Holy Lazar Orthodox Youth Camp”. Organisers were accused of “child recruitment and child abuse” according to an article in Blic.

http://www.blic.rs/vesti/drustvo/spavanje-u-pecinama-sklekovi-i-kalasnjikovi-sekta-na-kucajskim-planinama-sprema-decu/m8ckp7e

Spavanje u pe?inama, sklekovi i "kalašnjikovi": Sekta na Ku?ajskim planinama sprema decu za rat

Zorica Lazarevi? | 03. 08. 2014

Read full text of Diocesan document in Serbian and English here:

[spclondon.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2017 11:51PM by corboy.

Re: Controversial Serbian Orthodox Church - Youth Camp
Posted by: howgodmadeu ()
Date: June 12, 2018 02:05PM

To whom it may concern:

We are here to help anyone who is fighting the good fight against McArthurism. We have been wanting to help, but wasn't sure how to do it. We have also been affected by McArthurism through our family...they were manipulated into following this cult by being recruited to visit other churches throughout the world. Our immediate family was hurt by our own family because we wanted to help. We decided to take a stand and not let McArthurism take our power away...we want to act, and not be silent any longer. If there is someone who is willing to take a stand with us, we can discuss further what we would like to do.

Imagine
by John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.