Current Page: 5 of 9
Why do stars love such strange groups?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 10, 2006 06:58PM

No. That wouldn't be consistent with Tom Cruise letting his sister go as his publicist and then finding one known for damage control subsequently.

Tom Cruise also renegotiated his deal with Paramount for less money regarding Mission Impossible III.

Not all press is good press and his actions seem to recognize that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: April 18, 2006 11:58PM

The "public", whoever they are, may be developing a more sophisticated set of media cognitive filters.... now, scenario 1, whether cult affiliation is a byproduct of the emotional stresses of celebrity, and many could argue that such is the case.... or whether, scenario 2, cult affiliation is symbiotic with celebrity, i.e. cults actually accelerate the process of becoming psychologically "fit" for the celebrity existence.... Door #1 or Door #2, interesting question... but certainly not a complete depiction... a number of my friends are part of the Los Angeles film and television industy and are observant Jewish, some more devout than others, however, Judiasim and Jewish culure, philosophy, charity are very solid, significant components of their mental lives.... I cannot imagine that they would get up and leave a well established community for the flavor of the month guru.... this would really be diametrically opposed to the core of their identities...

Having said all of that... "celebrity" IS an industy, and it a deep, high stakes, professionally managed industry where you are expected to do your thing regardless of what you may be personally going through, whether you have a headache, you have food poisoning, none of that matters when you're being paid to project a glowing personality through thousands of miles of wire and satellite transmission into the homes of John Q. Public.... that's why these people are so highly paid... they suffer a devastating loss of privacy, any indiscretion that wouldn't make neighborhood gossip is inflated to a media earthquake... and the worst of it, from an emotional reality standpoint, is that everybody surrounding you is TRAINED (as a matter of professionalism, not to say survival !!!) to "read your head" and tell you exactly what you want to hear... offending a powerful figure in the industry is career nuclear meltdown, and everybody knows this well, all too well.... thus, a bizarre dynamic enters the game.... the more significant you are on the scale of celebdom, the more unreal and artificial your life becomes, the more high security you require to keep stalkers and photographers at bay, the more sociopathic creeps want a piece of you.... (and yes, Virginia, the industry is infested with more low key, high functioning, borderline sociopaths than all the cults in the world put together.... which is a quick explanation of why celebrities are so perpetually paranoid.... nothing and nobody is who or what they seem)...

Given this state of affairs, any being who ventures into the wilderness of mirrors known as Celebrity, without exceptionally deep stable family structures and religious OR cultural affiliations (I'm not saying you must be religious [i:856bf83759] per se [/i:856bf83759], but I am saying you have to either be as tough as steel and as dense as lead, or you have to have a phalanx of expert protectors around you, and preferably [i:856bf83759] both [/i:856bf83759]) will be dropped, metaphorically, into a commercial strength blender while an anonymous figure hits the puree button, and in short order you will be a protein beverage for another level of the food chain...

Cults, in whatever form they may present, IMHO, provide a semblance of the protective, empathetic family where one can "be one's real self", and as with the case of Thomas C. Mapother, an absolutely regulated environment where no disturbing incongruities dare raise their ugly liitle heads like adolescent pimples to be squeezed... because, lets face it, the outside world is physically dangerous to the celebrity figure, just channel the spirit of John Lennon if you disbelieve this point, because the typical fan projects great doses of his psychological issues on you,[i:856bf83759] quelle suprise [/i:856bf83759] this is exactly what he is encouraged to do via the media/celbrity process.... skyuuuuze me, the idea is to get the great collective "you" out there, the unwashed piglets squealing at the trough of Goddish Simulacra to [i:856bf83759] identify [/i:856bf83759] with the "personality" (the more so the better... unto complete fusion of Subject and Object !!!! I AM BECOME TOM ! I AM BECOME TOPAZ PENDANT ! I AM BECOME LEAN CUISINE!!!!)....

Enter Komplete Kult Konsciousness.... piglet management technology at your fingertips ! Never mind the creepy factota hovering around with radio headsets like wool moths.... you are safe with us !!! Oh you are gay and our ascended fearless leader found HOMOS to be a defective expression of Ronald W. Kim Sung Il Baba awareness ... no problemo.... for your endorsement, sign here....here.....here....here.....here.....here....here....here....here... we will make you an HONORARY HETEROSEXUAL !!!! YAY!!! annnnnnn.... we'll arrange a nice suitable wife who never, never, never talks to the press.... and you, lucky chap you, can sneak off to Thailand where, aaaahem, social norms are more, cough, a mattter of personal interpretation..... haaaack.... you like feeelthy peeektures meeester ?

Posted by: cordelia ()
Date: April 23, 2006 01:50PM

how about the celebrities who are involved in Opus Dei? It is true that Mel Gibson is inside this "religious practice"?

Date: April 23, 2006 08:28PM

No.

Gibson is in a group outside the Catholic Church.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Date: May 06, 2006 08:30PM

Meanwhile... Mission Impossible III...

The New York Times concludes the review with this paragraph:

"Although he slams into stationary objects with his customary zeal, the usually dependable Mr. Cruise is off his game here, sabotaged by the misguided attempt to shade his character with gray. The domestication of Ethan Hunt may have seemed like a good idea, a humanizing touch, perhaps, but it only bogs down the action. Worse, it turns a perfectly good franchise into a seriously strange vanity project, as the simpering brunette is swept into a new world by a dashing operative for a clandestine organization. Much like the man playing him, Ethan works only if you don't know anything about what makes him tick. Once upon a Hollywood time, the studios carefully protected their stars from the press and the public. Now the impossible mission, it seems, is protecting them from themselves. "

Now that's a choice line, innit ?

"Much like the man playing him, Ethan works only if you don't know anything about what makes him tick."

Posted by: admin5432 ()
Date: May 07, 2006 01:27AM

From contemplating the last posts I feel rather ambivalent regarding this issue, thanks for your enlightening remarks.

Best Regards,
Robin
BabySupply.Info - Compare Baby Products - Find the Lowest Price

Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: May 09, 2006 12:05AM

admin5432
From contemplating the last posts I feel rather ambivalent regarding this issue, thanks for your enlightening remarks.

Best Regards,
Robin
BabySupply.Info - Compare Baby Products - Find the Lowest Price

What's up with your signature line? You didn't just join this forum to sell baby products, did you?

Date: May 09, 2006 02:03AM

well, at least it wasn't for the latest Scientology transporter unit-coffee grinder-Xenu vaporizer... BTW our good friends down at the org office appear to be testy over all the bad publicity they're receiving...

this just in from Xenu.net:

"Scientology is up to their old "fair game" tactics again. For the uninitiated, "fair game" is a policy developed be the deceased madman L Ron Hubbard whereby the cult launches "noisy investigations" to intimidate, harass and attack their enemies.

Last week, a colleague of mine covering the "TomKat" baby affair pulled into the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood and was promptly surrounded by shreiking, sailor-suited Scientology swabbies. The Centre is open to the public, but they kicked him out. When he returned the next day, he witnessed one of the staffers papering flyers on automobiles (including his) parked on the public street outside the Centre. The flyer he grabbed from his windshield had his photo on it, with a bold caption reading: PEDOPHILE. "

One has to wonder about the process of [i:f66aa8102f] projection [/i:f66aa8102f] in this case, in other words the "projecting" of one's own mental contents onto others... then insisting that THEY are the ones with the problems...

Such as when you engage a senior Scientologist in a debate, and pretty soon they resort to the usual scripted reply "you're just talking about yourself !''

Sooo... lessee here, "just talking about yourself", eh ? "Pedophile", hmmmm, yess... this pedophile issue you've raised... go on...

Meanwhile.... projection department, second verse... Tom C. now retorts "You have the courage of a madman !!!" .... ahhhh, the courage of a madman ? How do you, umm, think about the courage of a madman ? Strange figure of speech, there... this just came to you ?

Posted by: durham ()
Date: May 29, 2006 09:56PM

I really think you have to take anything you read on xenu.net with a pinch of salt.

I read it all and other negative sites as a balance because I was interested in trying Scientology out for myself. I've since discovered that it's full of misinformation and downright lies!

Date: May 29, 2006 10:01PM

durham:

You acknowledge that you are a Scientologist and have taken Scientology courses, but what level are you?

Have you reached "clear" yet?

Have you reached an "Operating Thetan (OT) level?

If so what level?

Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.