Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Oprah's Ministry
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: May 08, 2008 11:26AM

we've been scooped...

OPRAH BRAINWASHED BY CULT..The bizarre Guru who is controlling her.
[www.shakiki.com]

:-)
In all seriousness, there are a few other "Women' Mags" running these types of stories.
Probably just want to try to kill Oprah Magazine as it steals their advertisers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DownToEarth ()
Date: May 08, 2008 01:18PM

Nice magazine cover, Anticult, LOL!

Just found an interesting web page about Oprah's new friend-to-be, Jill Bolte Taylor.

[westallen.typepad.com]

Sad thing is, Jill's experiences are going to be used by Oprah and the other woo-sters to reinforce their belief system. And it's all based on inaccuracy. <sigh> The first time I read about Jill, my first thought was, "Yes, but her brain was DAMAGED. This is not universal or spiritual truth or enlightenment, these sensations and her experiences were the result of neurological DAMAGE."

Check out the link, it's interesting and there are other links there as well. :-) Like this one:

[dangerousintersection.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2008 01:31PM by DownToEarth.

Re: Oprah's Ministry, Jill Bolte Taylor,
Date: May 08, 2008 05:50PM

I can't stomach watching the clip of this Jill BolteTaylor woman.
Susan Blackmore says it all in a few words on the other website.

It seems to me this woman had an experience, and then thought up a STORY, maybe with the help of a book agent.
She then knew if she sold this STORY she could make a million bucks if it caught on.
Looks like she hit the Oprah-jackpot.
Now she'll have books, and keynotes for New Agers...and get rich..
she is shilling a book, and a movie?
[drjilltaylor.com]

Ugh, it never ends...shill shill shill.

Oprah is a bad joke, and a punch-line at this point.
Why doesn't Oprah have Susan Blackmore on to discuss these things? Because Dr. Susan Blackmore is sane and intellegent, and Oprah wants credulous New Ager crap to peddle.

Date: May 10, 2008 06:40AM

An interesting article which provides some background into Oprah's spiritual leanings:

[christianinformation.org]

Also, please see another thread on this forum (May 9th entry):

[forum.culteducation.com]

Stuff here about the Oprah/Tolle schtick:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Date: May 13, 2008 01:16PM

From the Oprah website, the list of upcoming guests on her "Soul Series" programs:

[www.oprah.com]

I see Tolle's making two visits. Ten weeks wasn't enough? ;-)

Date: May 15, 2008 04:50AM

That list of the Soul series is interesting. Notice how Wayne Dyer has done business deals with Byron Katie before, so they probably have a publishing deal. Who knows, maybe most of those people on that list are all from the same publisher, who might be PAYING the Oprah show to promote their New Wage writers?

Also,
The Oprah program did a show about the Warren Jeffs FLDS cult, and it was pretty good. What is interesting is that Oprah said on-camera she had not even seen any of the video before the show...so all the work is done by producers, and by Lisa Ling, etc. Oprah has nothing to do with it.
Shows Oprah has nothing to do with and just shows up and reads the teleprompter are just a normal TV show.

But notice how shows that Oprah designs and plans these days are about Eckhart Tolle, The Secret, etc.
So its true, that Oprah is choosing certain shows to push her own New Age New Thought religion downs her viewers throats and eyeballs. New Age Televangelism.

Date: May 15, 2008 05:35AM

Ah, Wayne Dyer...I used to really like him, but I found his "Inspiration" book to be a little bit too much about Wayne and how enlightened Wayne is. He's compelling to listen to, though, quite the public speaker...someone I should stay away from for a while, although my immunity to woo is strengthening. I couldn't finish Dyer's book on his chapter by chapter interpretation of the Tao.

I didn't know Wayne has been involved with Byron Katie. He's another Hay House author, is BK as well? Speaking of Hay House and publishers, Oprah did have Louise Hay on her program not that long ago, so maybe there is something going on there.

Date: May 15, 2008 05:55AM

Wayne Dyer and Byron Katie did a CD together.
The (NOT!!) is added!
List price: $23.95
HayHouse.com: $19.16 (Save 20%)
Publisher: Hay House
Publication Date: March 2007
ISBN: 978-1-4019-1189-8

[www.hayhouse.com]

Wayne Dyer is very manipulative, he has implied he has "powers", and he is hooked up with some Guru.
It was also alleged he was doing cocaine for years, etc. Just another slick-willy speaker...

I think you are correct. This looks like a cross-deal between Hay House and The House of Oprah.
Some kind of business deal, maybe 50/50 or whatever. Oprah promotes all the Hay House writers, and she gets a chunk of the profits.

Hay House authors.
[www.hayhouse.com]

[www.nytimes.com]
The Queen of the New Age
By MARK OPPENHEIMER
Published: May 4, 2008
LOUISE HAY IS ONE OF THE BEST-SELLING AUTHORS IN HISTORY, and none of the women who have sold more — like J. K. Rowling, Danielle Steel and Barbara Cartland — owned a publishing empire. They did not change the spiritual landscape of America and several of its Western allies. They were not pregnant at 15 and they did not lack high-school diplomas.

Date: May 15, 2008 08:51AM

I missed out on the Dyer/Katie CD...fortunately! :-) Actually, books have always been more my thing anyway. Considering how drawn I was to listening to Dyer as a speaker, I'm really glad that I missed his working with Byron Katie or I likely would have been sucked into that as well. As it is, I think my background in New Age stuff instilled some kind of conditioning within me, and I can feel it if I'm reading certain material, so I'm careful. But I think it's getting better.

I went to the Hay House web site. Haven't been there in a long time. Yup, those authors are all there--Byron Katie, Brian Weiss (I had no idea he was a Hay House author!), Dr. Oz. I also had no idea Oz was published by HH. I've never had any interest in Oz's work, just the smattering I heard from the TV struck me as being kind of catering to the masses, that type of thing.

Re Dyer and possible substance...he did make a big deal out of giving up alcohol. Never a mention of anything else, not that I can recollect anyway.

Date: May 15, 2008 12:26PM

Wayne Dyer comes under a lot of criticism for the PBS shilling he does...many in the skeptical community flip-out everytime PBS turns over their network to him to promote his stuff. Every year Dyer seems to go further into LaLaLand.
If I met Wayne Dyer, I would ask him about if he can do Magic, then why can't he grow hair?
Just curious....

But I think you have made a scoop with the Hay House and House of Oprah connection.
Maybe Cosmic Connie, SHAM Salerno, or others will look into that.

It appears to be some type of New Wage cross-breeding. Who knows, maybe Oprah company has bought a stake in HayHouse...clearly some type of deal has gone down, and now Oprah promotes Hay House.
Maybe Oprah figures instead of making other publishers rich, she should own her own publishing house. Oprah probably does have an ownership stake in Hay House.

Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.