Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Oprah's Ministry
Posted by: thunderbyrd ()
Date: January 10, 2008 05:37PM

here's Oprah's newest thing:

[kimolsen.wordpress.com]

i hope i'm not the only one here who finds this disturbing. and while we're at it, why does the world pay so much attention to this woman, anyway?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oprah's Ministry
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 10, 2008 10:02PM

Oprah has promoted "A Course In Miracles" for a long time, and I have seen posts here about ACIM. Here's a search.
[forum.culteducation.com]

Oprah will probably be doing radio LGAT courses on The Secret soon, if not already.
And maybe Scientology next week too.
I don't really see any evidence that Oprah believes any of these things are anything other than desirable and profitable.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 11, 2008 07:03AM

Yeah, from what I can gather, the lady has plenty of dollars but lacks a great deal of common cents (sense). She really doesn't ever come across as someone with a sharp mind. In fact, I think she's an expert 'YES' woman: gullible and enthusiastic. Easy to ignore...

Posted by: Mikko ()
Date: February 11, 2008 04:23AM

There is nothing disturbing about the spiritual recommendations Oprah makes.

Date: February 11, 2008 04:24AM

If Oprah didn't believe them, she wouldn't be promoting them.

Date: February 11, 2008 04:25AM

She wouldn't be where she is if she lacked common sense. I can understand, though, how someone who was threatened by her would label her "easy to ignore."

Date: February 12, 2008 11:16AM

Oprah has done a lot of charitable works.
But there has been a long history of promoting dubious and even dangerous claims and ideologies.

One wonders how she justifies it all. Money in the bank?
She does display a total lack of critical thinkingin certain areas, maybe that is why she is so popular with Advertisers.

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: February 26, 2008 06:59AM

imho Oprah will soon "crash"...as much as I admire her I see that all her material wealth and public success (fame) cannot fill a huge void she seems to have...

shad

Date: February 29, 2008 05:16AM

Oprah is pumping A Course In Miracles again.

looks like Marianne Williamson has a XM radio show on A Course in Miracles.

Marianne Williamson new book is The Age of Miracles: Embracing the New Midlife.
More A Course in Miracles

Re: Oprah's Ministry,Tom Cruise propaganda
Date: May 03, 2008 05:12AM

Saw some of the Oprah with Tom Cruise show.
It was just media-counter-SPIN-persuasion for Cruise to try to get his image back.
FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE.
Fake laughter, fake humility....

Cruise all soft-spoken, Oprah lobbing him softball questions...ignoring the facts of the Scientology, and letting Cruise get away with saying anything he wants.

Now she is going to have a Part2 with Tom Cruise, full of celebrities...to try and bring Tom Cruise back into favor.

You can also tell Oprah is using this to try and get her own image back too. Oprah has gotten tons of flack over the Tolle religious cult stuff. So she probably feels that her and Cruise have to both "hide" their culty religious stuff from now on. Cruise said that he has to be more careful in his communications, and Oprah nodded knowingly as she listened...
So they are just going to tone it down a bit, and get sneakier?

This applies to Eckhart Tolle.
Even if ET were involved with a horrible group like Scientology which has hurt thousands, its all OK with Oprah. Its fine with her.
So Eckhart Tolle would have to be WAY WORSE than Scientology, to even get criticized by Oprah?

So in terms of culty New Age religions...Oprah is not just a bad joke. She is dangerous, due to her credulous and uncritical promotion of them.
I think Oprah sees what goes on, but just dumbs it down for her audience.
Hey, its all great for those at the top, Oprah, Cruise,Tolle...its good to be the king.

Oprah is not just a bad joke in her culty New Age propaganda...she's very dangerous.
She ended the show with Cruise hugging and kissing him on a mountaintop.
She is doing the same thing emotionally with Eckhart Tolle.

She and her producers are the modern masters of TV persuasion-spin,and counter-spin.

Her show about Tom Cruise ended like the old propaganda movie Triumph Of The Will began...high in the clouds with The Godmen...and now Godwomen...

(photo of the New Celebrity Godmen+Oprah on the Mountaintop.)
[ap.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2008 05:20AM by The Anticult.

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.