Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Westboro Baptist Church
Posted by: Redwing20293 ()
Date: November 25, 2010 10:29AM

Could this group be potetntially dangerous? They are finding more and more things to hate and can it get to the point of violence either they'll cause or someone else will attcak them. If there is a thread about this then I apologise

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Westboro Baptist Church
Posted by: Styxxx ()
Date: November 28, 2010 05:45PM

Well from all I have seen, there is a great deal of destructive hatred coming from the Phelps family. There is a perverse enjoyment of raging I believe. I don't think they are well educated people, at least that is how they come across in interviews.

I would be interested in discussing this topic more and learning more as they are a frightening and abusive clan of people in my opinion.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: November 28, 2010 10:31PM

There is a good 8 part doc on Youtube, from Louis Theroux who spent time with the Phelps:

[www.youtube.com]

Some of them, the women, are quite highly educated. Shirley? is a practising lawyer and some of the other women are either studying or practising law.
But they are all in total thrall to the patriarch, Fred, who is indeed quite nasty.

Louis shows at one point how the small children, the next generation, are taught to hate, it doesn't come naturally, it has to be taught.

You can see how even with good intelligence, Shirley? and her kin become the way they are and I think, gain enjoyment and self-esteem from their behaviour.

Date: November 29, 2010 03:59AM

I couldn't find the full 8 parts on YouTube, here is a link to the entire doc:

[www.documentarytube.com]

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: March 30, 2011 06:33PM

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Following up on his 2007 documentary, The Most Hated Family in America, Louis Theroux returns to Topeka, Kansas, for a week-long visit with the Westboro Baptist Church.

He again joins the Phelps family on their controversial pickets where they try to antagonise communities with offensive slogans and anti-gay placards. But four years on from Louis's last visit, there are signs of disarray in the Phelps clan. A series of defections of family members has shaken up the church.

Sunday, 21:00 on BBC Two. Should be interesting.

Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: March 30, 2011 10:50PM

I have the churches address and telephone # if anyone wants it. Tell them what you think.

Fight back against mind control, manipulating leaders and those who would exploit you. Take control of your own destiny. Before you get involved with a religious movement, investigate it thoroughly first.

Date: March 31, 2011 01:03AM

They are already aware that the watching world does not think much of them, they probably get a perverse kick out of that. It fuels their delusion that only they have access to the Truth.

Date: April 04, 2011 03:50AM

Louis revisits the Phelps, BBC 2 tonight at 9.00pm GMT.
It should be up on iplayer for the next couple of months also.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: April 04, 2011 06:17AM

What a bunch of sick fkers. I actually think they've got worse.

Another cracking documentary from Louis who is now viewed as the ''enemy''. He seemed far more opinionated this time which was nice to see.

That guy who was previously a film producer is a complete nutjob. His daughter Lauren has had a lucky escape there.

The way they completely disown their ''rebellious'' children is shocking. What a bunch of heartless bastards.

I don't think Muslims will be too impressed after watching this documentary. Let's just say they weren't too complimentary towards the Qur'an. They really are asking for trouble here.

Please excuse my French.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2011 06:19AM by Apollo.

Date: April 04, 2011 06:23AM

I get the impression that a lot of it is a piss-take. It's as if they're doing it for the shock value.

Throughout the interviews many of them cannot contain their laughter.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.