Falun Gong/Dafa recruiting midtown, NYC March 9
Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: March 12, 2005 04:06PM

Hi all -

The Falun Gong/Dafa cult was seen aggressively recruiting again around March 9 in midtown Manhattan. Seen on the west side of Fifth Ave, between 34th and 35th Street, across from the CUNY Grad Center. Area has a high number of tourists and business people. Location was just north of the Empire State Building. One person appeared to be forced to stay in a semi-crucified position for hours, with his hands in ropes being held about 1 foot above his head. There was a big sign above the semi-crucified person saying "This is a representation of the torture occuring now in China". Did not see a person in a 2 foot cage at that time. Recruiters appeared to be fairly recent immigrants with minimal English skills and little understanding of American culture.

Now that the warmer weather is coming to NYC, they appear to be coming out again in larger numbers. When the cold weather hit, they appeared to stop their large NYC campaigns they had started in the fall of 2004.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Linnie52 ()
Date: March 17, 2005 07:29AM

HI,
Yes, I have seen the Falun Dafa practitioners in Manhattan - even in Winter. I have also seen them on a cable channel very early in the morning - my first introduction to Falun Dafa. I began the exercises for a health issue but did not realize one had to change ideas and follow beliefs. I am perfectly content with my Catholicism which I do not intend to abandon. I do not judge the Falun Dafa movement but I feel uneasy about it for myself. When I read the word "disciple" of the Fa, I began to feel uneasy. All I wanted to do was improve "chi" to imrove health. I did feel the heat of the energy as I did some of the exercises from time to time, and so the idea of increasing "chi" seems legitimate.
Doesn't groups who give out leaflets on the sidewalks of Manhattan need a certain permit to do so? They have quite a large table and banners, etc. :?:

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 17, 2005 08:45PM

I have received very serious complaints from families about Falun Gong.

Some of those complaints centered upon someone not taking medication and/or receiving proper medical care because they believed the group practice and/or Li Hongzhi would heal them.

Li Hongzhi teaches this and disturbing emails I have received from Falun Gong true believers confirm it.

It seems like Mr. Hongzhi wants it both ways.

That is, to make health claims that entice new recruits, but then carefully take steps to avoid any responsibility by creating a premise for plausible denial.

No scientific study has provided objective evidence that might substantiate any of the healing claims regarding the exercises.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.