Looking for information on Esther Hicks
Posted by: kyra1985 ()
Date: October 07, 2010 06:58AM

I’m writing a blog on the alleged channeler Esther Hicks. I have found some great audio, video, and transcript bits that work against her claim of channeling, but I’m trying to compile more information as evidence of her and her husband’s deception. The blog is primarily geared to those who are either looking for information on the Hicks’ before they get involved in their work, or those who are coming out of it and want to warn others.

If anyone has any more information that could help me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

K

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for information on Esther Hicks
Posted by: xy ()
Date: October 11, 2010 05:04AM

I don't know what to say or think about channeling as a source of information but I think that their books are really good. At least they know very well human psychology.

Esther Hicks, The flagrant Abraham-Hicks scamola confidence-trick
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 12, 2010 02:53AM

The flagrant Abraham-Hicks scamola confidence-trick, has been explored in many other threads.

Abraham - Hicks [forum.culteducation.com]

forum search for Abraham Hicks [forum.culteducation.com]

Re: Esther Hicks, The flagrant Abraham-Hicks scamola confidence-trick
Date: October 14, 2010 05:03AM

Hey The Anticult,

Yes, I've read all the forums on rickross about the Hickses and have found them very useful. Some of those were created several years ago, though, so I was hoping to reach out and find new information or people who are now starting to come forward with their negative experiences with the Hicks' material. We'll see.

Thanks for the response,

Kyra
[www.abrahamhicksfraud.blogspot.com]

Re: Esther Hicks, The flagrant Abraham-Hicks scamola confidence-trick
Posted by: alyb45 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 09:53AM

Abraham Hicks is a fraud and definitely brainwashes people. (especially vulnerable ones looking for ‘life answers.’) Eckhart Tolle does this as well. I’m not familiar with Katie Byron but I did check out her website and from this forum can tell she’s in the same boat as the rest. I would like to focus on Abraham Hicks in hopes that an “Aber” reading this can open their eyes to the brainwashing taking place. And before I being I’d like to say how grateful I am for this forum.
I was heavily into Abraham Hicks for about 8 months. I attended local meetings, went to one of her work shops, and unfortunately got into the habit of listening to her voice recordings at night before going to bed. Esther Hicks is a grown woman playing out her multiple personality disorder in front of many devout followers and it is VERY disturbing. Her followers view her as an amazing woman who can channel non physical entities called ‘Abraham’. I’m convinced ‘Abraham’ is one of her imagined personalities. The teachings of ‘Abraham Hicks’ strips you of your brains critical thinking ability and trains you to avoid ‘all things negative’ and to be selfish so that you can cut off anything negative from your life. “Abraham” calls this state the vortex but it is really an isolated state of being where you enter a “vegetative” state, not different from that of a flower or insect. Her teachings teach that if something bad happens to someone; i.e. if a girl is raped or molested, she brought that on herself through her own unconscious, negative thinking. What is most scary about Abraham Hicks steers you away from your critical thinking skills, ability to decipher right from wrong, and ability to stand up for anything unjust. It is meant to “dumb” you down so that you can accept just about anything they throw at you as the truth. In discovering that her husband Jerry was involved with Amway is very disturbing considering that Amway has used heavy brainwashing tactics.
How I got out of the whole “Abraham” phase was pretty interesting. One day in listening to Esther as she was then ‘Abraham’ she said ‘I’ instead of ‘we’ and it struck me as odd. I just couldn’t shake it. When she ‘channels’ these beings she always says ‘we’. I knew it was a slip up that that revealed she wasn’t channeling but in fact faking it. Esther has a fluffy explanation on how she channels ‘Abraham’ and avoids a specific answer so she can play off mishaps like that. My critical thinking skills were starting to kick back in. I started to notice too that her voice in the earlier recordings was completely different. When she channeled Abraham in the early years, she’d switch into a higher pitched voice with a slight accent and curl on the words. It’s as if she was trying to convince you she was channeling another entity by having a different voice. I think she gave up on faking the voice because now Esther’s voice no longer differs from ‘Abrahams’. Another thing I noticed about her that threw me off was her impatience in answering questions at her workshops. She gets very impatient and almost upset when someone critically analyzes a teaching.
It disturbed me at her workshop how everyone answered yes to her questions. When Esther became ‘Abraham’ she asked “It is good to come together in the purpose of co-creating do you agree?” Everyone says yes. “It is co-creation at it’s best do you agree?” Everyone says yes. Robotic, lifeless, admitting to Esther’s power over them in convincing them the only time they can ever really ‘co-creat’ is with her and other followers.
In my opinion the most powerful way a person can brainwash and form a cult is through thought control This new age stuff trains you to DOUBT the way you have been thinking your whole life. It trains you to doubt any negative thought. Anyone trying to train you to think differently is very dangerous. I’d be more afraid of that person than anyone else because thought control is powerful. When I was an ‘aber” I also found it so hard to relate to other ‘non abers’. I was stripped of the ability to empathize with anyone because of the belief that people self induce illness, abuse, and ‘bag things’ because of their unconscious negative thinking. Remember ‘empathy’ one of those human emotions that bond us, well guess what? Abraham doesn’t really want you to empathize or connect with others, except of course if it is Abraham. I am convinced Esther Hicks has narcissistic personality disorder, along with multiple personality disorder, and it comes out so nicely when she ‘channels’ Abraham. Remember guys…a cult leader never seems harmful and this is why they grow. Bluntly put, I hope you people really wake up to the bs Esther Hicks and Jerry Hicks are shoving in your face.

Re: Looking for information on Esther Hicks
Date: October 23, 2010 01:47PM

Very excited to announce that skeptic's dictionary just added Abraham Hicks! [www.skepdic.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.