Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
cult HOAX, Daughters of Frya Priestesses’ Training College
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 02, 2010 02:13AM

Who is the jerk who is making fun of a serious problem?
There are young people who do get lured into various sects, including sexual manipulation and exploitation.
People get tricked, scammed, hurt, and there are even deaths.

A recent one being analyzed is Desteni. [forum.culteducation.com]

They were posting that hoax a few months ago here.

HOAX quote:
-------------------------
Daughters of Frya Priestesses’ Training College [www.theapricity.com]
The Daughters of Frya Priestesses’ Training College trains and prepares young women aged 18 to 25 for the role of priestesses as mandated by the Oera Linda Book, in readiness for their leadership of the new society to be established after the fall of the current world order.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help and advice needed to get out of a cult
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: October 02, 2010 07:02AM

The Oera Linda Book is a dubious manuscript much loved by neo-nazis and white supremacists:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: October 02, 2010 09:02AM

With the Nazi-Occultism links, and the Atlantis nonsense, its amazing that Desteni has not added this public domain book to their hodgepodge.

Re: cult HOAX, Daughters of Frya Priestesses’ Training College
Posted by: dee71 ()
Date: October 03, 2010 09:07PM

The Anticult
They were posting that hoax a few months ago here.

HOAX quote:
-------------------------
Daughters of Frya Priestesses’ Training College [www.theapricity.com]
The Daughters of Frya Priestesses’ Training College trains and prepares young women aged 18 to 25 for the role of priestesses as mandated by the Oera Linda Book, in readiness for their leadership of the new society to be established after the fall of the current world order.

I found this site when looking for information for the cult that is the COS. However, I am a rather naive forum user and was totally unnerved by the original post, so I followed the above links. These were the particular pages of the thread that I found to be the most revealing:

[www.theapricity.com]

[www.theapricity.com]

I would consider myself to fairly well-informed on cult-like groups but obviously I am completely susceptible to hoaxes. Scary.

Re: cult HOAX, Daughters of Frya Priestesses’ Training College
Date: October 04, 2010 03:35AM

The Carl Sagan Baloney Detection Kit can help sort through the liars. [www.xenu.net]

In many cults, there are professional liars highly skilled in deception.

Posted by: dee71 ()
Date: October 05, 2010 04:22PM

Thanks.

I understand why people would come on here and defend themselves, their groups, stir up trouble, recruit etc, but to make one up! Why would anyone do that? Is it just for kicks? Boredom? Money-making? Or are they actually trying to set up a cult? I guess there are as many different reasons as people but it really freaked me out.

Anyway, well done all you guys and keep up the good work. I'm just glad there are people - like you - who understand how all this works. If it was down to my understanding I wouldn't stand a chance.

Posted by: Brynhild Tudor ()
Date: October 15, 2010 03:00PM

Wow, guess I'm gullible. I actually believed it and sent that girl a private message. Feel embarrassed now...

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.