Scientology - Stress Test - street recruiting
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: January 30, 2005 07:52AM

Walked past the main Scientology building today, and they had several folks out front, AGGRESSIVELY trying to get people to go into the building for a 5 minutes "Stress Test".

They made the error of getting in my face as i walked by, so i stopped, and looked at the girl, and said loudly so others could hear, "PRETTY AGGRESSIVE CULT RECRUITING going on here!!".
The two young women were shocked, and then the fat, shabbily dressed head recruiter, started yelling out loud...
"YES, CULT RECRUITING, THAT'S WHAT WE ARE DOING", and they all started laughing madly.

On my way back, i watched them from the other side of the street. They seemed to get people to go in there every 10 minutes or so. So that's about 10 an hour, so they can get a lot of people each day in their clutches.

Their techniques are horrible.
They had semi-attractive girls, who would step right in front of young men, and some men would then follow them inside.
But the old fat-slob head guy, also targeted some young girls who were about 19 or so. He talked to the group of 3 of them for quite a while.
What he would do is talk, and then WAVE HIS HAND, and start walking inside. Some people would follow him, as a reflex action.
Sadly, i was just getting ready to cross the street to tell these young girls that this was a dangerous cult, when they went inside with him before i could get there.

These people know its a numbers game.
Just get the people in the tent, and some will fall for it.
They are pre-selecting the people they want, as only "innocent" people go in with them. Hardasses tell them to F-off, or just ignore them.
But the passive, the young, the old, the naive, just walk in there, and think they are taking a free "STRESS TEST", when we all know damn well what they are doing. I could also see people filling out their names and addresses in a book before they left.

That fat, poorly dressed head recruiter, knows EXACTLY what he is doing. His reaction showed it. Whereas the younger women, were just in some type of manic state.

Also, the Scientology building is a WRECK.
Some of the upper floor windows are broken and covered with plastic, and you can see junk up there. They have had signs up there for YEARS that say, "we are remodeling, excuse the mess!". The reality is that every cent goes back to head-office.

Maybe i will go in there soon, and give that slob recruiter a lesson in mind control, and see what games they are doing with this test.
But seriously, if i do go in, i will post the info here, so others can read about it.

Coz

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: January 30, 2005 03:46PM

I found some photos online of ANOTHER horribly rundown Scientology building!!!
It is a horrifying thought to think of the horrible abuse that goes on inside of these evil Scientology buildings.

(from the website...)
"Lisa died needlessly at the hands of Scientology. Hubbard Tech produced the death of a young vibrant woman."
[www.lisamcpherson.org]

[img:22ea8431bf]http://home.primus.ca/~ronsharp/pix/tororg2.jpg[/img:22ea8431bf]

[img:22ea8431bf]http://home.primus.ca/~ronsharp/pix/tororg11.jpg[/img:22ea8431bf]

Posted by: Gonzo ()
Date: March 08, 2005 11:41PM

I was working on the X-mas market in B'ham the last two years and observed the recruiting of Scientologymembers there...
I found that most british people(I am german) are quite unaware what they are about.
the very opposite i found in germany,where were they had to leave a lot of places due to civil unrest and direct action.i am sure the same thing will apply to other dianetic centres in UK.
if they have too much trouble,they will leave.....
There is so much you can do.....

Posted by: elena ()
Date: March 09, 2005 12:32AM

Cosmophilospher
Walked past the main Scientology building today,]

Hi Coz,

What city is this?

[Their techniques are horrible.
They had semi-attractive girls, who would step right in front of young men, and some men would then follow them inside.]

Yes, "Hooking for Jesus," or some such. L. Ron has used young women from the beginning. As most cults. Why wouldn't they utilize this E-Z tactic?

[Just get the people in the tent, and some will fall for it.
They are pre-selecting the people they want, as only "innocent" people go in with them. Hardasses tell them to F-off, or just ignore them.
But the passive, the young, the old, the naive, just walk in there, and think they are taking a free "STRESS TEST", when we all know damn well what they are doing. I could also see people filling out their names and addresses in a book before they left.]

I always wonder why this ploy is so difficult for some people to grasp. How many "apologists" show up claiming something like, "Well, *I* wasn't brainwashed, so it must not be "brainwashing." Or, "I just took what was useful to me and left the rest," or, "Do I look brainwashed?"

Cults don't WANT skeptics, the suspicious, those curious enough to doubt, the stubborn, or recalitrant. They want "innocents," trusting souls who believe in the natural "goodness of man." They want people they can fool and then manipulate.

[That fat, poorly dressed head recruiter, knows EXACTLY what he is doing. His reaction showed it. Whereas the younger women, were just in some type of manic state.]

You betcha!

[Also, the Scientology building is a WRECK.
Some of the upper floor windows are broken and covered with plastic, and you can see junk up there. They have had signs up there for YEARS that say, "we are remodeling, excuse the mess!". The reality is that every cent goes back to head-office.]

Probably why there are so many "rogue" or "spin-off" or "squirrel" groups. I imagine even scientologists tire of being exploited.

[Maybe i will go in there soon, and give that slob recruiter a lesson in mind control, and see what games they are doing with this test.
But seriously, if i do go in, i will post the info here, so others can read about it.

Coz

I would pretend to be interested, let them take you in to the first "free" auditing session, and then try to sneak some doubt into the person assigned to you. Ask some subtle questions - they'll have ready-prepared answers - but you might be able to figure out what type of question to ask. Going in "under the radar" is the only way you might reach one of these "front-line" types. Have you read the Spy Magazine story written a few years ago by Mark Ebner?

Good luck. You might be able to plant some seeds that will free some poor soul.

Ellen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.