Have we discussed Landmark to the exclusiin of others???
Posted by: awakeandalive ()
Date: January 12, 2005 12:06PM

It appears from this site that we are spending a lot of time on Landmark and their various programs.

Are they really that powerful?

How do they compare to DahnHak?

Where did all this begin?

My friends were going through EST and I laughed; only to be caught by Dahn three years ago. I keep hoping they will see the light; because they have a wonderful exercise prorgram connection the mind with the body. After reading most of the comments on this site and Rick Ross, I find that I have been in a Cult. The worst part of all this is my body missses the exercise programs; even some of the Spiritual practices; just not the manipulation.

What a waste!!!
They are soooo stupid; It really works without the manipulication.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 12, 2005 07:56PM

For those interested in learning more about Dahn Hak and the controversy that surrounds it.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: Lucretia ()
Date: January 13, 2005 08:52AM

In answer to your question. I do feel landmark seems to be a majority of the focus at this site. Having been part of a different group that is much less well known (about 100 members). I'm wondering if their is a corporate machine part to landmark that is different than the more personalized exploitation and manipulation than I have been dealing with. I'm curious if anyone has an opinion about this. What's the difference in these groups when they become larger and more well known, the big buisness aspect of the cult.

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: January 13, 2005 11:03PM

Lucretia,

I was involved in one-on-one manipulation and exploitation with my naturopath, who was heavily involved in LEC. He was copying their "technology" with, most likely, all his patients. He asked me to work with him, setting up seminars and mini conferences that focused on consciousness studies, alternative medicine and philosophy and physics. It wasn't until his final week in the country that I knew about his LEC involvement, and at that point, it was going on 2 years that I knew him as either a patient or "business partner" as he called it (so he could get out of paying me - which he didn't).

When I found this site long after he was gone, I realized he was trying to be mini Landmark. His goal had been to fill up football stadiums with people attending his conferences. When I compare the LEC and this guy, the only difference I see is numbers - amount of people and what they're paying.

He had taken courses in various hypnosis methods, and was constantly going to seminars at the NY OPen Center, and other new agey venues. I had no experience with new age stuff back then, and just thought these conferences were educational ones about buddhism, hinduism, comparating religion and philosophy. Not until he asked me along to The Prophet's Conference, a conference basically about better spirituality through chemistry, did the whole new religious movement become apparent to me. What was scary is the audience at this conference (Ram Dass, Stanislaw Grof, Oriah Mountain Dreamer, Huston Smith - the only one NOT discussing LSD), was made up of psychiatrists, psychologists and other "healers", all making tons of money in private practice.

There is no difference between the big guys and the little ones except for their paycheck.

Date: January 14, 2005 05:22AM

Hope,
You said something about him wanting to fill up football stadiums. Thats pretty much verbatim to what I've had fed to me, and the whole scheme about getting students/clients/aprentices to his workshops get public there and not pay them for it. Are these people all working off the same play book(pardon the pun)?[/list][/code][/quote]

Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: January 17, 2005 07:34AM

Lucretia,

Sometimes I think the answer lies in the CULTure....notice I said sometimes...

I had always said a phrase to my ex (pre _ LEC) WASASS :evil:
(we are such a strange species) - "we humanes are an addictive species -that can be preyed upon.

Yeah, on one hand I feel that some of us are "prone" to be "picked off of the herd" while some of us, REALLY see things (how automoile salespeople still do things the same way as back in the late 60's when I got the 1st one that was all-mine :lol: ) but the "crap" is SO powerful (whatever the entitiy using the techniques) that the level of knowledge (for instance, the gold book in the Mummy movie-ok, I just saw it for the 1st time yesterday....ok I had a cheap date...but great date :wink: )

But seriously...it pains me as a humane being to see what others fall prey to (20 yrs ago, I was a smoker...now, today, when I see a another smoking, I feel sad, then watch an "ugly bag of water" (Trekkies understand that one) put smoke into their body--now it looks weird...but I don't degrade them, Just feel pain for them, especially if they have a young child in their vehicle with them!

Keep the Faith

PAX

Date: January 17, 2005 09:31AM

Ultaware,

Speaking (writing) in metaphor, it's not effective.......in this situation.

One of the after effects for me that is particularly bothersome is the loaded language crap. So it's very useful to me when someone is straight forward in their languaging. Metaphor (though I understand the appeal at times) can also in a xcult situation be triggering.

What is it that you are saying in reference to Landmark being dicussed so much?

Yes I know what a Trekkie is (SA), and as for The Mummy, well.... sigh, there is no accounting for taste.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.