Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Heavens Gate like Cults.
Posted by: Redwing20293 ()
Date: June 10, 2010 03:13AM

Yes both sets of info posted above are very helpful to me and are what i am looking for. Tahnk you very much :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Keir ()
Date: June 10, 2010 03:29AM

dsm
I am concerned about some of the internet cults we see which appear to be no more than a bunch of videos but which may be acting as "filters" that allow leaders to recruit suicidally-inclined people. It might not even be the leaders of such internet groups, but others who are able to contact and recruit the visible participants.

Does anyone else think this is going on? Is this related to what you have in mind, Redwing?
I tend to agree with you on that dsm. I think Heaven's Gate was probably the most well known internet group (they recruited & indoctrinated alot of members through the internet alone).
I remember seeing the video where Applegate tries to incline others to commit suicide with them when Haley's Comet was passing around. (I think that particular video might still be on youtube or something).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2010 03:30AM by Keir.

Date: June 10, 2010 05:35AM

Applewhites " planet earth about to be recylced" vidoe can be found on google video. Also Rio Diangelo, Heavens gates sole survivor posted all of the tapes on youtube.

Posted by: dsm ()
Date: June 11, 2010 12:35AM

Are they getting comments that show an interest?

Date: June 11, 2010 02:44AM

On the vids I saw on youtube all of the comments were basically saying that Applewhite was nuts.

Posted by: Keir ()
Date: June 12, 2010 02:59PM

Redwing20293
Applewhites " planet earth about to be recylced" vidoe can be found on google video. Also Rio Diangelo, Heavens gates sole survivor posted all of the tapes on youtube.
Thats the one I was refering too!

Posted by: dsm ()
Date: June 12, 2010 04:11PM

I'm looking at the videos now. He never blinks!

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 09, 2010 05:09AM

To whom it may concern:

dsm has been banned from this message board.

Rick Ross
www.culteducation.com

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.