Please help
Posted by: ObedMarsh ()
Date: December 02, 2004 02:12PM

My friends Mother was born in Texas in 1945. Her real mother was a leader of a cult. My friend cannot get any other information from her Mom on this issue. All I have to go on are the following.

1. Satanic Cult
2. 1940's
3. Gainesville, Lubbock, Arlington Texas
4. Ritual abuse (Her Mother is now in her late 50's and still has flashbacks of abuse/fear of skulls/was possibly buried alive for a day with dead animals)
5. Her Mothers name was probably [name deleted]...but that name changed often.

I am not having any luck researching. If anyone knows a thing or two, please let me know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Please help
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 02, 2004 09:11PM

Most claims of "Satanic cults" and "ritual abuse" have been proven false.

See official reports and research at [www.culteducation.com]

Alleging family members were or are cult members/leaders is often a feature of such false claims.

Your friend should find a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist attached to a reputable clinic or hospital to discuss these claims with.

Keep in mind that some therapists have lost lawsuits and their license to practice for encouraging false memories in therapy that revolved around false claims about "Satanic cults" and/or "ritual abuse."

See [www.culteducation.com]

It's likely that the above referenced research material may apply to your friend's situation.

This may be the reason you have so little meaningful information and are not having any luck researching the supposed group.

Please help
Posted by: Brom ()
Date: December 04, 2004 04:11AM

"My friends Mother was born in Texas in 1945. Her real mother was a leader of a cult. My friend cannot get any other information from her Mom on this issue. All I have to go on are the following. "

A few things:
"My friends Mother was born in Texas in 1945. Her real mother was a leader of a cult. "

Are you talking about one or two people? "Mother" and "real mother".

"Her real mother was a leader of a cult"

It is not the leaders who get abused or buried. Not to mention that in the 1940's , this woman was not more than 5 years old - how did she get to be leader?

"My friend cannot get any other information from her Mom on this issue"

So your friend's mother does not want to talk about something in her past. Does she have to do so? Isn't she allowed any privacy? What business is it of her child's?

"All I have to go on..."

See the comments about privacy. What business is it of yours? This woman has decided she does not want her daughter to know about some small part of her life. Your attitude seems to be 'The hell with what she wants'

Take heart in what the other poster noted - almost all reports of ritual Satanic abuse are imagined or otherwise false. In fact, I know of none that have been proven to be true.

Please help
Posted by: Green ()
Date: January 08, 2005 05:17AM

I think your first reply gave you the answer that you were looking for:

most likely the satanic cult thing was made up.

You are probably just helping your friend and that is very good of you. It might be just a wild goose chase.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.