Just Left Impact Trainings in Utah
Posted by: vicki_snshne ()
Date: November 30, 2004 05:44AM

I'm wondering who else here has been through an LGAT/ New Age training.
Hans Berger takes LGAT's a step further with his 3 "Mastery Level" Trainings all about NEW AGE mysticism. I can see, especially now that I am no longer involved, anything this guru taught is alot like anything you can find about Wiccan, Pagan, white magic, etc., in books. I spent 30 months, over 1,000 volunteer and training hours, and 7,000 dollars of my time there. These people are so clever at what they do...Their web address is [www.impacttrainings.com]

We were "saving the world," preparing to ascend, and enrolling the whole world into being enlightened like us. I was giving all my energy in practicing "the tools" the trainings gave us, daily. I was at Master level III and so the training was a lifestyle. To continue being in level III, the ground rules were that we were to finish the training (funny, there wasn't a date on when it was to end) , we were encouraged to volunteer regularly, among other things. There are close to 200 involved at that level, the majority living in Utah, with 10% outside Utah. There are 75 more trainees on the way to III right now.
A person would leave every month or so lately, which seemed strange at the time, as this was my family. We called each other family, and it was our mission to bring people to our family.

My sister told me I was closed minded a month ago...that I wasn't thinking for myself and that Impact was all I ever talked about. My sister is very intelligent, and I am glad she said something lovingly that foreshadowed my disenchantment, wanting to leave...(for 5 months now) and finally being booted out a week ago today.

I have already had a few conversations, with my sister, who is celebrating, my father, who is supportive, and Liz from WellSpring Retreat, who spoke with me for an hour on the phone and told me it was OK to use the C word...Cult. Now I see that is a possibility. But, Everytime I went down to Impact, my serotonin and endorphin levels would kick in, my trance alpha state would feel like bliss, etc. That's why I have been off depression medication for the last couple of years, really. Not because they healed me.

So maybe some of you can see I have work to do to get into my head, (they would say "GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD!") but hey, I left.
Gettin Out in Utah

PS. Can't believe there are so little criticism out there about Harmony and Impact online, ( I found 7 criticisms from two different message boards total after hours of research) can't believe thereapists aren't as knowledgable on this, can't believe there aren't ethical regulations, a great amount scientific studies or lawsuits on these things. I am emotionally exhausted and still in shock from my experience, and right now, if I sound a bit jumbled, I'm tired.

I'm glad I left though, and have spent days studying 'cults', etc.
Impact Trainings is a LGAT spinoff of LifeSpring, I just learned.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 30, 2004 03:53PM

It is noteworthy to add that Pamela Bushman also works hand in hand with Hans and Sally Berger. I failed to mention that in my initial posting. They have and LGAT alright, they have also (starting 3 years ago) evolving the Mastery trainings. TIT I was the only one. Then came TIT II. At about 2002, TIT III was added. So, besides LGAT, they have their own New Age Training. You view their website at [www.impacttrainings.com].

I hear Hans and Sally have, in the past, been investigated by the State Attorney's Generals office, the police, and by the FBI, been sued, etc. I have been encouraged to read up on cases by going to the Salt Lake County Courthouse. Just to reinforce my peace of mind that I am trully doing the best thing by opting out.

Another idea I have is going to the Better Business Burea. Not that I have ever done any of the above mentioned, but hey, I am now on a roll to educate and speak out.

Thanks for being here. This forum is needed and appreciated.

Posted by: dawn ()
Date: December 01, 2004 11:07PM

Hello I have a question. When was the nov impact training. I think my husband was there. I looked at the picture can't make it big enough to see but I think he is in it . He has become very different since his return form there. thank you

Date: December 02, 2004 01:53AM

Quest was November 10-13

Date: December 03, 2004 06:37AM

I was told on several occassions during my trainings,
"Everyone is their own guru," or something to that effect.
What do you make of that? Very clever...

Posted by: Victim1 ()
Date: December 13, 2004 06:05AM

Hey Vicki, I also went through IMPACT trainings and is very familar with The berger family. Thanks to IMPACT my husband has had two affair which they did nothing about. Now they are going to have to be "accountable" and be their "word" when it comes to following the "ground rules" which they haven't been doing. The only thing they have been doing is taking peoples money to buy new match mercedes suv's. They make be sick!!!!!

Posted by: Victim1 ()
Date: December 13, 2004 06:08AM

Dear Dawn, my husband went through the program and has two affairs since Jan. Impact has spoken to him and the other parties and have done nothing! Although he is breaking "the ground rules" they allow him to keep coming and bringing more money and more people to enroll.. The owners are sick people!

Posted by: Toni ()
Date: December 13, 2004 12:25PM

only two affairs?
(excuse my sarcasm, pleease) The situation is so painful. Guess I've been around all of this for far too long. Sadly have become calous to the methods and stories. Yes, lived through heartbreak, unbelievably painful, because of cultic manipulations. You name it, I've seen it. (sigh)

You might want to check out another category of groups on this message board "Large Group Awareness Trainings" The teachings have very little to do with mind control. It is the behavior that causes the definition of cult.

Of course Impact will not 'call him on his stuff' about having an affair. You, his devoted wife who is not in Impact, are a threat to their access to his mind, his money, and his abilty to recruit others. The more he lies to you, and angers you, the more likely that you will get out of their way to run his life, his wallet, and free labor.

Yes, it is all sick. Have you read the section on this website that is written for family members? Have you considered doing an intervention with a professional? Sister, you are in for an awful rollar coaster ride. I am so sorry. It is a terrible situation to face.

Blessings to you,
t

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.