Re: James Arthur Ray - Audio
Posted by: Yakaru ()
Date: March 11, 2011 03:57AM

Salty Droid is also covering the trial through twitter -- @RayShouldPay.

For reference, here's a link to the state's transcript of the audio

[apps.supremecourt.az.gov]

Thanks, Stoic for the highlighting that comment about Colleen's death. I understand there are renewed moves to get the case reopened.

While I'm here, Shawna Bowen has written a book about the sweat lodge deaths, which seems to me to be rather poorly thought out. All I've read about it is the endorsement from Joe Vitale and some other generic huckster, both happily commending the book for "not pointing the finger of blame". I think she's sincere, but with that kind of recommendation from that kind of person, I won't be reading it.

Options: ReplyQuote
James Arthur Ray - Joe Vitale - scam scam scam scam scam scam scam
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 11, 2011 09:17AM

Don't like to use aspersions when avoidable, but Joe Vitale really is disgusting.
Just a grotesque parody of an old-school flam-flam man, trying to sell anyone anything he can push.

Scam after scam after sham after scam.
And he knows full well the powerful techniques being used on people. [forum.culteducation.com]
Joe Vitale, truly a vile vile person.

Meanwhile, the audio recordings before the death-lodge, show specifically that people were being deliberately pushed to the point of death, using very powerful techniques of group persuasion, with Death Ray setting himself up as the Pope/God of life and death.

Joe Vitale. Perhaps he too will get an invite to the white-collar Graybar Hotel someday too?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2011 09:45AM by The Anticult.

Re: James Arthur Ray - Joe Vitale - scam scam scam scam scam scam scam
Posted by: Kalista7 ()
Date: March 14, 2011 03:55AM

Agreed, @The Anticult. It sure helps to know Hypnosis & NLP in order to recognize these patterns.

By the way, does anyone know the order of witnesses for the trial? I have a list but it's in alphabetical order.
Also, are there video archives available? Sometimes I miss parts from the live feed.

Thanks!

Posted by: hotmud ()
Date: March 14, 2011 12:53PM

you have a link here that you identify as a transcript of the audio for the trial. I surely would like to find if that is available online!!

The link that you provided, however, takes me to one of the filed court papers, a state request for reconsideration of the judge's decision to exclude prior acts. [goo.gl]

IS a transcript of the trial available online somewhere? Tx!

Re: James Arthur Ray - Joe Vitale - scam scam scam scam scam scam scam
Date: March 14, 2011 08:36PM

As far as I know, the exact order isn't posted anywhere, but Josh Fredrickson, JRI staff member who was in the sweat lodge and responsible for dragging people out (but doesn't seem to have done much) is scheduled to appear 22 March. He was of course, granted immunity for the duration of his interview, but he didn't say anything "immunity-worthy".

[tommcfeeley.com]

Maybe someone here knows when Rick Ross is scheduled, but I imagine they would be holding the expert witnesses back until later, to let the defense air all their explanations unopposed, and then have the experts blow them out of the water.

If anyone finds any video archives, I'd also be interested!

Date: March 14, 2011 08:51PM

@hotmud,

scroll down to pg 12. It's not a complete transcript but it'S most of it.

[apps.supremecourt.az.gov]

Salty droid also has posted the enitire audio.

[saltydroid.info]

Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Date: March 14, 2011 08:57PM

Also, following up Stoic's earlier link regarding a comment on Salty Droid's site about Colleen Conaway's death. Colleen's sister has answered it. Smoking gun.

[saltydroid.info]

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: March 16, 2011 08:15AM

CNN reports on the trial: Inside the "Sweat Lodge" ceremony gone wrong.

[edition.cnn.com]

Posted by: Kalista7 ()
Date: March 16, 2011 10:36AM

Great info, everyone... The more I hear, the worse it sounds. I discovered today that Ray didn't allow anyone to take water into the sweat lodge. I was also surprised to know that the rounds were just 15 min. long - is this true? The sweat lodges that I attended (that were real ones) had 4 rounds of approx. 45 min. per round - and nobody ever got sick - and we always took water in with us!! It was a quiet, sacred time and people could leave quietly if needed. It was never about ego or endurance.

Here's a nice blog that has daily updates: [celestialhealing.blogspot.com]

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 16, 2011 09:28PM

Over ten years ago, I participated in a week long athletic event. Three days in a row,
the tempreture was in the high 90s and the third day the tempreture went into the 110s.

One third of us were dehydrated enough to require treatment--as in IV rehydration.

Dehydration affects mental function. I did not know when to quit and instead of recognizing I should have stopped, gone to the side of the road and flagged for a support vehicle, I kept on going, following the line on the road.

One woman who was waiting to step onto a bus with other participants, was so striken that she walked away resumed the race, and fainted further down the road. Her brain was overheated-literally, and going through the equivalent of a computer 'crash'.

Now this was a situation where we were being told for our own safety to QUIT. People still wanted to continue, as the event mattered to them.

We also had access to water--what we carried ourselves and also what was readily available at the road stops.

Medical treatment was available as part of the event.

Imagine how hard it would be if the tempretures were yet higher, one isnt allowed to carry water, and a charismatic leader is hollering at you to keep on going...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.