Date: July 01, 2011 05:52AM

'Jury in sweat lodge case at impasse on factors .'

[online.wsj.com]#

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: July 01, 2011 05:56AM

[twitter.com]:

"Defense motions to strike aggravating factors 1 & 3; Polk would like to give jury further written instrux. Judge denies motion."

"Judge denied motion from defense to strike aggravators 1 & 3. #jamesray - in recess right now;"

"Judge is writing note to jury to ask whether or not they would like to continue deliberating. Standing by"

[twitter.com]

#jamesray. VERDICT: Jury finds the aggravating factor of emotional harm PROVEN. Deadlocked on other 2, don't wish to deliberate further.

#jamesray. Verdict: Jury finds aggravating factor of unique trust PROVEN for Liz Neuman.
6 minutes ago » rachelstockman Rachel Stockman

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2011 06:12AM by Stoic.

Date: July 01, 2011 06:25AM

And he's out on bail until the sentencing, which will be on July 25th.

At least the judge has had access to the background details of the case that were suppressed for the jury. I hope he puts a serious dent in DeathRay's continuing career, for the sake of his remaining followers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2011 06:40AM by Stoic.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: July 01, 2011 08:31AM

I hope he puts a "serious dent" in Ray for the sake of ALL LGAT victims.

What is an "LGAT victim"?....anyone who has paid for useless, feelgood advice from these thieves.

Date: July 01, 2011 03:21PM

The madness continues, James Ray is personally pleading for help with getting probation, not jail-time, so that he can continue with 'his work' and 'contributing to society'---we've seen his contributions so far to the health and welfare of society and how much 'help' he was prepared to extend to his dying paying customers.

[saltydroid.info]

'kalista7 said:
Email from James Ray asking for help. Evidently, he doesn’t feel he’s done anything wrong and wants to continue with his work. So, any past participants, I think it would be wise for you to send letters about problems in past seminars. You could send them to Ms. Polk.

Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:06 PM
To:
Subject: [CSPlink] Re: More on James Arthur Ray

I just received this email from James Ray. He needs help from all those who really know him. I’ve volunteered to testify as a character witness in Aug.or Sept. prior to sentencing. ALL your letters will help his case.

Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:58 PM
To: Tony Alessandra (TA@Alessandra.com )
Subject: help James Ray

Tony I need as many letters of support as possible talking about the good I’ve done and WHY I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE DOING MY WORK and get probation versus prison. Can you help me? How do they know me, what have I done for them or what have they observed me do, what do they know about my character, work ethic, contribution, WHY SHOULD I BE ALLOWED TO GET BACK AND CONTRIBUTE TO SOCIETY, ETC.
You mentioned that many speakers have made supportive comments to you, can you get them to write letters-the more the better. My lawyers want to give them to the judge to help sway his sentence. Have them send via email to nk@jamesray.com . Attachment with a signature is best but if not possible can be in the body of the email.

Thanks in advance for your help

James Arthur Ray

Is it just me, or did anyone else think it’s disgusting and odd that Judge Darrow allowed James Ray to just walk out free today, until the mitigation hearing on (the anniversary of Colleen’s death) July 25th??

@SD: Do you feel the judge has favored the defense?'

There is still time available to send letters to Sheila Polk of the prosecution team for any who have been hurt in any way by James Ray's 'contributions to society' in any previous events or 'teachings'

The address to send emails is here:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2011 03:49PM by Stoic.

Posted by: Yakaru ()
Date: July 01, 2011 05:34PM

I find this all rather sickening. So the judge might get to read some sycophantic babbling by people with an undisclosed financial interest in keeping Ray afloat. That's insane, given all the evidence that was excluded as "prejudicial".

Date: July 01, 2011 07:44PM

Yes, that 'undisclosed financial interest in keeping Ray afloat.'
I think that extends way beyond just the followers who have made a business of peddling his wares for him.

One of the confusions for observers around this trial has been how closely Ray appears to embody the profit-is-king, capitalist dream of the self-made man dragging himself up by the bootstraps to wealth and fame--and what can be wrong with that?
The fact that profiteering always involves exploitation of one form or another is an idea that few are willing to entertain--so they don't entertain it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2011 07:46PM by Stoic.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: July 02, 2011 06:15AM

I guess we'll see what happens.
But judges are not usually swayed by that junk. In fact, it may show a lack of remorse for James Ray, and make it worse for him.

Also, it might be good to spread the word on the Droid site, as everyone reads that site.
The word that sending letters on behalf of James Ray, might very well set that person up to be sued as part of any class action lawsuits against James Ray. Because if they are business partners or associates with James Ray, then they could find themselves in hot water with Ray.

Of course Ray wants to go right back to fleecing the public. Its all he knows how to do.

Date: July 02, 2011 03:52PM

The Droid people already have this covered, as does Connie Joy--'Tragedy in Sedona'-- on facebook, and various interested parties on twitter.

It wouldn't hurt for anyone else with an outlet to post the details of the prosecution's intended rebuttal of the
'James is a good guy, really, underneath (buried in some inaccessible place) the cold disregard for his customer's continuing lives in favour of profiteering from their injuries and death' mitigation attempt.

Details here:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Date: July 02, 2011 04:18PM

[saltydroid.info]

Omikse said:
from Connie Joy’s FB page:

1) Sheila Polk did not make an error with the recording. It was admitted as evidence and the mistrial motion is most likely going to go the way all the others have: nowhere.

2) James is free on bail because probation is an option and this is pret…ty standard. Defendants who are free on bail and become Convicted felons get to stay free if they have conformed to the conditions of their bail and if prison time is not mandatory.

3) Judge Darrow, while we may not like it, is not doing anything any different than he has done in any other case. He is extra cautious because he doesn’t want appeal or mistrial. He historically does show bias to the defense, not just to James.

4) Judge Darrow cannot read any letters or Connie’s book until the trial is OVER. So, sending him anything that can be entered into evidence is counterproductive; send all letters to Sheila and or Diskin.

5) they have received about 30 letters to date and would like more. We have time. If you haven’t done so yet, and feel strongly that James has harmed you—please write it in a letter and let your voice be heard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2011 04:31PM by Stoic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.