AMORC, Cults & Mind Control
Posted by: Lucifer ()
Date: August 27, 2009 03:02AM

Is there a RC fraternity that you do not consider as a 'cult'?

Do you consider Taoism a cult?

Do you consider Sufism a cult?

And lastly, my question regarding AMORC:

Why is it perceived as a mind controlling entity?

Could it be that not everyone manages to 'see' & 'feel' the changes and the contact with a higher plane, etc.

Don't people who live in fear have the most difficulty to 'see' & 'feel'; or 'attune'?

Wouldn't the upcoming (WWI - WWII etc) have motivated Lewis and his peers to install a system for that New World, so as they can cultivate spirituality on as much a mass scale as they can - and what appears to be mind control, is simply brainwashing people out of their fears, and out of the media brainwashing?

I am new; hello all. A seeker. Nickname's Lucifer since somehow some old friends pinned it on me :) and I am considering following up my path... somewhere :) I've already engaged in long mediation courses (free ones btw) and if I wasn't clear in my mind as to how i felt then, and the kind of ability i felt i had to get what i want... that others almost feel i was brainwashed.

So, having said all that; can someone help me on this AMORC business? :) Coz they seem to be the "big guys" lodges, to meet others, etc.

What's the harm?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AMORC, Cults & Mind Control
Posted by: watching4amorc ()
Date: September 01, 2009 07:52AM

Dear Lucifer,

You are asking a difficult (almost impossible ) question here ” can someone help me on this AMORC business? :) Coz they seem to be the "big guys" lodges, to meet others, etc. ”.
I am a long time member and I have learned that you will never find a member brave enough to give you a negative critics of AMORC. I am sure you can figure out why.
I can simply refers you to the blog of Pierre Freeman (very brave man indeed).
http://www.theprisonerofamorc.typepad.com/ (Pierre Freeman blog)
http://www.theprisonerofamorc.com/ (Pierre Freeman website)

I have been posting some of his blog entry on this discussion group.
Pierre Freeman He has written two books about AMORC:
1-The Prisoner of San Jose
2-AMORC Unmasked
Just watch this string and you will see the hostile post I will get here from members and ex-members of AMORC for simply posting this reply here. This will give you a clear idea about AMORC.

Posted by: scaro ()
Date: September 01, 2009 11:03PM

I am a long term critic and researcher of AMORC.

I was a member for about 18 months. I know a number of long term members who are critical of the group.

I do not think them a particularly harmful group at all. If you feel that you will derive benefit from associating with them, by all means go ahead and give them a go.

As occult groups and 'NRMs' (new religious movements - a less value laded term than cults) go, AMORC is fairly benign.

As for R+C fraternities lacking cultic tendencies, I can commend both the Builders of the Adytum and if you are a Mason, there are Masonic Rosicrucian colleges that are about as far away from the negative idea of 'cults' as it is possible to go.

I think the most 'religious' R+C group is the Lectorium Rosicrucianum, but in spite of the name, its ideas are not really in the Rosicrucian stream, according to a number of commentators.

Ben

Posted by: csp ()
Date: September 02, 2009 11:42PM

Correct that the Lectorium is not per se in the typical Rosicrucian stream. It is more closely linked with the Gnostic Christian tradition preceded historically by the Cathars, Bogomils, Manicheans, etc.

Date: September 04, 2009 12:33AM

watching4amorc
Dear Lucifer,

You are asking a difficult (almost impossible ) question here ” can someone help me on this AMORC business? :) Coz they seem to be the "big guys" lodges, to meet others, etc. ”.
I am a long time member and I have learned that you will never find a member brave enough to give you a negative critics of AMORC. I am sure you can figure out why.
I can simply refers you to the blog of Pierre Freeman (very brave man indeed).
http://www.theprisonerofamorc.typepad.com/ (Pierre Freeman blog)
http://www.theprisonerofamorc.com/ (Pierre Freeman website)

I have been posting some of his blog entry on this discussion group.
Pierre Freeman He has written two books about AMORC:
1-The Prisoner of San Jose
2-AMORC Unmasked
Just watch this string and you will see the hostile post I will get here from members and ex-members of AMORC for simply posting this reply here. This will give you a clear idea about AMORC.

watching4amorc thank you for the reply.

Well, I did ask more than one question; were they all "impossible" to answer?

I have found often - check that, most of my experiences, that when I cannot put my finger on something, I try and put my finger on as many things around it as possible, to contrast that answer out. Hope that made sens.

I asked if other RC are considered cults too. I asked if Taoism is. I asked if Sufism is. I'll add to my questions is hermetic order of golden dawn a cult too? Do they too do mind control in ur opinion? They seem to be "Amorc friendly".. I asked if you believe there was a kind of an initiative by Lewis & peers to come up with something for a massive scale operation. ...

I implied the media already has most brainwashed, and I asked if you believe this "mind control" (as some seem to put it here) is meant to reverse that pre-existing brainwashing that exists in the masses today.

Are all those answers given in the recommended reading you gave me?

If not, it doesn't help :) for I am 'contrasting' my answers out. If yes, then by all means share; otherwise, it would take for ever if to write each post, one must read a couple of books :)

Thank you 'watching4amorc',

Date: September 04, 2009 12:44AM

scaro
I am a long term critic and researcher of AMORC.

I was a member for about 18 months. I know a number of long term members who are critical of the group.

I do not think them a particularly harmful group at all. If you feel that you will derive benefit from associating with them, by all means go ahead and give them a go.

As occult groups and 'NRMs' (new religious movements - a less value laded term than cults) go, AMORC is fairly benign.

As for R+C fraternities lacking cultic tendencies, I can commend both the Builders of the Adytum and if you are a Mason, there are Masonic Rosicrucian colleges that are about as far away from the negative idea of 'cults' as it is possible to go.

I think the most 'religious' R+C group is the Lectorium Rosicrucianum, but in spite of the name, its ideas are not really in the Rosicrucian stream, according to a number of commentators.

Ben

Thank you scaro for the information & reply,

I checked out BOTA's website; it is confirming my suspicion of the 'initiative' i mention in my post above further. There seems to be many groups out there more or less offering similar stuff. And so far, if Amorc isn't for me, it's only because I do not view myself as being brainwashed - but the issue is, so does everybody. But I'll mention that I stopped watching TV for a few years now; except for hockey games and specific event coverage.

I am not a Mason. And yes, I did come across the RC societies within Masonry, and one must be a Mason to follow that path. I have found the path to becoming a Mason to be a bit bumpy... Not sure how to do that yet :) I feel I am one already, without actually being one on paper.
I feel Masonry will ground me further, and the RC thought would give me wings.

Too weird? :)

Thank you Ben

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.