Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
LATEST SCIENTOLOGY NEWS
Posted by: Oerlikon ()
Date: August 15, 2009 04:20AM

Scientologyis getting big in the Las Vegas Valley, at least in terms of squarefootage. The controversial religion is renovating a former synagoguecomplex near...

www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/aug/13/scientology-ups-profile/

Richard Tyler's New Scientology Uniforms Look Awfully Familiar.

RichardTyler, a Los Angeles–based fashion designer whose heyday ended in the1990s, just unveiled the new uniforms he created for workers atScientology's...

www.vanityfair.com/online/style/2009/08/richard-tylers-scientology-uniforms-look-awfully-familiar.html

Human Rights Activists Outraged that Scientology Cult Founder Compared to MLK, Gandhi, Mother Teresa

www.agoravox.com/article.php3?id_article=10571

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LATEST SCIENTOLOGY NEWS
Date: August 20, 2009 01:23PM

[scienceblogs.com]

If you look up an organisation on Wikipedia, then the article will be pretty useless if it's written by people with any sort of passionate relationship to that organisation. If they hate it, if they love it, they're not the right people to write about it.

Posted by: Kaleidoscope ()
Date: September 04, 2009 06:45AM

Scientology preys on the uninformed via massive Craigslist spamming, offering books for sale, tapes and CDs, and most disturbing, courses and group meetings targeting troubled marriages, emotional difficulties, and financial distress.

[forums.whyweprotest.net]

Date: September 04, 2009 08:33AM

Here is the correct link to the above Craigslist post:

WhyWeProtest

Date: September 04, 2009 01:18PM

Scientology went before the San Jacinto California City Council, but failed at their request to close Gilman Springs Road, according to attorney Graham Berry (interviewed here by Nathan Baca of KESQ). The thoroughfare is better known as Gold Base Road because of its famous resident Scientology productions.

This is the San Jacinto agenda page.

It is said that the Scientologists wanted the road closed in order to keep protesters away.

They already have a tunnel under Gilman Springs Road to travel between the two halves of the Scientology complex, out of the public's eye.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2009 01:31PM by Kaleidoscope.

Date: September 05, 2009 02:21PM

Down the rabbit hole with L Ron and friends!

Can somebody please explain to me what's happening here?

This link will only be good for the next four days.

Edit - I stand sharply corrected by the WhyWeProtest forum. Apparently, they have been attempting to unload this on and off for quite a while now - it's not selling.

Hi-larious!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2009 02:29PM by Kaleidoscope.

Date: September 10, 2009 08:22AM

They are at it again:

Scientology calls for Internet and Media censorship in Australia:
[bit.ly] - #religion [twitter.com]
#cult [twitter.com]
#hategroup[twitter.com](
[bit.ly])

Date: September 15, 2009 06:43PM

A law passed in May apparently may benefit Scientology in France, where the cult was threatened with possible dissolution:

[bit.ly]

Date: September 16, 2009 02:24AM

Oerlikon
A law passed in May apparently may benefit Scientology in France, where the cult was threatened with possible dissolution

That was a really bad break.

Date: September 16, 2009 02:15PM

NY Daily News runs, then retracts, story on the Smiths' New Village Leadership Academy. No explanation has been given.

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith can't shake their private school's Scientology reputation
BY Sherryl Connelly Sept 11, 2009

No matter how hard they try, Will Smith and wife Jada Pinkett-Smith can’t dodge chatter that the private elementary school they run outside of Los Angeles is an outpost for Scientology thinking.

The New Village Leadership Academy, which Tinseltown stars paid $1 million for, opened for its second year this week, facing the “secret Scientologist” rumors yet again.
And for good reason.

Earlier this month Pinkett-Smith fired the previous director who had problems with the Study Tech curriculum devised by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, according to a report on RadarOnline.com earlier this month.

The new director, Piano Foster, completed a Scientology Basic Study Manual course in 2005 and her name appears on an official Scientology list.

But the school, which runs from pre-kindergarten through grade six, is registered with the California state government as "non-religious."

While they’re close friends with the famous and famously Scientologist couple Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, Smith has denied in the past that he is a member of the church.

“I’ve talked to Tom about it. [There’s] lots of incredible, wonderful concepts but Jada and I don't necessarily believe in organized religion," Smith told the newswire World Entertainment News Network in 2006.

“I was raised in a Baptist household, and my grandmother would get up out of her casket [if I became a Scientologist]."

The Smith's charitable foundation gave $122,500 in 2008 to groups affiliated with the Church of Scientology. But they also donated $1.3 million to a variety of religious, civic and arts groups that year, including a Los Angeles mosque.

Pinkett-Smith told Ebony magazine earlier this year that NVLA was not affiliated with Scientology.

"All I can say is it is not a Scientology school. Now, if you don't trust me, and you are questioning my integrity, that is a whole different matter.

“That is straight evil to think I would bring families into that educational institution and then try to get them to convert into some religion.”

Here is the original link:
http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/09/11/2009-09-11_will_smith_and_jada_pinkettsmith_cant_shake_their_private_schools_scientology_re.html

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.