Ananda Marga
Posted by: greg ham ()
Date: August 12, 2009 10:30AM

Does any one have the facts on the tantrik techniques they use?

Grave yard meditations?
calling on ghosts and doing battle with them?

They claim publicly 6 initiations or ' lessons' but someone whod been to calcutta like 20x said there are 30? initiations..

They gave me the mantra ' brama'
and told friend to meditate on ' baba nam kevaklam'

ACCORDING TO P BABA IN HIMALAYAS ANANDA MARGA IS
focused on power and ' its agor tantra and dangerous'

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ananda Marga
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 12, 2009 09:17PM

Don't know Ananda Marga but there is a very interesting, non-sensational documentary on an aghori sadhu on you-tube in six parts.
Aghoris are the most extreme sect of sadhu and use very transgressive practices to cut through the normal human conditioning. Not for the squeamish, faint-hearted or I would guess anyone expecting to ever rejoin mainstream society.

Part 1:

aghoris

Date: August 13, 2009 08:27AM

OK

What does he do in the vid?
or what 'powers' does he claim to have?
does he have a name

Also i remember the guy who went to calcutta saying
' we use some of the same mantras tibetan buddists do'

Date: August 13, 2009 08:57AM

from the web:
Ken Clark said...

The Ananda Marga is a cult run by grifters. One of them - Sven Rhodenberg is wanted by Sweden for murdering a Colorado professor lured over to Sweden by the A.M. cultist for an "international meeting".

The world may know Batra as an economist but his ex-wife, Diane and I know him as something else. I've known Batra since 1979 when I was a part-time student at S.M.U., studying creative writing. I interviewed him then, trying to get a fresh slant on the nuclear development of India. Instead of discussing the agree-upon topic Batra quickly went into a rant about his guru - Sarkar. His eyes got wet and red as he claimed Sarkar possessed all the knowledge of the universe, spoke all the languages of earth, was the only hope mankind had in surviving its baser instincts, etc.
Batra has been the Dallas, TX., cell leader of the Ananda Marga for at least the last 30 years. The A.M. was banned by the Indian government during the early 1970's and its leader, Sarkar was sent to prison with a life sentence for ordering the murders of 6 defectors. Due to sloppy prosecution and pressure Sarkar, after serving about 6 years was released. He tried to come to the U.S. (where every hustler on earth wants to come as this is where the big money is) but our government refused to give him a visa.
All of Batra's theories have come from the mouth of Sarkar.
Sarkar died in late 1990 but Batra claims he still communicates with him.
Draw your own conclusions.
At Batra's advice I permitted one of the fakirs of the Ananda Marga (Batra's cult) to instruct me concerning meditation. He proceeded to try to hypnotize me and get me to "donate money for the cause of mankind".
The Ananda Marga is a cult run by grifters. One of them - Sven Rhodenberg is wanted by Sweden for murdering a Colorado professor lured over to Sweden by the A.M. cultist for an "international meeting".

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 13, 2009 09:38AM

P Baba seems to agree with the FBI and other law enforcement agencies worldwide that these guys are quite heavily into violence. Lots of web references in Australia for bombings and in India for murders, arms drops and other nasties.

terrorism or spirituality?

Date: August 14, 2009 06:54AM

1982 news report

Sarker, 61, predicts the cult will rule the world by the year 2005. Looked upon as a god by his devout followers,

If sarker did say this..ha ha...HOW WRONG HE WAS

what im hoping people post here is ANANDA MARGA TECHNIQUES and their experiences

Posted by: alrick888 ()
Date: October 20, 2009 04:06AM

Have some very limited (and somewhat dated) experience with this group. When I was in University (in the Netherlands) they were offering "yoga and meditation" classes in the univeristy building. It was one bearded monk-like guy dressed in Indian robes with a guitar and we did some simple yoga exercises and singing. I remember singing "baba nam kevalam" for a very long time and going into a very pleasant trance (this practice is called 'kiirtan'). The monk also gave some basic teachings on yogic living including food practices. He ate mainly sesame seed pate and recommended it. He also talked about orphanages they were running in Romania. Spiritually it seemed quite 'clean', no undue manipulation or fishing for followers or cash. The classes were free. This was about 15 years ago.

Years later, doing a internet search on them, I found out they were suspected of being involved in arms and drugs smuggling in South-East Asia. It then seemed like a very shady organization. There were also lively discussions on them on another forum where a lot of quite fanatical group members participated.

On the mantra BABA NAM KEVALAM, it basically means: 'Everything is an expression of one infinite, loving Consciousness'.

Baba means "my most beloved One," Nam means "name of" or "to identify with," and Kevalam means "only." So the meaning of the mantra is "My most Beloved is the only One." The ideation is: "Everywhere I look, in everything I hear, feel, see, taste and smell, I perceive that one Supreme Consciousness which pervades all things."

Babanamkevalam.net

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.