Television show "The Goode Family", on the ABC network
Posted by: GEB ()
Date: August 01, 2009 10:23PM

This television series portrays a modern family who is a part of the green/enviromental movement. Who are almost radical about shopping at their local organic grocery store,. When they are forced to shop at the local version of a "walmart" the wife has an intense physical reaction. Then when they are supposed to have a buisness dinner, they eventually make their way back into their original organic grocery store and are able to acheive some level of homeostasis. Durign the dinner the interaction with the guests was juvenile and vein, as when afterwards the wife says "didn't stop you" to a guest. They have a son who has apparently changed his name due to peer pressure from a new age group which is not at all addressed, and looked upon as normal and well adjusted.
For me this show was exactly what my experience living in Asheville, North Carolina is exactly like to a T. I feel like this show is a stark glimpse into modern america, and more detailed into the Green movement of America. And it is frightning. I can' beleive that this is considered mainstream.
It seems to be in our society today that no matter how many social topics are considered acceptable like Government mandated AIDS prevention programs which are accpetable, Obscene material distibuted over teh internet and is not protected from children acceptable, a television show called "16 and Pregnent" which is real life series of pregnent teens who are not ready to become parents acceptable and popular, talk about cults-Stop the Presses- Complete social stigmitization.
Anyone else have any thoughts about this show and care to share them?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.