Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Benny Hinn
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: November 04, 2004 11:10AM

Watching a terrific doc on this conman evangelist Benny Hinn.
[www.cbc.ca]

There is a link to the Ross site on the bottom.
[www.cbc.ca]

Also, some links to a thesis on him.
[www.cbc.ca]

This doc exposes his blatant manipulations and schtick.
They use hidden cameras, and expose what is really going on with this guy.
They show the heartbreak of a poor young girl who cannot walk, and is turned away from the stage.
They turn away all truly sick people from the stage, and his hacks only bring on people who have no visible disease. These folks then go into a temporary type of mass hysteria, and then their symptoms return, or they die from cancer, etc.
They also bust him for lying in his books.

The guy is evil.
Thank goodness we still have folks making these excellent docs.

The next half of the doc is about the MONEY.
Should be great!

Coz

Options: ReplyQuote
Benny Hinn
Date: November 04, 2004 11:29AM

They estimate he is taking in $200 million a year TAX-FREE.
Because it is a "religion" he does not have to disclose where the money is going, or how much is coming in.
They came up with receipts that show him blowing 30-40 grand a day in Italy, with no business purpose related to his religion.
He paid lots of things in CASH.
He was giving family members huge amounts of CASH.

No wonder the top conmen in the world go into religion. There is no better legal racket.

Coz

Benny Hinn
Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: November 04, 2004 02:18PM

Benny Hinn preaches what is called the "prosperity gospel" which states that God wants all people to be healthy and wealthy. If you, for instance, have a physical disease or impairment and through your faith you asked to be healed and you are not, it means that your faith is either not sufficent enough or you have sin that is impeding God's miraculous grace from healing.

Again, this is similar to all the new age LGATs that put the responsibility back on the participant to purge oneself continually to be pure. This is an impossibility to continually make oneself 'pure", "worthy" or full of faith.

What Benny Hinn and his kind and all the LGATs and cults do is give people huge guilt trips making them think that they are not good enough or as Landmark tells its people on the first day of the Forum "You are not worthy".

When it comes down to it, we are all human and we all have to eat, drink, go and relieve ourselves and shower, (daily I hope... :) ). So, what right has anyone have to tell another - "you are not worthy"

The prosperity gospel with all its glitz and showmanship gives the rest of Christianity a bad name.

Oz

Benny Hinn
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: November 09, 2004 03:36PM

This just proves it!

I AM in the wrong profession! I want to spend 30-40 grand a day in Italy!

whine.. whine... whine.... :roll:

Benny Hinn
Posted by: Green ()
Date: January 08, 2005 05:32AM

With a salary like that, you'd think he's an oscar caliber actor.

Instead I'd find carrot top more convincing in his role.

There was a time when I stayed up late to watch TBN (what can I say the trailer park at the time didn't let us get cable). And I was just amazed how insincere and fake Benny was. The production value didn't win me over either. John Tesh's infomercial looked better. And he made what? like 100k?

Benny Hinn
Date: January 08, 2005 09:54AM

Well, John Tesh is not a cult leader, he just makes horrible music, which should be deemed illegal.

Even Benny Hinn makes better music than John Tesh.

Coz

Benny Hinn
Date: January 08, 2005 10:13AM

[www.cbc.ca]

BENNY HINN'S FINANCES
Under U.S. tax laws the Hinn Ministry is not legally obligated to makes its finances public because it is a religious organization.

Although most major American churches and ministries release financial information voluntarily there are no public records for how much the Hinn ministry makes or how that money is spent.

Benny Hinn insists that every penny is spent on God's work. But the fifth estate obtained confidential financial records from inside the Hinn ministry. These documents were provided by individuals who say they want the public to know how Benny Hinn spends the money entrusted to him.

The fifth estate asked Roddy Allan, a forensic accountant, to review the minstry's expense and travel records. He says, "I'm a mere bean counter, but it would be hard to persuade me that you had to incur that kind of expense in order to accomplish a business objective."

Here is a very small sampling of financial records from the summer of 2003. At that time Hinn had crusades in St. Petersburg, Russia and Stockholm, Sweden then departed for a four day whirlwind trip to Italy and London, billing it as a simple layover.

A hotel bill for room service and chauffeur services at the Lanesborough Hotel in London (see bill .pdf)
Tips given to staff at Lanesborough Hotel in London after a one day stay (see chit .pdf)
Tips given to the staff at the Savoia Hotel in Milan, Italy (see chit .pdf)
$5000US dollars cash given to Pastor Benny Hinn (PBH), no details for the reason (see chit .pdf)
A gift from Benny Hinn to a 'homeless woman with a baby' of $20US (see chit .pdf)

Benny Hinn
Posted by: Carrie ()
Date: January 19, 2005 01:47AM

I have never felt so disgusted in my life as I did watching a video of Hinn dangling hope before those who are most desperate for it.

Yes, true that many are just gullible, and Hinn does not force money from anyone, but I truly hope that there is a special place in hell for scum like him.

Watching hundreds look to him for healings from God brought tears to my eyes. Surely these people must know that an omnipotent, omnibenevolent, omniscient... God asks His believers for commitment, for faith and not for them to bury themselves in debt in order to fill the pockets of such men as Hinn. Does the Almighty require the (albeit manicured, diamond-clad) hands of a man to perform His work. It really is sickening. As one website said, "God is at the disposal of Hinn. And He does not mind being made a spectacle of in the process" (not a direct quote)

And what was that rubbish about women being originally deigned to give birth from their sides???

Perhaps all that we can do is pray that Hinn, and his followers, see the error of his ways.

Benny Hinn
Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: January 19, 2005 08:00AM

Sometimes I feel that the powers-that-be in any country use the religious -side of things to keep the "herd" in control..

"G bless the usa, Allah, etc... more motions to keep us apart & non-alert as to what is really going on...

PAX

Benny Hinn
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 19, 2005 08:44PM

Ultaware:

The topic on this thread is really Benny Hinn and not politics.

Please try to keep this in mind.

I have deleted the links you posted regarding politics.

This is not a political Web site (Democrat, Republican, etc.).

The Ross Institute, which includes this Forum, is an educational nonprofit and not political.

Let's try to stay closer to the topics and threads as listed.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.