Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Benny Hinn
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 11, 2006 09:54PM

digs124:

Benny Hinn has been repeatedly exposed by the media on national television and through the press for years.

Again see [www.culteducation.com]

Nothing new here at the message board.

He uses money from a nonprofit charity that is tax-exempted to pay for his luxuries including a multi-million dollar "parsonage" mansion recently built in Calironia with an underground garage for his expensive cars, he likes BMWs.

Hinn would be a joke if it wasn't for all the people he takes advantage of and exploits financially.

The Benny Hinn ministry has never proven a single healing objectively through medical evidence.

Hinn is an embarrassment to many Christians and an example of what can go wrong through televangelism.

There is nothing in the bible that prohibits holding leaders or evangelists accountable for their behavior.

Jesus warned about false preachers and Paul admonished bad leaders in Galatians.

Evangelists, elders and deacons are accountable to others according to the New Testament.

Options: ReplyQuote
Benny Hinn
Posted by: max29 ()
Date: November 11, 2006 10:17PM

please don't say that God wants us to be rich, you are obviously treating the bible like a buffet, and just picking and choosing what you want to eat. You are right in the OT there are many examples of prosperity, but if you continue to read on about King Solomon you will come to realize that money is not everything. That what is really important is your relationship with God, ergo meaningless, meaningless. To stay on point, the ones who are preaching the gospel, as Mr. Hinn is, in the NT are not rich, they are not kings and they are not treated as ambassadors. They are poor, they work for their money to eat and drink, they do not need anything more or extravagant, they are told not to store anything or take anything more than they can carry. They are told to be humble, and they are humble, the image of Jesus Christ that was revealed again and again by the disciples was that of humility, and sharing what they had in common. And another thing, that you said, God gives greatly to the ones he loves, what about Jesus, A. John, A. Paul, A. Peter (and all the disciples) did God not love them, where they not doing the will of God???

The next point it seems you are trying to make is that anyone who is questioning is judging is that correct? Is that what you are saying? There is a clear different, Christ told us to watch for false prophets, and to distinguish the plant by their fruits. Now having distinguished through the reality of how he lives his life and his ministry, if it seems false it is not judging to be weary and warn off others. And the verse you are using is inappropriate I believe, it seems to be used out of context, Jesus said this to the Pharisees and Sadducees who were actually condemning and judging the "common person" who was not educated in the Law (OT book of Moses and other teaching), who were by the way getting rich of the congregation, and very much interested in their image, and position. Sounds to me like many of the "leading" pastors of today, anyway my point is that this passage you are using seems to not fit the situation. The person who preaches the word of God, you see, must be more pious and prudent, must not be arrogant about possession, position, or materials. And when they are they are surely scorned more, is it not that Jesus rebuked these Pharisees and Sadducees more; this is the context of Mathew 7: 1-5. As for what is going on in this discussion, I am not interested in position, power, materials, or any other things, there is a clear difference between seeking the truth and covering it up with things.

And dear Brother, if you indeed have been healed praise God, I truly hope that it was the power of the Holy Spirit that healed you. But I wonder do you remember how Jesus rebuked the position and power seekers (Pharisees and Sadducees), though they have ears they do not hear, though they have eyes they do not see. Open your eyes.

Benny Hinn
Posted by: dlgs124 ()
Date: November 12, 2006 07:59AM

What ya'll say doesn't really matter to me as long as i have god on my side i am happy this is my last post because i don't like to just sit here in front of the comp like ya'll obviously do. the verse i put about judging was just to say that instead of spending most of your time on the computer wasting your time and doing nothing with your life why don't ya'll just go and preach god's word and do what god has called us to do and use your time wisely. god said do not put other god's before me. and that is exactly what ya'll are doing. idolizing the computer, internet and the constant want of talking bad about other people. and also if benny hinn were to be a con as ya'll are saying what does that matter to ya'll? doesn't god forgive us of our sins? didn't jesus say that whoever is free of sin to throw the first stone? and i doubt ya'll are free of sin because everybody is a sinner. we will never know the real truth until the day that we stand before god and only then will we know what is the truth. if benny hinn is a con then god will take care of him but if not and he is doing gods will then god will surely take care of ya'll and ya'll will sure repent and see that all along you were wrong.only god knows the truth. so just go and live your life according to gods will and quit wasting your time on here. god bless you and one day we will ALL see the TRUTH! bye bye!;)

Benny Hinn
Posted by: dlgs124 ()
Date: November 12, 2006 08:00AM

one last thing im a girl not a guy!hahaha :D

Benny Hinn
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 12, 2006 10:38PM

dlgs124:

You said:

if benny hinn is a con then god will take care of him...only god knows the truth. so just go and live your life according to gods will and quit wasting your time on here. god bless you and one day we will ALL see the TRUTH!

Agan, the bible provides people on earth the freedom and responsibility to hold others accountable for what they do and preach.

Benny Hinn is not only accountable to God. He is also accountable to anyone that donates money to his ministry, the IRS and the general public regarding his public behavior through his ministry.

Read Galatians and Acts.

Paul held leaders accountable and even an Apostle for wrong teachings.

Again, the community held deacons, elders and evangelists accountable for their behavior and what they taught.

The "truth" is that Benny Hinn has been exposed repeatedly for teaching what Christians have called "heresy" and for faking healings by national television networks.

Again, and again Hinn's finances have been examined for the way in which his ministry exploits tax exemption and uses charitable funds.

You seem willing to ignore this because Benny Hinn makes you feel good.

But others have been hurt by his bad behavor.

In a free country Benny Hinn has the right to preach, but others also have the right to respond to his preaching and criticize him.

It goes both ways.

Benny Hinn
Posted by: bernmutt ()
Date: November 13, 2006 08:17AM

DLGS said:
"to bernmutt, yeah in verse 21 it says, "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven" isn't the will of god to preach unto others his word. "

Yes, preaching is the will of God, if it's preaching the truth. You have been led astray by the false "prosperity gospel." These preachers are greedy, and validate it with Old Testament Scriptures. Jesus said to store treasure in heaven, not on earth. We are to be a blessing-- not greedy people asking God for luxury. We are to be salt and light to the world.

Benny Hinn
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 13, 2006 04:26PM

Listen to Benny Hinn places a CURSE against his critics, and claiming he has supernatural powers.
What is really scary is that huge amounts of people believe this con-artist's cheap theatrics.

[www.intotruth.org]
Hinn placing a curse on his opponents. 787kb

[www.intotruth.org]
"Under this anointing, everything I say, happens" 319kb

[www.intotruth.org]

Benny Hinn
Posted by: Joe K ()
Date: November 14, 2006 04:24AM

dlgs124
to [b:8fb2dfada8][u:8fb2dfada8]Joe K[/u:8fb2dfada8][/b:8fb2dfada8], obviously she wrote it to me. there are other ways than just speaking to communicate, just in case you didn't know that.

It wasn't obvious to me at all, because your words seem to reflect a bubble of denial, and I was wondering if the denial was internally consistent.

It's very a very difficult situation to have one's sense of reality challenged, see for example [skepdic.com] . That's one of the things people like Benny Hinn count on, once his recruitment of an individual has been accomplished.

Benny Hinn
Posted by: max29 ()
Date: November 18, 2006 05:11AM

HI dlgs124,

sorry about that dlgs124, no offense in calling you are brother. I do hope that you are still viewing this site so that I can adress you. Sister, I do not mean harm to you for your views, it is your freedom to believe what you want to. I only hope that you will read the entire bible and try to understand the context with in which it was written and the heart and sorrow of God. This is what I am trying to do as well, btw. Can you imagine how it feels to try to show people what you are trying to say with out forcing them, trying to help them understand things on their own level, but with a heart that they really need to understand. This is what I think of our Lord, He had/ and still has so many things he wants us to understand about the world/ our creator/ and each other but we see things unclearly. there is no reason to accuse anyone on this site of not doing anything with their lives but to judge others. I can speak for myself, I use this site to help me to understand what people are doing in the name of God. I have many things in my personal life that I am very active in, and my dream is to see peace for all people, and less division then unity for man kind.

thanks
Max

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.