Hwarangdo cultish?
Posted by: Keir ()
Date: June 18, 2009 11:10AM

I beginning to believe some of the comments made against HWRD.

Warning to Aspiring black Belts of Hwarnagdo By Bob Duggan
[www.hwarang.org]

A personal account by an ex student Bob Duggan
[www.hwarang.org]

Indentured Servant Contracts with Hwarangdo (read the criticism section)
[www.hwarang.org]

[www.hwarang.org]

"For those who arnt aware f this from what I understand in HWRD theres a policy that says you are not permitted to study any other art other than HWRD. I personally think thats a whole lot of nonsense and is meant for them to have control over you. At the same time they have this so called "tribunal" where they can remove your rank for whatever their reason is. Theres obviously something wrong with this whole scenario."
source: [www.bullshido.net]
post#20

"Let's see, challenging questions deleted from their forum. A strict, "our martial art only" system.

Sounds like a cult to me
. "
[www.bullshido.net]
post#33

"From my understanding M. de Alba had a 6th degree.

What the HWRD group so called "judicial committee" do is after they expell you then if they cant erased were ever a member they would instead try to demote your rank as much as possible instead. All of this is a form of black mail and entrapment. It seems cultish alright
."
[www.bullshido.net]
post#35

Financial moltives?
[www.bullshido.net]
read post#43

I dont recollect many martial art schools/organization to set up their own "judicial committe" like if they are acting as a government on thier own. Not to mention their policy of preventing their students from training in other styles of martial arts. I what others do in their own private life outside of HWRD is really their business. IMO its a way to keep HWRD students ignorant and in control by the organization. IMO HWRD's "judicial committe" not only acts like a government of their own but as an instrument of intimidation like the Spanish Inquisition to keep students in line.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.