Be careful what you ask for
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: December 16, 2002 11:15PM

So, as we all know now, Chabad has this Moshiach campaign. And they want to bring the Messiah, rebuild the temple in Jerusalem and start sacrificing animals again. How they'll get clearance for the building permit, I can't figure out and the Arabs would have to be convinced not to start WWIII over it.
You know, they should be careful because they might get what they want. Isn't the journey the ikkur (thing) and not the destination? Let's say they elect a Messiah after all these long years. (I don't believe they will or can but for argument's sake...).
Next they rebuild the temple, start the sacrifices etc.
Now what? How is everyone going to earn a living? A few years ago, immigrants to Israel were living in tents on the street because there was no housing for them. Do you know how many people move to Israel with great dreams and it turns out pretty bad. Drs. went to Israel and wound up becoming well, they couldn't find jobs as doctors.
I think if all of this were to happen, the result would be a resounding thud of silence from the rest of the world. Obviously, this is in the realm of mythology. I think it's like waiting for a certain founder of a religion to return after they said "maranatha" 2 thousand years ago.

Options: ReplyQuote
Be careful what you ask for
Posted by: Lakefield ()
Date: August 29, 2004 03:40PM

WEll people just like to do these things so it seems like they're doing something worth doing.

I doubt they'll ever be able to "Name" a Messiah. Only God can do that.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.