Falun Gong (Falun Dafa)?
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: April 10, 2009 12:30PM

This is a thread for Falun Gong (Falun Dafa) supporters to express themselves and to debate their critics.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Falun Gong (Falun Dafa)?
Date: April 10, 2009 12:33PM

I have started this in response to an active Falun Dafa member defending the supernatural/mystical nature of Falun Gong. (See "Former cult member and affected families thread). Please be as respectful of any current Falun Gong (Falun Dafa) members posting here as they are with you....

Date: April 18, 2009 11:04AM

I have had recent interest in Falun Gong and have read up to chapter 3 of Hongzhi's basic book... that's where I stopped. There is an amazing similarity between Hongzhi's incredible claims and those of Hubbard, the creator of the delusional enterprise of Scientology (of which I will not even honour their lies by using their preferred "Church of..." misrepresentation).

I think everyone should be advised to severely question any new age living god's promises... you will all invariably find these promises to be nothing but lies and untruths, spun by maniacal messiahs, capable of destroying you and your life and family and possessions.

Date: April 19, 2009 08:36AM

TheUndeniableMaster,

I agree that the more I learn of Falun Dafa, the more I see it as a 'new' religion with touches of the sci-fi religions. I thought it was a buddhist-based faith but the fact of aliens and 'magic' sort of puts it in a place all of its own. I don't think it is fair to necessarily compare it to Scientology which is more of a tax-dodge religion (IMHO) than a true 'faith'.

Date: April 19, 2009 09:46PM

$cientology is in mho about as bad as it gets. I am simply saying that I see Hubbard all over Hongzhi's writings. What Hongzhi's take is or what his plans are for supposedly saving the entire universe (just like Hubbard claimed) is yet to be seen.

One question I had regarding Hongzhi is: WHERE is he getting all of his money from? Must cost a lot to fly all over the world and have houses here and there, etc. etc. etc.

My learned-the-hard-way rule of thumb is that ANYONE who claims to be The Messiah (Mettreya, Saviour, Living Buddha god, etc. etc.) and who promises to make me a god and give me the powers of a god is the creepiest of creepy con-artists / scammers / etc. - spiritually ugly amd horrible individuals who cannot escape their own karma for swindling the people that they do. Look up Hubbard’s death certificate! I hope Hubbard enjoyed his short stay here and the $350 million he amassed and had to leave behind.

I would and do advise anyone caught up in these scams with these swindlers to keep on looking for their own spiritual connection... don't give up; just know who can help guide you in your search and who just wants to rob and enslave you.

Posted by: Oerlikon ()
Date: April 25, 2009 04:17AM

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/5213629/Falun-Gong-growing-in-China-despite-10-year-ban.html

Posted by: Freedomtochoose ()
Date: November 26, 2009 12:54PM

Hi, I am an American female who was in Falun Gong for three years. Eversince I left, six years ago, I have been in a deep depression. I have been looking a lot at Falun Gong and Li Hongzhi and if you compare him and the group to many different definitions of cults, they hit the mark everytime. Li says that every human being has to think Falun Gong is good or they will be eliminated at the end of the world, which he says will happen at any moment. This fear among many other threats kept me in Falun Gong a lot longer that I ever would have wanted too in my heart. In addition, while I was in the group I was living abroad and was rapped, by a non-practitioner. One of the leaders of the area, who I depended on said that she did not feel as if my experience was rape and that I did not need to report it. This has been awful for me. I still have not healed from this repressed event. Anyway, I would say according to my research Falun Gong is a mind control group that psychologically abuses it practitioners and even if Li ends up being God, he still is a God that is hurting a lot of people.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.