Current Page: 46 of 84
Cryonics British Columbia Canada, illegal to sell cryonics.
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: September 15, 2010 05:12AM

British Columbia Canada did the right thing with the sales scam of so-called cryonics. They see it for what it is, a swindle.

So no matter what they call the storage of the corpse, its ILLEGAL to sell the "expectation of the resuscitation of human remains at a future time".
That applies to cryonics, or any other swindle someone can think of, including freeze-dried corpses, brain storage, or anything else.
This would be a good model to bring into law around the world, to stop this scam from spreading.
If more cryonics companies try to set up their scams in other areas, that would be a good example to send to the lawmakers to put a stop to it.

Prohibition on sales, and offers of sale, of arrangements relating to cryonics and irradiation

14 A person must not offer for sale, or sell, an arrangement for the preservation or storage of human remains that is based on

(a) cryonics,

(b) irradiation, or

(c) any other means of preservation or storage, by whatever name called,

and that is offered, or sold, on the expectation of the resuscitation of human remains at a future time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement or Ligit Science???
Posted by: richiekgb ()
Date: September 15, 2010 10:56PM

heres a link to the documents my group member on another forum recently signed: [www.cryonics.org]

They are with the Cryonics Institute - im not going to pretend for one minute i understand the legal stuff so i am going to get a pal who is a solicitor to read them.

Date: September 16, 2010 11:22PM

I argued that British Columbia had outlawed cryonics and was told that they hadn't and that I didnt understand the legal mumbo-jumbo - Glad to see i'm not crazy it is illegal - thanks for laymans terms!

Cryonics Event in UK a "No Brainer"

"
TO CRYONICISTS IN THE UK: Suspended Animation cannot get their luggage on a plane, even when they have overnight to prepare, much less transport your brain to the US, in a viable condition. SA will no longer name their staff members, or patient care providers, because most of the people known to have performed their procedures have little-to-no medical, or scientific, training. If you believe in the kind of technology that will be needed to repair the damage they will inflict upon your brain, and the normal degradation your brain will undergo, (warm ischemia before they get to you, temperature variances while your brain travels on a commercial airliner to the US, etc.), then you believe in repairs so advanced you don't need SA's services. If you believe future nanotech will be able to repair that degree of damage, leave your life insurance and your estate to your loved ones, and have your head and/or body sealed in some sort of container. Your chances of future nanobots being able to put you back together again, will probably be the same as they will be, if you are transported to the US to be cryogenically preserved, but at a much lower cost. If there was a probability less than zero, that is what I would assign to the odds of a person from the UK being transported to the US, being "resurrected," after receiving services from US cryonics companies, such as Suspended Animation. (Intentionally using a word with religious/cultish connotations.)

While the US cryo-companies are in the UK, they are going to try to sign you up for a life insurance policy, with their companies as the beneficiaries. They may even try to get you to fork over an irrevocable trust, or to remember them in your will. If you are smart, you will take whatever you might have spent on such an insurance policy and spend it on a good health club, nutritional food, (not supplements, which are mostly unproven), and living the one life you can be sure of, to its fullest. Maybe, one of these days, reputable scientists and medical professionals will explore the possibilities of cryonics, but for now, cryonics looks more like a scam, than anything else."

From Melody Maxim website - more here:

[cryomedical.blogspot.com]

Re: Cryonics harassment of anyone who speaks out
Date: September 17, 2010 01:23AM

It looks like the recent expose website about cryonics has been taken offline?
Typical behavior with these groups, whenever information slips out, it is silenced.

Serious harassment of anyone who speaks out, is standard behavior in the cryonics business, as seen here. [forum.culteducation.com]
They also target their "enemies", and use whatever tactics they can to try and intimidate people, that is obvious, and they will use extreme methods to try and silence criticism. [forum.culteducation.com]

As well, there were the threats against the whistleblowers, smears against others who criticize their processes, and even use forms of blackmail.

Name one person who has spoken out about cryonics, who HASN'T been harassed?

Even worse, there have been the threats made by someone in cryonics, that if someone who is a "believer" in cryonics makes any criticism, they threaten to mutilate their brain and corpse, and give them a "bad suspension".

Cryonics, threatened to mutilate a human brain of a cryonics member [forum.culteducation.com]
[forum.culteducation.com]

QUOTE: "... this is what I heard from the group of 6--that when you are cryopreserved, they are going to kill a dog and cut out a big part of its brain, and cut out a big part of your brain and swap the two parts. They will they cryopreserve both you AND the dog.
THat way when you are revived, you will be part dog, and the dog will be part you."

Date: September 17, 2010 01:23AM

One can see that the cryonics website where that vicious threat appeared, has since removed the post, but it was there, as the title for the post says...

"...is+afraid+he+will+get+a+bad+cryopreservation+because+of+his+online+criticism"

[www.network54.com]
QUOTE: "... this is what I heard from the group of 6--that when you are cryopreserved, they are going to kill a dog and cut out a big part of its brain, and cut out a big part of your brain and swap the two parts. They will they cryopreserve both you AND the dog.
THat way when you are revived, you will be part dog, and the dog will be part you."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2010 01:32AM by The Anticult.

Date: September 17, 2010 01:39AM

So in fact, the cryonics companies literally have total control over any criticism made by active cryonics members, to prevent them from speaking out about issues. Because if a person says anything, they can threaten their "immortality" and have made vile threats already about mutilating their brains after death.

All of that is controlled by a tiny group of people in a couple small cryonics companies.
So the cryonics companies have believers in cryonics in a vice-grip, and they know it, and use it.

But thankfully, thanks to the internet, online criticism and analysis can leak out from many sources.

Posted by: captnims ()
Date: September 17, 2010 05:30AM

The latest:

Click on “Scam 5 – The Young Cryonicists – Shills, Claque’s and Brainwashing”

[www.cryonicsfactsheet.co.uk]

Date: September 17, 2010 06:44AM

Looks like Melody Maxim like what we are doing too!

: [cryomedical.blogspot.com]

"TO CRYONICISTS IN THE UK: Suspended Animation cannot get their luggage on a plane, even when they have overnight to prepare, much less transport your brain to the US, in a viable condition. SA will no longer name their staff members, or patient care providers, because most of the people known to have performed their procedures have little-to-no medical, or scientific, training. If you believe in the kind of technology that will be needed to repair the damage they will inflict upon your brain, and the normal degradation your brain will undergo, (warm ischemia before they get to you, temperature variances while your brain travels on a commercial airliner to the US, etc.), then you believe in repairs so advanced you don't need SA's services. If you believe future nanotech will be able to repair that degree of damage, leave your life insurance and your estate to your loved ones, and have your head and/or body sealed in some sort of container. Your chances of future nanobots being able to put you back together again, will probably be the same as they will be, if you are transported to the US to be cryogenically preserved, but at a much lower cost. If there was a probability less than zero, that is what I would assign to the odds of a person from the UK being transported to the US, being "resurrected," after receiving services from US cryonics companies, such as Suspended Animation. (Intentionally using a word with religious/cultish connotations.)

While the US cryo-companies are in the UK, they are going to try to sign you up for a life insurance policy, with their companies as the beneficiaries. They may even try to get you to fork over an irrevocable trust, or to remember them in your will. If you are smart, you will take whatever you might have spent on such an insurance policy and spend it on a good health club, nutritional food, (not supplements, which are mostly unproven), and living the one life you can be sure of, to its fullest. Maybe, one of these days, reputable scientists and medical professionals will explore the possibilities of cryonics, but for now, cryonics looks more like a scam, than anything else."

I can't Be as Nasty as it is assumed - I was called a Sociapath the other day for "speaking" out about cryonics - I had to look it up because i never been called that before and figured I was being compared to Myra Hindley - Whats wrong with "fXckpipe" - its a good word and I know I am a mouthy CXnt - :)

Its a shame those websites were taken down, those cryonics dudes really messed with that guys family and now they know they can do it again and they won't be exposed - That is using Fear as a weapon and thats what I would call Sociapathic, possibly even terrorism. Got a feeling some archive or cache server would probably still have a copy somewhere and it will be only a matter of time before they resurface, anyone got a Venation or caching server and visited that webpage in the last 4 days probably still has it - sadly I don't work in a office and I didnt think to cache them myself - Anyone here who does?

Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement
Date: September 17, 2010 09:19AM

Any of the random people who visited those censored websites would have the webpages stored in their computers "offline cache".
If they browse back to the website while offline, the old text would be there for most people. So a person could go offline, and then browse back in their browsers history to have a look.
So the relevant text will possibly pop-up somewhere at some point.

Basically every sect tries to suppress information about their sect, and it always comes out.
Its happened countless times from information leaked on these and other forums, after the information is leaked, the sect censors it.

On top of this, all the cryonics companies force their now "secret staff members" to sign brutal gag-orders when they get hired, to try and stop anyone from ever speaking out about anything.
The cryonics business is literally a nightmare at this point. Its a financial swindle, and they are trying to go mainstream with more advanced sales techniques.

Cryonics is BANNED and illegal to sell in BC Canada
Date: September 17, 2010 09:33AM

The cryonics spin-doctors have tried to mislead the public about the law against selling/offering cryonics in BC Canada.
It is prohibited and ILLEGAL, its there in black and white.

The cryonics salespeople try to mislead the public, with the stuff about irradiation.
But part (C) generalizes the law to ANY TYPE OF STORAGE with the promise of "resuscitation of human remains at a future time", no matter what you call it, including freeze-dried, mummification, or anything else.

That means selling cryonics is illegal in BC Canada.
It also appears to be illegal if cryonics is even "offered, or sold,". Offered implies even without charge.

So its certainly illegal to charge people with fake promises of cryonic resuscitation. Obviously the authorities see that its an ILLEGAL SCAM and swindle.
And the text indicates its also illegal to "offer" cryonics, even without payment. An expert could clarify that. But that makes sense, as they could say they are giving it "for free" and just charge for something else, to get around the law.
Bottom line, cryonics is BANNED in BC Canada.

The absolute propaganda and bullshit from the cryonics spin-doctors on this issue, shows how tricky and manipulative they are in their marketing and persuasion techniques.

But that law from Canada, could be used in other areas of the world, to stop this cryonics financial swindle from spreading to other countries.

Prohibition on sales, and offers of sale, of arrangements relating to cryonics and irradiation

14 A person must not offer for sale, or sell, an arrangement for the preservation or storage of human remains that is based on

(a) cryonics,

(b) irradiation, or

(c) any other means of preservation or storage, by whatever name called,

and that is offered, or sold, on the expectation of the resuscitation of human remains at a future time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2010 09:36AM by The Anticult.

Current Page: 46 of 84

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.