Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Alex Horn today (Sharon Gans, Robert Klein)
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 03, 2010 06:45AM

wasthere222:

Is Mosishe3rd replying to you through private messaging, but not openly on the board?

If so that's pretty specious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wasthere222 ()
Date: June 03, 2010 10:49AM

Yes, and I won't reply to him again.

Date: June 03, 2010 08:16PM

wasthere222:

When someone responds in that way through private messaging and not openly on the board it's suspect, in my opinion.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 15, 2010 04:49AM

Posted by: cochineal ()
Date: March 13, 2012 06:44AM

I am wondering if anyone has any information on Alex Horn's "private" groups? I know that he had at least two groups of students that were separate from the "main school" that Sharon was running. I also believe Sharon had/has some "private" groups of her own that were not part of the main groups. By main groups, I mean the groups that met on Broadway between Franklin and Leonard, Taylor-Hodson (133 West 19th Street), 119 West 25th Street and now on 38th Street.

Re: Alex Horn today
Posted by: DrDerekLamar ()
Date: October 01, 2012 04:49PM

To the group:

I sent a message to Marie27 (in response to Mosishe3rd) a private message but it wasn't to exclude this group... I will post it here. I find this thread interesting because of my own "Teaching" and "Studies", etc. as well as a book I am writing.

It goes as follows: I realize that the discussion you were involved in took place in 2005 and now, of course, it is 2012... however... just in case you are still there... I am a Fourth Way Teacher and also periodically work on a book about my own Teacher, a Fourth Way Teacher, and there is much about him and the group which somewhat reflects what you have discussed here with the others.

Control has a lot to do with it. My own understanding is that one must respect where the "student" has come from and what they are going through and any personal unfinished "Work" should not be put onto the student / client. Once a "Teacher" starts trying to arrange and control the lives of the students the Teacher has stopped Teaching. A "Real" Teacher is one who reaches Higher into that spiritual realm of which "Baraka" is used and it is somewhat like what is talked about when people use the term "Holy Spirit" but perhaps deeper and based on more esoteric information as it relates to Consciousness and not religion teachings or studies.

My Teacher's name was "Kenneth Walker" but not the famous one. He went by several names and his last "role" he used the name "Thane" or "Thane Walker" and said to have been a student of Gurdjieff. And though it was clear he "studied" Gurdjieff and the Fourth Way I do not believe that he was ever at Fontainbleu based on where my research has brought me. However I learned much from his Teachings and as it applies to Gurdjieff and Fourth Way studies I would enjoy have an exchange of ideas with you on this subject of Alex Horn and the Fourth Way philosophy. I also have a friend who studied under Alex Horn and that was back in the 1970's at some time.

In our conversations however, nothing that I hear him talk about sounds like my understanding of Gurdjieff or The Fourth Way.

I also, with my wife, went to some Reshad Feild classes in Santa Monica, CA (group), and also I have associates / friends connected to J. G. Bennett specifically a Turkish / French Sufi writer who was in Michigan in the early 50's with J. G. Bennett, Hasan Shushud and has spent much of his life translating Rumi and has put out several books.

For myself I teach Metaphysics, Ontology, Fourth Way Instruction, Quantum Metaphysics, Psychology, etc. and find that there is an understanding with all of these traditions that meet at the Crossroads of the Cosmic streams of Mind and that in itself rules in and rules out things which do not agree with, as I might say, the axioms. Or Teachings which are Universal. These include things such as Infinity, Out and Back, Principle, etc. I have worked through the Teachings of Gurdjieff and have no disagreements with his Teachings or their implications. However I am shocked at what the various Fourth Way groups sometimes come up with. More often than not they are very "intellectual" in nature, often leaning way to much toward a masculine state of consciousness, misunderstanding the need for Teachers and how often the leaders of these groups do not become tyrants because there is a need for overbearing leadership, but rather attract certain personalities that are dictators and insecure and do not control themselves but desperately need to control others to cover up their own personal growth failures.

[Moderator note: Posting contact information is against the rules you agreed to at this message board]

Sincerely, Derek Lamar

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2012 10:21PM by rrmoderator.

Date: October 01, 2012 10:25PM

Let's not go off topic discussing philosophical beliefs.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Here are some basic warning signs of a potentially unsafe group.

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

This page offers a working definition of a destructive cult and describes the typical dynamics of such a group.

Posted by: DrDerekLamar ()
Date: October 03, 2012 06:29AM

I thought I was on topic regarding "cult" groups and "cult behavior" etc.
I was merely giving a background so people would understand I have had years of experience working on this and dealing with these issues. However since there doesn't seem to be any current discussions going on that would appear mute anyway.
Thank you for the opportunity to share nonetheless.

Sincerely, Derek Lamar

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 03, 2012 07:42AM

Welcome to the board. Just to be clear..

[forum.culteducation.com]

This is a public forum. Anything posted becomes readily accessible to the general public through the Internet. By this agreement you grant a perpetual, irrevocable and royalty-free non-exclusive license to the owners of this board to publish your comments/submssions on it.

You may remain anonymous, but if you wish to remain anonymous don't post identifying details on the board.

Please note the general topic headings listed at the main page of this forum and the related subheadings of each thread. Posting random statements about unrelated subjects is not appreciated.

This forum is not a place for advertising or business promotions. Helpful relevant links posted are appreciated, but please don't post links for the purpose of promotion.

Ditto for the Private Message (PM function)

Old timer

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.