Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Information on 3HO Cult and other “True Guru” Cults.
Posted by: Sunny1 ()
Date: October 27, 2008 08:39AM

Important Information on 3HO Cult and other “True Guru” Cults.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dear Sir or Madame/ Friend,

Over the past months I have tried to post my logical, practical, non-hateful, non-offensive opinion on the way 3ho Sikhs are confusing our youth and how their teachings deviate from Sikhism.. My goal was to modestly inform the Sikh youth and public through the internet about how our youth are being greatly confused and taken away from their families. Through meeting people, listening to television shows, radio broadcasts, reading a wide range of information, using 3ho services, listening from their prayer tracks, purchasing their CDs, seeing information and learning their form of Sikhism and seeing regular Sikh I have definitely learned something. Our religion is going through one of the greatest changes any religion has ever experienced. Instead of moving forward we are moving into a mystic, counterproductive experience of Sikhism. I first thought that only a few Sikhs would be affected by this misinformation. However I have found that thousands of Sikhs and Sikh children are becoming confused in some way to some degree.

I have posted on websites like www.sikhnet.com, www.sikhsangat.com and I have not been allowed on these websites to post because I simply stated my view. Also I would like to inform you that the most popular website for Sikhs, www.sikhnet.com, is based at Espanola, New Mexico and always supports a 3HO Sikh agenda. On the webmaster’s blog www.mrsikhnet.com he even tried to tell the Sikh public that we are forgetting that Yoga was once part of our religion. Because his blog is so popular I posted my opinion only to find it deleted and I was permanently banned from the website. Their efforts are becoming successful and many mainstream Sikhs are falling into their net.

In the book titled “Sikh Identity” by Opinderjit Kaur the author explains how the 3HO lifestyle deviates from the Sikh teachings. Also she explains that the Sikh head SGPC president Tohra stated in a news report that Yogi Bhajan was never given the title of Sri Singh Sahib, the Sikh leader of the Western hemisphere. He also stated that there is no such title as the Sikh leader of the Western hemisphere. There are many teachings from 3HO which deviate from the Sikh way of life. First, Yoga is made compulsory, and the quest for enlightenment is encouraged. 3HO even teaches in books like “Yoga for Business Success” by Darshan Singh Khalsa that one can obtain spiritual powers from doing Kundalini Yoga. In the Sikh scripture is states “Inhaling, exhaling and holding the breath by the force of the mind – by empty hypocritical practices, Dharmic love for the Lord is not produced. Only through Word of the Guru’s Shabad is the sublime, supreme, essence obtained.” (Page 1043 of Guru Granth). Infact there are many quotes which support this argument. This organization is like many others which often use the Sikh holy book to encourage doing Yoga, or Meditation to attain enlightenment. In this case, enlightenment means continuously seeing and hearing inner light and sound. This is obviously not possible to any degree, and though meditation can give peace and alertness is cannot make you see continuous white or yellow light as these groups claim. Specifically Sant Mat which was once infamously known in the Punjab (area where Sikhs live in India) as the Rhadasoami group has claimed that they can show people inner light and they have confused many people and may have even ruined lives. For information on this cult go to (www.knowthyselfassoul.org) and www.ruhanisatsangusa.org.

Other practices of 3HO are also notable. In the Yogi Bhajan lecture archive on www.sikhnet.com Mr. Bhajan would encourage people to give offerings like Pizzas to Guru Ram Das. Many 3HO members admit that they worship Guru Ram Das by giving him objects and this has never been a form of worship in Sikhism. Sikhs have only worshipped God. Also 3HO encourages people to become strict vegetarians in order to save “Karma”, and to wear only white in order to be holy. As long as there has been Sikhism Sikhs did not have to wear only white in order to follow their religion. In Sikhism the singing of religious hymns is suppose to be done using traditional instruments. 3HO members like Snatam Kaur (www.snatamkaur .com) and Guru Ganesha (http://www.a-healing.com/gugasi.html) say things like “I give my heart to you Guru Ram Das.” and consistently focus their music on this particular Guru. However there were 10 human Gurus who were all equal and one holy scripture which by title is considered a Guru as well. The holy scripture for the Sikhs the Guru Granth Sahib holds the title as the current Guru of the Sikhs as it holds the teachings from all ten of the Sikh Gurus.

Also 3HO has introduced new mantras which have never been part of Sikhism, or even Hinduism. When I ask many people from India whose Grandparent’s where Sikhs they have never even heard of these mantras. When Snatam Kaur does her worldwide tours she comes to Sikh Gurdwaras and instructs the audience to chant these mantras instead of chanting the normal Waheguru which is the only mantra that Sikhs chant.

I think that this information is important for people to know because many Sikhs and other people are being taken away from their families because of organization like these. Some people are learning about Sikhism and converting to “Sikhism” after being Kundalini Yoga teachers when Sikhism is not associated with Yoga is any way. So many innocent, Americans, Canadians, and Sikhs are becoming confused and following teachings which are not what they claim to be.
You can learn a lot about Sikh Dharma of the Western Hemisphere (the teachings which deviate from original Sikhism) from Google Books search for the book Identity of Sikhism, pages 158-177). Most of these pages are available online at Google Books. Also note that Power Broker magazine has counted Bhajan among 'New Mexico's Top 100' influential business people. An excerpt of the article is available on page 160. Also in a lecture on www.mrsikhnet.com’s audio archive by Mr. Bhajan he explains specific details of the tenth Sikh Guru. The real details which he describe are actually unknown and cannot be confirmed. Yet “Yogi” Bhajan described the Guru’s height, diet, and stated that he could spin a sword around so fast that no arrow could hit him. This is actually true and can be found in the audio archive on www.mrsikhnet.com
In conclusion, 3HO is confusing our youth and altering our religion. From this website I have become educated on the true facts of Yogi Bhajan which I wish many Sikhs knew. He told a women from his yoga class (http://www.culteducation.com/reference/3ho/3ho83.html) “In fact, the sex was never presented or regarded as a part of any religion or religious experience. It was only later, when I asked him to reconcile his role as a professed, celibate religious leader with the fact he was having sex with more than one woman, that he put a religious gloss on the sex. He said he was actually living three lives in one, and that I was his spiritual wife in one of the lives..” Many Sikhs have believed Yogi Bhajan to ba a Siri Singh Sahib of their religion. This is the like one rank below the Head of the religion the Jathedar. To help one further understand this rank may be seen as the equivalent of a Archbishop in Christianity who is seen as below the Pope. When I learnt of this scandal I became really shocked and upset. I felt this way because Mr. Bhajan claimed to have such a high rank in our religion and so many people believed in. When in reality he had taken part in scandals which would have never allowed him to receive this religious title in reality. The title “Sri Singh Sahib” is a real religious title which some have earned authentically for example Prof. Darshan Singh.

Also I strongly feel that though Yogi Bhajan has died the 3HO cult is still active and affecting Americans, Canadians and Sikhs throughout the world. One can practice their beliefs but they should have their own distinctive name. This way people would not be confused as they are currently still claiming Bhajan’s teachings that they are following are the original form of Sikhism though they do not comply with the original Sikhism.

Thanks and Sincerely,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2020 07:56AM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Important Information on 3HO Cult and other “True Guru” Cults.
Posted by: Sunny1 ()
Date: November 01, 2008 04:05AM

Important Information on 3HO Cult and other “True Guru” Cults.

Anyone who has any opinions on this topic or any experience with this group is welcomed to comment. So that more people can learn about this issue.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 15, 2008 11:18PM

I will add this to Sunny's contributions:

I have lived in an area with many Punjabi Sikhs and and also have seen 3HO members.

As an observer, long before I learned anything about 3HO I noticed a distinct difference between the two groups:

At no time did I see adult Sikh women wearing turbans. By contrast, the 3HO ladies wear a peculiar cylindrical turban--Ive even seen one member of the community wearing hers whilst jogging.

Once, I was at a clothing store run by an American born woman who had converted to Sikhism. She wore ordinary street clothes, no turban.

That was the first thing that got my attention--the difference in head covering between Sikh women and 3HO women.

If Punjabi Sikh women choose to dress as they do in India, they will wear the Shalwar Kameez tunic and pantsuit in their own choice of color.

If a social or religious occasion requires covering their heads, Sikh women will use a dupattta (scarf) or shawl if entering a Gurdwara. But--as far as I have seen, Sikh women do not wear turbans. They are free to keep their heads uncovered most of the time. By contrast, I have never seen 3HO ladies without their tall and tightly wrapped cylindrical turbans.

The Punjabi Sikhs I have met are free to eat meat and chicken and fish. Vegetarianism is not required by their belief system. If a Sikh is on a veg diet, it is probably an individual decision.

The Sikh men I have seen and met do wear turbans or head coverings--and these are in a wide variety of colors. The choice of turban color is often tastefully harmonized with a man's business suit or casual professional attire.

There is a 3HO community our area and both the men and women wear turbans.

As noted above, the 3HO ladies' turbans are about a foot tall and cylindrical. They do not in any way resemble the rounded Sikh turbans worn by the men.

Finally, a minor point, the Punjabi Sikh men wear their turbans folded with greater skill and precision than the 3HO men I have seen.

In 3HO the ladies turbans always seem to be white. The men do have some choice of turban color but always seem to select pale shades, most commonly a delicate baby blue. The Punjabi Sikhs select more robust colors for their turbans--dark blue, a deep mustard yellow, a rich brick red. (dark to navy blue is usually selected as it is a good choice when combined with a business suit).

The 3HO men wear turbans that, at a superficial glance, resemble Punjabi Sikh turbans--rounded, with many pleats and with the tail tucked under the back.

However, the 3HO gents I have seen do not wrap their turbans with the same skill as the Punjabi Sikhs. The folds are a bit scruffy and slightly out of place.

The pleats on the Punjabi Sikhs' turbans are so precisely placed that they seem measured off with a ruler--the Sikh turban is wrapped with military precision.

The beards of the 3HO men are as long but not as elegantly combed and dressed as those of the Punjabi Sikhs.

Perhaps that little problem comes about because American born males who are blonde may have difficulty achieving a more visible and stronger looking beard than someone who is black haired or a brunette.

But it may also be that living on a 3HO mandated vegetarian diet may not give a man enough protein, impedes his vitality and hinders the growth of his beard.

Chronic submissiveness to an authoritarian leader may also induce stress and impede health and compromise vitality enough to weaken beard growth.

Perhaps a Punjabi Sikh who is not under the thumb of a tyrant and is free to eat meat will do far better physically and it may well show in the quality and vigor of his beard--and morale.

Finally, here is a description of the true Punjabi Sikh liturgy, described by a non Indian who lived with Sikhs in a German POW camp--over 60 years ago:

'Sikh' means 'initiated' or 'learned' and this refers to initiation into their religion, which was founded in the fifteenth century at a time when Mohammedan Mughul rule threatened wipe out Hinduism in Northern India altogether. The founder of the Sikh religion was Guru Nanak, a simple, pious man and a true mystic, though no scholar or scholastic. He preached a simple..monotheistic religion which took its style from Hinduism..Guru Nanak was followed by a line of nine other Gurus, the last of whom was Govind Singh, an outstanding aristocratic personality of considerable scholarly ability.

'The ritual of the Sikhs is simple and very impressive. As in ordinary Hindu ritual, the kirtan or litany, plays a great role. Instead of an effigy or idol, the Granth Guru Sahib, the Holy Book of the Sikhs, lies open on the altar, under a canopy. The officiating priest makes passes over the open book with a fan, a service normally administered to kings and princes...

'The language of the kirtan is Punjabi and the verses are taken from the Guru Granth Sahib, which is a record of the words and poems of the Guru, together with those of various other holy men who travelled throughout medieval India..

'The two great Sikh religious celebrations are the birthday of the first and last Gurus. It was at the celebration of the birthday of Guru Nanak that I was first carried away by the impressiveness of the Sikh ritual. We watched for 2 nights in succession, the litany was chanted, and pious sermons were delivered.

This observer, notes:

'Generally speaking, a wise or holy man is very distinguishable both among the Sikhs and also amongst less scholastically affected Hindus. He is a man who performs his religous observances daily, reciting certain verses from the Guru Granth Sahib, and meditating on them--and who, in addition, does his every day duties conscientiously. The Sikh religion is soldierly, and its idea is the sant-sipahi--the soldier saint.

'In this respect, Jnani Rifleman Sohan Singh was a very suitable candidate. He delivered three speeches (this may refer to Guru Nanak's birth day ritual) each time with exactly the same content, every sermon in the Gurdwara begins with the greeting:

'Vahi Guru Khalsa, Sri Vahiguru di fateh (Pure community, observe the guru! May he be victorious!)

(from Agehananda Bharati, The Ochre Robe, pages 62 to 64, very slight omissions made to exclude references to non Sikh subject matter.

It should be noted that Bharati, born Austrian, did not become a Sikh. He later joined a Hindu religious order where yoga was relevant. It is significant that he says not one word about yoga being part of Sikh practice and he spent 3 years in Germany with Indian POWs and, as noted was especially close to the Sikhs. He was already trying to practice meditation, and if any Sikh had known yoga and referred to yoga, Bharati would have had something to say about it. He was interested in nondual advaita enlightenment and for that reason, when free to choose, he opted for Hindu Advaita Vedanta and joined one of Shankaras religious orders--a totally different path from the Punjabi Sikh practices he had already experienced in Germany)

Final note: Agehananda Bharati was born in Austria and during World War II had to do Army service with the Nazis. He did escape having to join Hitler Youth and the Indian Brigade he was assigned to avoided combat and was no where near concentration camps. Bharati was ardently anti fascist and anti Nazi for the rest of his life, and nothing horrified him more than discovering how many Hindus thought Hitler was an avatar--a fallacy he sought to contest whenver he could.)

Here is an article that deals with the subject of inner visions-written by a man who studied Shabd/non Sikh yoga)

[www.ex-premie.org]

Here is a blog written by persons who were in 3HO as children.

[www.indiakids.blogspot.com]

Finally, it is possible to purchase four of the Five Kakkars online these days.

But as seen above, it takes very much more than that to be a Sikh.

And in the centuries when the Sikhs were literally fighting for their lives against the Moguls, they had to adapt their clothing and customs to support their vigor as fighters--Sikhs were like Israelis--they were surrounded by aggressive enemies and every single Sikh had to be in top fighting form if the community was to survive. This was not an environment that would have supported yoga--which requires quiet and seclusion.

1) Eating a meat diet was necessary for anyone to remain in top form as a fighter. It is easy to get weak and iron deficient if one does not have a little bit of red meat to enhance absorbtion of minerals, especially iron from vegetables. In modern times vegetarians have achieved distinction as athletes, but that is only because very much more is known about nutrition and supplements are available.

2) The Sikhs adopted their Kacha (shorts) partly for self discipline, and because these were better for combat--unlike a wrap around dhoti or loin cloth, there was less risk of shorts or breeches tripping a soldier up or coming untied in the heat of combat. The shorts became part of the five Kakkars.

3) A weapon had to be carried at all times--hence the mandate to carry a Kirpan (dagger or sword) as part of the 5 Kakkars)

Final note: The early Sikhs kept themselves in top form as fighters, not to serve one single guru, so that the latter could live in luxury, but to ensure the survival of their entire community--much like Israel, today.

The last guru of the Sikhs died horriby by torture at the orders of Emperor Aurengzeb, rather than renounce his Sikh faith. The gurus lived and suffered with the community, they did not live as effete tyrants in secluded luxury, as did the Mughuls.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2023 11:04PM by corboy.

Posted by: kelly g ()
Date: December 01, 2008 07:22AM

Hey, I'm the author of indiakids.blogspot.com, and I just wanted to add something to this discussion. After trolling many 3HO and Sikhism forums there seems to be alot of discussion out there as to whether members of 3HO are "true Sikhs". Well, in my opinion they are as true of Sikhs as any Sikh is, regardles of how they wear their 5 Kachhas, tie their turbans or chant their banis. Their hearts are in it, you have to give them that. And to their credit (although I have a rough time crediting any religious person for anything religious that they do) many of them have travelled to India on their own and learned much much more about Sikhism than Yogi Bhajan taught. 2nd generations american sikhs (such as myself) having been sent to boarding school in India are far more familiar with traditional Sikh customs than their parents (from the baby boomer hippie generation).

But It was never okay for Yogi Bhajan to have made claims to a specific status in the Sikh Religion in India. He was a false prophet, bottom line.

I'm not at all a Sikh, but it doesn' erase the years and years of knowledge about the religion that I've gained through being in India - it's a part of me and never going away whether I practice or not.

But another question is - if Sikhs don't meditate or do Yoga, why are there all those stories and paintings of Sikh Martyrs meditating or "trancending" their torturous deaths? Why are there those stories about Guru Nanak's mystical feats and Baba Deep Singh throwing his head a mile, etc, etc. You don't take that as FACT do you? but if so, you must believe that these saints and martyrs had supernatural powers - and if you believe that they had supernatural powers, they must have gained them some way. So how did they gain their super human powers?

Posted by: nirmal ()
Date: December 10, 2008 10:59PM

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh.....Sat sri akal, ki haal hai mere dhost.....

i want to start off my reply with a great thanks and and incredible honour to sunny1. Sunny, it's sad to hear that you were kicked off all of these sikh forums that concerned the 3ho. they praise anyone who praises them, and try to create trouble for anyone who doesn't. it's a one sided game where they hope to be the only winners. i give u so much credit for standing up for the truth...this shows much respect for sikhi. Many Sikhs these days have taken the pictures the gori sicks put up, and send them around. they have spread like a virus. the children n their dastaars, the seemingly strictly adherents, and many punjabis even will fight you when you try to give the facts. sadly, with the younger generatons, as myself have seen in the past few years especially - these 3ho's are becoming more and more sucessful in their attempts to brainwash and ruin people.

we don't dance to images of a fake yogi baba like this -

[www.mrsikhnet.com]

we don't pretend we are god like this -

[gurusantsinghkhalsa.com]

and sunny, you were absolutely correct about yogi bhajan NOT being titled as he clamed. see this (and for those who may not know that read this, panthic.org is a very highly credited sikh newspaper.) -

www.panthic.org/news/123/ARTICLE/2410/2006-04-23.html

also, as far as i know, we sikhs never even call anyting 'mantras'. the closest we get to that is our simran.

These 3ho's have also spread to europe, england, and australia. i assume tey are completelt worldwide.

one of the girls who associates herself with 3ho - carmen kaur wrote in her blog -

[www.freewebs.com]

'All forms of Yoga are based on an ancient science, starting in the east. Yoga means to "yoke" or "unite" in Sanskrit. Yoga has therefore been a way for the finite (human) to connect to the Finite (God) Its a way to connect with our higher self, and a realm beyond the physical body.

It is believed, that in every body, dormant Kundalini energy lies in the base of the spine. There are 2 nerve channels at the central nerve of the spinal column. These are called the IDA (lunar, negative energy) and the PINGALA (solar, positive energy. Each of them make 2 and a half turns around the central column of the spine, called the sushmana, as they begin to spiral up the spine. These 2 nerve channels act as conductirs of Kundalini energy that feeds the entire nervous system.

Through the practice of Kundalini Yoga, the trapped energy is stimulated and allowed to flow, reaching the skull, activating the secretion of the pineal gland. The pineal controls the nucleus projection of every cell in the body. To go into further detail, would be to describe the undescribable, Kundalini Yoga is all about experience.'

and that in itself is a flaming, stinking load of ...... man it can't GET much more cliched than that. The very first time i read that i almost died. a couple years ago, i had an account on facebook, and she contacted me. she gave me the frist degree about why i was saying such scathing things about 3ho, and even then...i put her in her place. then i blocked her id. foolish thing she is.

Another thing is many of these 3ho's not only take hindu names like krishna, hari,deva, etc. but to add insult to injury, they add on their own titles like sri or gur, sometimes even guru. Do they even realise how fake that sounds? No REAL sikh goes around, sat sri akal, i'm gur krishna khalsa.

sunny, the cult is more active than ever, and has ties to te corrupt indian government and the RSS terrorst group. Also, these so called strict adherents - i have found pictures of them claimng to be khalsa, but wearing earrings, the girls will tie the fake paghs - they have a patka or other headcovering underneath, and tie the fabric around, but leave that undercovering hanging out, sometimes in a contrasting colour, or even with their bare hair showing.

[photos1.blogger.com]

[raviandjay.blogspot.com]

www.yogaeastsingapore.com

This gori is sporting BOTH the fake dastaar AND an earring. She married a desi singh who got bullshat into their group, which adds a whole second angle of the westerners marrying easterners for ego and exploitation which is its own very nasty dirty classification.

since bhajan has died, though many still don the white, they have ventured into colours for their attire, and don't wear those funny little uniforms as much. they now wear regular salwar kameezes, soemtimes in colours other than pastels. but more on that in a bit. a friend of mine told me his father has seen some of these people smoking in gurdwara. i told him next time his father catches this to send me a snap. they indeed don't always follow the rule of the kakkars. also, real sikhs don't sell peace cereal or yogi teach or any of that other nonsense. anyone who tries to fight their lies, as sunny has found, gets harrassed. some accounts were pretty brutal - usually from ex 3ho's.

there was indeed an edict passed that all sikhs can eat meat. see that here. - [www.sikhs.org]

i do tie turban, but sumtimes i wear patka and cover with chunni. that's no big deal. but many punjabi kaurs r following the turban thing because of the 3ho, and following THEIR ways, NOT sikhi ways.

Kelly dear, im sure you do have much knowledge about sikhi based on your expereinces. i wanted to clear one thing - the 3ho's are being taught more sucessful tactics at how to brainwash people, beyond the first generation. and also, just because their hearts may be into what they do...doesn'tmake them true sikh. true sikh isn't simply a matter of following what you are lead to believe. if they were told to roll over, stick dynamite up their bum, and sing were one, they would probably do it. that just means they are gullible.

this was put elsewhere on Rick's site, and it sums up true khalsa, and in general true sikhs -

(The following was taken from [www.culteducation.com]) The term 'Khalsa Panth' is used to indicate a fellowship of Sikhs who adhere to the principles taught by the Ten Sikh Masters, but this word should not be used for a single Sikh, simply on the basis of Baptism and the Five K's etc. I can understand the enthusiasm of people who want to proudly bear the name Khalsa, and I do not want to discourage them in any way provided they truly deserve such an honourable title. However, when I see a mistake being made, I have to continue mentioning it, until, either, I am proven wrong, or the people admit their mistake and start correcting themselves. Even though I myself would like to proudly add Khalsa to my own name, I believe that such an act would be egotistic and blasphemous. Let us see why. The term Khalsa is reserved for those Gursikhs who have perfected the spiritual principles of The Tenth Master. Khalsa is meant to be a spiritual clone of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, who is the father of Khalsa Panth. Let us not forget that Amrit is just a beginning on this Path. It is wrong to assume that a baptized Sikh is a Khalsa. The Sikhs respectfully call each other 'Khalsa'. However, calling ourselves Khalsa does not make us a 'Khalsa'. If we understand the real meaning of this word, then we will see that the act of calling ourselves Khalsa after taking Amrit is comparable to a scenario where every student enrolled in a (hypothetical) school called "Dean's University" calls himself a dean. If we understand correctly, we will see that the act of calling someone, who has taken Amrit a 'Khalsa', is, just a Sikh version of the worship of appearance and the ritual of Amrit. This results in spiritual degradation because taking Amrit is not an automatic conversion into Khalsa. Khalsa is a rare soul. This is the reality of what we are facing with Jasleen (Kelly), Mai Harinder , Maria Singh (mentioned further in this article), Michelle Amrit Kaur (also mentioned later in this article), and others similar. How rare is Khalsa? Most Sikhs of today have probably never met one. For a true Khalsa Gursikh, in his humility, this word represents an ideal that he will continue to revere all his life. But it does not represent himself in his own eyes. He sees Khalsa in the Sangat, or another Gursikh, and ignores his own greatness. This is why the Sangat is often called Khalsa Ji, or Guru Khalsa Ji. Though the term "Guru Panth Khalsa" is popular, it has been misunderstood. In reality, it
stands only for such rare and obscure Gursikhs in the Sangat who deserve to be called a Khalsa. Let
us study (again) the words of The Tenth Master describing Khalsa. We can see that a Sikh does not become worthy of this title simply because he has taken Amrit and is starting to walk on this path:

"Day and night, he worships the Living Light. He does not entertain any thought of duality. Perfect Love and perfect conviction adorn his personality. How can he follow fasting (rituals) or, even by accident, pray to an idol or a grave? His pilgrimage will be Daan (giving), mercy, self-discipline of tolerance, and self-control. He sees only the One, One God everywhere. Only when The Perfect Light fully illuminates his heart, can you call him Khalsa. Otherwise, he is not Khalsa." (DG, p.712.) and: "One who knows the delight of abiding in the Overself alone, is Khalsa, worthy of adoration. There is not a minuscule difference between him, me, and my beloved God." (SLG, p.668.)

The Tenth Master has attributed the highest virtues to Khalsa: "Khalsa is my Dharma and my aim. Khalsa is my innermost secret. Khalsa is my Perfect True Guru. Khalsa is my brave and true friend. Khalsa is my intellect and my knowledge. Khalsa's form is what I meditate on now. I cannot say enough in praise of Khalsa......If I had as many tongues as the hair on my body,still I may not be able to finish counting all the virtues of Khalsa. I belong to Khalsa, and Khalsa belongs to me, just like the sea and the drop of sea. Khalsa is the army of God. Khalsa has emerged now only because of His own wish." (SLG, p.667.) The Tenth Master has made it very clear that only a soul who has realized the perfect truth, who has become a Brahmgyani and a Saint, in the real sense, can be called a Khalsa also. We could say that the foreign Sikhs were not guided properly, but why do the Punjabi Sikhs find it so hard to understand the words of Guru Gobind Singh Ji? Somewhere along the line, the meaning of Khalsa became reversed among the Sikh masses. First we call ourselves Khalsa on the basis of Amrit, Five K's, and daily recital of the Five Bani's, etc. Then we delude ourselves with a false pride that The Tenth Master said that we bear his personal appearance! Thus, we have diluted this word to our own level of existence, when,in reality, we should adore the greatness of Khalsa so that, some day, we will reach that greatness. By the way, Guru Ji has already designated the last name 'Singh' to identify the person who is committed to follow Khalsa Panth after taking Amrit. How many people can you find who live up to this name (as a true Sikh) today?What will we do when, in the same way, after two or three generations, only the name remains in some households but the lifestyle has degenerated completely into something totally disgraceful towards 'Khalsa'? Are we going to demand that such people relinquish their family name, or, are we going to invent another name then? I can see that, we will be in the same pit then, as those others who have erroneously fallen there, trying to protect the society from the false 'saints' today. We will have no one to blame but us when, to alleviate the disease created by people who merely bear this name or exploit it, we will see arguments that there is no such person as a Khalsa anymore. This is how the true statements in Gurbani are turned into 'false' statements for the masses. Hindsight is always 20/20. People will call us wise if we take care of our future, now. 'Khalsa' is not an ordinary term. It represents a Master, not a student. We should not adorn others or ourselves with such sacred words and thus, make them ordinary. We need to understand their true meaning and leave them reserved for the kind of people they are meant for: people who have been truly successful in living completely according to Gurbani. We need to actively, seek to meet such people, early in our lifetime. This is the heart of Sikh faith and this is what Gurbani teaches us, almost on each page!

if a murderer really has his heart into what he does, he's still a murderer. remember that. they have learned more about sikhism simply so they can use it to manipulate and brainwash. it's all illusion as u urself should be aware of. miri piri academy is just a breeding ground for more crapola. there are many sikh related schools in punjab that are nothing like that. one such famous is khalsa college. it's a sikh college, but doesn't teach any of the crap these whackjobs teach.

a for the whole thing about sikh history and greats like baba deep singh ji, and others....personally, i hope i don't get bashed for this, but i'm not always sure i can believe if the stories were not embelleshed a bit, esepcially durng the time they apparently happened, but that's not the point. the point is the morals they taught, to let nothing stand in the way of respecting our religion and culture(s). and sikhs do meditate, tho were refer to it as simran, but not in the same way as the yoga is taught and not with the same beliefs.

Date: December 10, 2008 11:05PM

also, i have a nice lengthy list of 3ho related crap. some of it was previously posted, some of it r from other parts of rick's site, but here, have a look -

3 H O Sikhs - most visible by their white outfits, and go by various prefixes like Shri, Hari, Aum/Om, Guru Deva ( often combining Hindu and Punjabi names out of ignorance) etc; often with names such as Amrit, Snatam, etc. (Though is not ALWAYS a sign, as some true Sikhs also have names such as Amrit. Look for other stereotypes and signs, especially as they will have limited association to Punjabi culture, unless to exploit and /or mock it, some even saying it has no connection to Sikhi.)
What they do exploits both westerners and easterners by taking compromise of westerners' fickle, materialistic, ego driven vices and and using them to take advantage of and seem superior to the overly trusting easterners so as to lure and trap them to use them for their evil deceives. They indulge in the easterner's will until it is fully taken advantage of, and most often when it is too late. This is the case with both the 3ho cult and the goris who marry Desi, Asians, or Middle Eastern people, except with the romantic relations, it's done one a smaller ( one or a few people instead of a large community) yet equally destructive, false, and dangerous scale.
They are what is called a cult - a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader. It was started by Yogi Bhajan but his real name is something else. He was a small time criminal until he was hired by the Indian government to start a cult and dress it up as Sikh cult to break the Khalistan movement up (divide and conquer) in 1960s, 1970s, 1980's, and beyond until his death. Anyway he converted a few thousand white (Gora) cult members who treat him as the their unofficial 11th Guru. He gave them Amrit but they don't keep all the 5 Ks or do 5 bani - the prayers everyday (which is mandatory) and they believe in and teach tantric yoga and other Hindu beliefs. They are considered a dangerous cult that is trying to change the Sikh religion into Hinduism by trying to become its leadership. During the 1980s they were very hostile and negative against the Khalistan movement for a independent Sikh state Khalistan (because they were & are funded secretly by the Indian government to break the Khalistan movement up (divide and conquer). They belong to the 'new age' movement - see here for more info - [en.wikipedia.org] . (New age religions are basically fanatic groups, with ideas taken from mainstream religions, then transformed into groups with ideas which sounds like they were on drugs, going on about false spiritual philosophies, for example, how the auras of the body will transcend the soul to various places if you do this or that, or how you can achieve enlightenment by doing some really strange technique. These were stemmed by the hippie movements of the 60's, and were fueled by western stereotypical ideas of eastern religions.) They Also run the Miriri Piri academy - www.miripiriacademy.org/ . Obsessive especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing. (Please see these links - [www.cultnews.com] , [yogibhajan.tripod.com] , www.culteducation.com/groups/3ho.html ), and www.goldentemple.com ( The 'product listing' for their line of false health food products, which they try to market if you purchase them they will change yourmind and spirit enlighten your chakra and bring you to a higher consciousness, etc.) [groups.yahoo.com] (It's currently mostly spam infested, but if you dig through the archives, may find some good people who can tell u about the bullscrap that has gone on.)

[www.culthelp.info]

[www.sarbloh.info]

[www.freedomofmind.com], [www.sikhsangat.com]?

showtopic=4038, [www.sikhsangat.com],

[www.sikhsangat.com],
[forums.delphiforums.com]

[www.strippingthegurus.com]

[www.freewebs.com]

[www.freewebs.com]

'All forms of Yoga are based on an ancient science, starting in the east. Yoga means to "yoke" or "unite" in Sanskrit. Yoga has therefore been a way for the finite (human) to connect to the Finite (God) Its a way to connect with our higher self, and a realm beyond the physical body.

It is believed, that in every body, dormant Kundalini energy lies in the base of the spine. There are 2 nerve channels at the central nerve of the spinal column. These are called the IDA (lunar, negative energy) and the PINGALA (solar, positive energy. Each of them make 2 and a half turns around the central column of the spine, called the sushmana, as they begin to spiral up the spine. These 2 nerve channels act as conductirs of Kundalini energy that feeds the entire nervous system.

Through the practice of Kundalini Yoga, the trapped energy is stimulated and allowed to flow, reaching the skull, activating the secretion of the pineal gland. The pineal controls the nucleus projection of every cell in the body. To go into further detail, would be to describe the undescribable, Kundalini Yoga is all about experience.'

[www.flickr.com]

[www.jattworld.com]
[www.jattworld.com]
[www.jattworld.com]
[www.jattworld.com]
[www.jattworld.com]
[www.jattworld.com]
[www.jattworld.com]
[www.jattworld.com]

[www.sikhnet.com]

[www.sikhnet.com]!

These two wank jobs -

<a href="[awayfromourheritage.blogspot.com];
Guru Jaswant and Rajveer</a>

We are now called to the unavoidable questions regarding our faith and culture which stand before us : What has happened to the old - order Sikhs who unshakably stood up for morals and our culture, and who were wise enough to know the difference between Sikhs, and false people with ill intent? What has happened to the Sikhs, both young and old, who, at the mere mention of 3 H O, or of others who would claim they were Sikh, but who proved to be false in some form or another - would laugh at you gently, and say ' Don't take those people seriously, they are not really Sikh.' They would beautifully explain to you the difference between '3 H O' and other fraudulent groups, and true Sikhs, also noting how they had seen these people in bars, or with cigarettes in the Gurdwara, or doing other shameful things. These days those Sikhs are extremely rare, and have been all but become obsolete next to the new brand of 'Anything Goes' Sikhism - anyone who pretends to be pure Sikh, is heralded, many Sikhs who take Amrit for show, shouting their patriotism loudly, but not following through in action, battle the few old - breed Sikhs who are still not afraid to point out the frauds are chastised by this new order of Sikhs. The current form of Sikhism is being eaten by its own self created Frankenstein monster. Also, the 3 H O are known to befriend an Indian cult called 'Kookay' or 'Namdhari', with similar intent, though the Kookay don't take on the western styles of exploitation. They have their own anti Khalistani tactics, hell - bent on preventing Sikhs to have their own land of freedom from the terrors of the government, and others who try to destroy Sikhism. If our Sikhism DOES survive, thanks to the change in mind set and the trust in so many 'snake oil sellers' - the fakes who try to sell you purity, so that they can poison you and stab you in the back - it will be drastically changed and transformed into a very different, very false, dangerous, and self - destructive vehicle. We must work now to prevent this!

Then, last but not least, we have....
[www.google.com]

1. Anonymous posted at 9/20/2005 - 10:52:30 PM
Gurumustuk Singh ji,

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,
Waheguru ji ki fateh!

This is a humble request. I can see on the page on SikhNet you have taken videos from
SikhiFM/EktaOne website. However, there is no recognition of their work, and there is no "Donate to
EktaOne" box. There is only SikhNet logos, and a "Donate to SikhNet" box. This seems unfair and not
very chardi kala. Please kindly give recognition, and put a "Donate to EktaOne" box. Thanks.
Waheguru ji ka khalsa,Waheguru ji ki fateh!

2. Gurumustuk Singh posted at 9/20/2005 11:08:56 PM
Waheguru ji ka khalsa,
Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Anonymous:

If you play the videos it is obvious that it is from SikhiFM.com. I am not taking credit for those
videos. I am merely trying to make them more accessable to people. The donation link is there to
allow people to support the bandwidth and hosting costs for SikhNet. You can see that the videos are
hosted on our servers so do not pose any costs to Ektaone. Anyone can download the videos off of
SikhNet and post them on their own websites. The intention is to educate people and get these
materials out there. It would be great if Ektaone downloaded and added all the videos that are now
on SikhNet and would make more options for peole. They could put a donation link there to support
Ektaone too. I have no issue with that. Seriously... I'm not trying to steal anyone's thunder. I
really am just trying to help. If you are part of Ektaone we can discuss via email further if this
is not agreeable to you.

1.Gurumustuk Singh veerjee I think you should at least put some mention of EktaOne on the webpage
there - such as "This video is from www.EktaOne.com" for example. vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa
vaaheguroojeekeefatheh !!!

2. Gurumustuk Singh posted at 9/21/2005 12:31:58 PM

Kulpreet: as I mentioned in my previous comment, I don't think this is necessary. If someone watches
the video it is clear that it is by SikhiFM.com which goes to EktaOne. You can see the web address
quite clear. The prime purpose for the videos is education not promotional purposes. I know some of
the people who created these videos for SikhiFM...so I am not doing this in a vacuum. If they feel I
am doing something wrong they would tell me. Are you one of the Sevadhars at EktaOne? I'm just
curious why you are so insistant on this.

1. xSHANTIx (aka)http://gdkaur.blogspot.com/ (This was the Gori kaur who argued with me over how
important Punjab/Desi heritage is to Sikhi. She feels it has no importance, her real name is Carmen,
and she is also 3 H O. ) posted at 9/21/2005 01:07:28 PM
dear cyber sangat...please stop judging others...Gurumustuk Ji was carrying out very valuable
seva...many of us needed a site like this and i think hes done an amazing job..also the videos from
ektaone and sikhifm clearly have their websites advertised on the video clips so what is the
problem? ALSO whats wrong with sharing!!!! Where is your universal spirit...im sure ektaone will be
glad that more people are seeing their work! remeber Guruji is the true Judge....whoever ties
dhumulla..for whatever their reason is personal to what they are projecting in the world....its
their choice. eeeee also Gurumustuk....i cant wait for your mothers new album, the sound clip on one
of the clips sounds amazing

[www.mrsikhnet.com]

Check out this freaky 3 H 0 attempt at doing a ghidda session. They r all in white, with a huge
photo of Yogi Bhajan. BTW -side note, they not only have stolen some videos without credit, but
steal other information from the other, TRULY CREDIBLE Sikhi sites for sikhnet.com....right down to
the name (think sikh.net).

[www.mrsikhnet.com]

'Every year we have a big birthday celebration for Siri Singh Sahib Harbhajan Singh Khalsa (Yogi
Bhajan). Many guests, friends, family, etc come to this party to celebrate with each other. Every
year there are different types of entertainment, however one of the constants is having a show of
Punjabi Dance. Here is a video clip of some of the local Espanola Sikh women doing a few different
dances in Aug 2002. Ravi Kaur of the Bhangra Troupe "Izzat De Punjab" does some great choreography. She is the one that organizes and gets everyone together to have fun and practice these dances.'

[images.google.com]-

713227.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mrsikhnet.com/2005/09/how-to-tie-turban-video-
tutorials.html&h=200&w=200&sz=6&hl=en&sig2=_AiC5mIO4UQi9t1T66Y_nQ&start=29&um=1&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;tbnid=dtYXlpvbFHjt4M:&tbnh=104&tbnw=104&ei=9BwQRtHQJoWqhQSsrJG2CA&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddeh%2Bshiva%2Bbar%2Bmohe%2B%26start%3D18%26ndsp%3D18%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

and real sikhs dont do this -

<a onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="[photos1.blogger.com] style="display:block; margin:0px auto 10px; text-align:center;cursor:pointer; cursor:hand;width: 640px; height: 427px;" src="[photos1.blogger.com]; border="0" alt="" /></a>

and see this -

[www.religion-cults.com]

or bullshit like this - [gurusantsinghkhalsa.com] people who deem themself as high as God itself. if you really are that hgh, you would not be preaching yourself and showing urself off in this way. it would show through pure actions, not ego.

www.culthelp.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=868&Itemid=11

www.factnet.org/cults/3ho/index.html

www.icsahome.com/infoserv_grp/grp_3ho.asp

[answers.yahoo.com]

What do you know about the strange 3HO Cult?
Someone I once knew was in the 3HO cult, but got very angry when I started asking questions about it. They are very bizarre: they are Americans who wear turbans and grow long beards, and they wear all white clothing. They worship a man called Yogi Bhajan, who is their guru. I wish I could ask this person more, but he got very mad at me "when I asked too much" - I guess they didn't want me to find out what went on inside the cult.

Help! I'm scared for my friend! He seems so strange. He's shoved his friends and family away. They've totally cut him off. They make him do all this unpaid work, and he is supposed to pay the cult a ton of money every month as a "tithe.". His year-round house is a tent in New Mexico. He, and other followers camp outside the temple. He has almost no food or any kind of a life - he has to beg the temple kitchen to throw him some leftover food, and some days he doesn't eat. This cult has stolen his life and his dignity! Help!

Does anyone know anything about this terrible cult??!?

* 3 months ago

Additional Details

3 months ago
Pangel - yes I know, there's the yoga part of it, but that's just one side of it. I've even done the yoga classes, and they were OK, but there is a different side of it once you get pulled WAY in - you are in a different ballgame. You have to dress like them, believe and worship like them, hand over your money, change your name.... etc.... ... usual cult stuff. The yoga part is just what you see on the outer periphery - the inner part of it is very controlling and dark!

And I'm not just over-reacting. How insensitive. I've seen people's lives ruined by 3HO, and my friend has given up his life, all his potential, and is having his soul sucked out of him!

[www.indiadivine.org]

the gori 'sicks' try to bully anyone who tries to speak against the cult. isn't that somethng? this is common on any eastern relions/yoga/sikhism/etc. forum that mentions them. if u have nothing to hide, why be so defensive?

[forum.culteducation.com]

Over the past months I have tried to post my logical, practical, non-hateful, non-offensive opinion on the way 3ho Sikhs are confusing our youth and how their teachings deviate from Sikhism.. My goal was to modestly inform the Sikh youth and public through the internet about how our youth are being greatly confused and taken away from their families. Through meeting people, listening to television shows, radio broadcasts, reading a wide range of information, using 3ho services, listening from their prayer tracks, purchasing their CDs, seeing information and learning their form of Sikhism and seeing regular Sikh I have definitely learned something. Our religion is going through one of the greatest changes any religion has ever experienced. Instead of moving forward we are moving into a mystic, counterproductive experience of Sikhism. I first thought that only a few Sikhs would be affected by this misinformation. However I have found that thousands of Sikhs and Sikh children are becoming confused in some way to some degree.

I have posted on websites like www.sikhnet.com, www.sikhsangat.com and I have not been allowed on these websites to post because I simply stated my view. Also I would like to inform you that the most popular website for Sikhs, www.sikhnet.com, is based at Espanola, New Mexico and always supports a 3HO Sikh agenda. On the webmaster’s blog www.mrsikhnet.com he even tried to tell the Sikh public that we are forgetting that Yoga was once part of our religion. Because his blog is so popular I posted my opinion only to find it deleted and I was permanently banned from the website. Their efforts are becoming successful and many mainstream Sikhs are falling into their net.

In the book titled “Sikh Identity” by Opinderjit Kaur the author explains how the 3HO lifestyle deviates from the Sikh teachings. Also she explains that the Sikh head SGPC president Tohra stated in a news report that Yogi Bhajan was never given the title of Sri Singh Sahib, the Sikh leader of the Western hemisphere. He also stated that there is no such title as the Sikh leader of the Western hemisphere. There are many teachings from 3HO which deviate from the Sikh way of life. First, Yoga is made compulsory, and the quest for enlightenment is encouraged. 3HO even teaches in books like “Yoga for Business Success” by Darshan Singh Khalsa that one can obtain spiritual powers from doing Kundalini Yoga. In the Sikh scripture is states “Inhaling, exhaling and holding the breath by the force of the mind – by empty hypocritical practices, Dharmic love for the Lord is not produced. Only through Word of the Guru’s Shabad is the sublime, supreme, essence obtained.” (Page 1043 of Guru Granth). Infact there are many quotes which support this argument. This organization is like many others which often use the Sikh holy book to encourage doing Yoga, or Meditation to attain enlightenment. In this case, enlightenment means continuously seeing and hearing inner light and sound. This is obviously not possible to any degree, and though meditation can give peace and alertness is cannot make you see continuous white or yellow light as these groups claim. Specifically Sant Mat which was once infamously known in the Punjab (area where Sikhs live in India) as the Rhadasoami group has claimed that they can show people inner light and they have confused many people and may have even ruined lives. For information on this cult go to (www.knowthyselfassoul.org) and www.ruhanisatsangusa.org.

Other practices of 3HO are also notable. In the Yogi Bhajan lecture archive on www.sikhnet.com Mr. Bhajan would encourage people to give offerings like Pizzas to Guru Ram Das. Many 3HO members admit that they worship Guru Ram Das by giving him objects and this has never been a form of worship in Sikhism. Sikhs have only worshipped God. Also 3HO encourages people to become strict vegetarians in order to save “Karma”, and to wear only white in order to be holy. As long as there has been Sikhism Sikhs did not have to wear only white in order to follow their religion. In Sikhism the singing of religious hymns is suppose to be done using traditional instruments. 3HO members like Snatam Kaur (www.snatamkaur .com) and Guru Ganesha (http://www.a-healing.com/gugasi.html) say things like “I give my heart to you Guru Ram Das.” and consistently focus their music on this particular Guru. However there were 10 human Gurus who were all equal and one holy scripture which by title is considered a Guru as well. The holy scripture for the Sikhs the Guru Granth Sahib holds the title as the current Guru of the Sikhs as it holds the teachings from all ten of the Sikh Gurus.

Also 3HO has introduced new mantras which have never been part of Sikhism, or even Hinduism. When I ask many people from India whose Grandparent’s where Sikhs they have never even heard of these mantras. When Snatam Kaur does her worldwide tours she comes to Sikh Gurdwaras and instructs the audience to chant these mantras instead of chanting the normal Waheguru which is the only mantra that Sikhs chant.

I think that this information is important for people to know because many Sikhs and other people are being taken away from their families because of organization like these. Some people are learning about Sikhism and converting to “Sikhism” after being Kundalini Yoga teachers when Sikhism is not associated with Yoga is any way. So many innocent, Americans, Canadians, and Sikhs are becoming confused and following teachings which are not what they claim to be.
You can learn a lot about Sikh Dharma of the Western Hemisphere (the teachings which deviate from original Sikhism) from Google Books search for the book Identity of Sikhism, pages 158-177). Most of these pages are available online at Google Books. Also note that Power Broker magazine has counted Bhajan among 'New Mexico's Top 100' influential business people. An excerpt of the article is available on page 160. Also in a lecture on www.mrsikhnet.com’s audio archive by Mr. Bhajan he explains specific details of the tenth Sikh Guru. The real details which he describe are actually unknown and cannot be confirmed. Yet “Yogi” Bhajan described the Guru’s height, diet, and stated that he could spin a sword around so fast that no arrow could hit him. This is actually true and can be found in the audio archive on www.mrsikhnet.com
In conclusion, 3HO is confusing our youth and altering our religion. From this website I have become educated on the true facts of Yogi Bhajan which I wish many Sikhs knew. He told a women from his yoga class (http://www.culteducation.com/reference/3ho/3ho83.html) “In fact, the sex was never presented or regarded as a part of any religion or religious experience. It was only later, when I asked him to reconcile his role as a professed, celibate religious leader with the fact he was having sex with more than one woman, that he put a religious gloss on the sex. He said he was actually living three lives in one, and that I was his spiritual wife in one of the lives..” Many Sikhs have believed Yogi Bhajan to ba a Siri Singh Sahib of their religion. This is the like one rank below the Head of the religion the Jathedar. To help one further understand this rank may be seen as the equivalent of a Archbishop in Christianity who is seen as below the Pope. When I learnt of this scandal I became really shocked and upset. I felt this way because Mr. Bhajan claimed to have such a high rank in our religion and so many people believed in. When in reality he had taken part in scandals which would have never allowed him to receive this religious title in reality. The title “Sri Singh Sahib” is a real religious title which some have earned authentically for example Prof. Darshan Singh.

Also I strongly feel that though Yogi Bhajan has died the 3HO cult is still active and affecting Americans, Canadians and Sikhs throughout the world. One can practice their beliefs but they should have their own distinctive name. This way people would not be confused as they are currently still claiming Bhajan’s teachings that they are following are the original form of Sikhism though they do not comply with the original Sikhism.

this girl also was a fromer 3ho, but has woke up from the horror, and have a great blog about it -

[indiakids.blogspot.com]

www.religionnewsblog.com/category/3ho

[www.factnet.org]

[www.curezone.com]

curezone.biz/blogs/fm.asp?i=969335

yoga.meetup.com/459/messages/archive/

[books.google.com]

www.panthic.org/news/123/ARTICLE/2410/2006-04-23.html

These are good steps Prabhsharandeep Singh indicated, but questioned why more was not being done in isolating those who continue to support Kala-Afghana and the Spokesman editor. He also questioned why the Jathedars attended a function organized by the 3HO, which he stated was as a cult. "During the function, which was broadcast by SikhNet, Jathedar Sahib referred to Yogi Bhajan as 'Sri Singh Sahib'", Prabhsharandeep Singh strongly protested. "How can the Jathedar of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib refer to anyone with that title? There is no precedence of it in Sikh history for anyone having such a title" he later added. Not expecting this line of questioning, the Jathedars were taken aback. Out of embarrassment Jathedar Vendati kept his head lowered when questioned.

www.csj.org/infoserv_groups/co_ae.htm

[www.sikhsangat.com]

one of the 3ho's and some supporters try to spread bullshit...

www.theologyweb.com/campus/archive/index.php/t-10658.html

www.orthodoxphotos.com/readings/future/tantric.shtml

[books.google.com]

forum.wingmakers.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8

www.surrealist.org/links/oldfiles/3ho.html

www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Talk:3HO

[yogiblog.destinymanifestation.com]

www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult_q1.html

[books.google.com]

www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1004361/posts

www.strippingthegurus.com/stgsamplechapters/bibliography.asp

www.holysmoke.org/cos/observer-beyond-belief.htm

there's this guy who claims to be pure punjabi sikh...he's another gora, married to a gori, and you can see large amounts of hindu om signs in his pictures...also both he and his wife dress in the 3ho style.

[images.orkut.com]

[images.orkut.com]

[images.orkut.com]

[images.orkut.com]

he heads up these websites - [consejokhalsa.blogspot.com] and [sikhdharmabhaibandi.blogspot.com] with which he tries to pretend he is pure and pro khalistan. he spams alot of people with them, and is trying to play tricks on real sikhs who may have been too wise to not fall for other common 3ho tactics. some of his friends are also connected to the frauds kelly 'jasleen' kaur and mai harinder kaur.

[barcelona.indymedia.org]

www.creedopedia.com/topics/Cult

[www.enlightenmefree.com]

www.surrealist.org/links/guestbook5.html

[forums.panthic.net]

[en.wikipedia.org]

www.britneygroupie.com/2006/02/26/has-britney-spears-stumbled-into-another-“cult”/

[richarddawkins.net]

[photo.net]

www.culticstudiesreview.org/csr_bkreviews/bkrev_cultaroundthecorner.htm

www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=99205970

www.neuereligion.de/ENG/ReligiousNature/03.htm

www.geftakysassembly.com/Reflections/SiteMap2.htm

www.1mall.com/ODP/Society/Religion_and_Spirituality/Opposing_Views/Yoga/

www.southasianconnection.com/articles/159/1/Sikh-Priest-Serve-As-Saint-And-Soldier-For-Jesus-Christ/Page1.html

guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2008/08/song-with-some-sour-notes.html

kundaliniyoga.tribe.net/thread/801b497a-8bc5-4dc3-9423-7b7578c399ca

[books.google.com]

interesting...

[www.hinduwebsite.com]

[monkeyfilter.com]

[www.thebereancall.org]

frontlinepunjabiyouth.blogspot.com/2007/12/real-akj-attitude.html

health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sri_Chinmoy_Survivors/messages/101?viscount=10

www.h-net.org/reviews/showrev.php?id=6497

www.fairfieldweekly.com/article.cfm?aid=8485

community.beliefnet.com/index.php?page_id=24&tgt=1228263845 -

www.flameout.org/flameout/gurus/bhajan.html

[kundaliniyoga.tribe.net]

lol - see 'fifi' -

Rick Ross manipulates information and makes money off of so-called "cult busting." His list of "frauds" includes many of the world's most highly respected yoga teachers. Yogi Bhajan was human for sure, and it's wise to question what you hear and read, but question it from all ways. Rick Ross is not at all an unbiased source of information, nor an accurate one.

Yea, right.....sounds like we have another sucker in the making! it's not just rick ross sweety.....it's incredible how many e 3ho-ers there are, and even when panthic.org mentions it being a cult and yogi bhajan being a fraud, you're a bit outnumbered!

[www.panthic.org]

[www.strippingthegurus.com]

[home.sprintmail.com]

[byeliseabramsmiller.blogspot.com]

ooh, interesting...here comes gurumustuk himself trying to defend the gang.....awwwww sucha defensive lad, what are u hiding?!

religionexplorer.com/cgi-bin/web.pl?terms=bhajan&page=0&site=1720

guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2008_08_01_archive.html

[www.culteducation.com]

[64.233.169.104]

[www.ex-premie.org]

[www.ckjatha.com]

[www.kriteachings.org]

There is also this Gori 3 H O cow and the Punjabi kuta she claims to have married - both are 3 H O frauds, and both teach Kundalini yoga in Singapore -
[raviandjay.blogspot.com]

www.yogaeastsingapore.com

and their emails are -

gjk@3ho.org.
ramdas_guru@yahoo.com.

and this girl -

[www.facebook.com]

and ash singh actually condones this shit -

ashsingh.wordpress.com/2005/08/06/456/

[ashsingh.wordpress.com]

[ashsingh.wordpress.com]

[ashsingh.wordpress.com]

[ashsingh.wordpress.com]

[ashsingh.wordpress.com]

[ashsingh.wordpress.com]

and as for my own blogs, as i too am a blogger...they are - [www.awayfromourheritage.blogspot.com] (which by the way, some people pass off as being racist. let me be very clear that i like anyone from any religion or culture who is respectful of others and doesn't act like scum. i have friends from all over the world, and i myself am punjabi/mongolian/european (gori) mix race. so let it be clear that i am not racist, im pointing out fact. and then there's my more lighthearted blog - [khalistanikudiyenirmallovesnihangs.blogspot.com]. i also wanted to do a fashion nirmal style and a poetry blog, but havn't gotten to those yet. anyway, gur fateh, rab rhaka!

Date: December 11, 2008 05:27AM

Another thing that is very odd indeed is the handful of westerners who try claim they are 'pro - Khalistan', but have interesting tie to the opposite side of the coin -

For instance, this one -

She is a white woman married to a black guy. now, that would be all well and good if it wasn't for the fact that she is trying to pass both he and herself off as punjabi sikhs. Also, she's not afraid to post links to many 3h0 'friends'. at first sight, the road to khalistan blog looks excellent, until you delve a bit deeper into the matter. This is particularly disturbing for those of us who are genuinely pro khalistan.

[roadtokhalistan.blogspot.com]

and this blog -

dedicatedkaurs.blogspot.com

[www.orkut.com]

[www.blogger.com]

[www.flickr.com]

[www.sikhism.us]

bcsikhs.com/forum/member.php?u=68

[mai-sometimes.blogspot.com]

[mai-sometimes.blogspot.com]

and her pic...another man faced gori fraud...

[images.funadvice.com]

then we have this fellow (who i think i just posted about previously a little bit.) -

Now, this guy also tries to claim that he is punjabi, though he admits his wife is not. she's gori. (and frankly, just because he can speak punjabi doesn' mean he is punjabi either.) anyway. he spends time spamming people, trying to claim that he's pro khalistan, and even goes as far as making clams against 3ho. BUT, oddly enough.....if you look at his orkut album (if you have an orkut account, otherwise ill post the pics as an attachment) he and his wife clearly do not look the least bit punjabi - they even dress in the 3ho style faux bani. Equally disturbing is the huge om signs he has placed in what appears to be a religious area of the home. one pic does show a little sikh flag over it, but it is much smaller than the large om patterned tapestry hanging on a nearby wall. if they were not in the picture, it would appear more like a hindu family who has some kind of respect for sikhism. maybe.

[images.orkut.com]

[images.orkut.com]

[images.orkut.com]

[images.orkut.com]

he heads up these websites - [consejokhalsa.blogspot.com] and [sikhdharmabhaibandi.blogspot.com]

alo, in this guy's orkut punjabis who support the former, 'mai harinder kaur' and her gori friend kelly culp who says she isn't 3ho, but has claimed to be sikh and who often praises them.(she calls herself jasleen, and has only been sikh for about a year or two. she has a long history of playing games with desis, and even claimed she wanted to make a new religion off guru nanak ji at one point. apparently, her husband has found out about her, and they are supposedly going through a divorce.) these people, primarily guys have outrightly abused anyone who is brave enough to stand up against these people. they harrass them, call them fake sikhs, and spread lies about them around the net, then make matters wrse by trying to make them look bad. they even go to the point of calling others stalkers, when they themselves have gone into trying to find out personal information about the people who are not afraid to fight their crap.

what makes me scratch my head is this. it's ok if goris and goras are genuinely pro khalistan, as long as they are honest, and also stick to their own culture and respect that. what is with all the mystery the 3ho are famous for being anti-khalistan, and are darling sweethearts of the indian government for this. why have connections to them, or try to act like them if you claim to oppose them? it just makes everything sound completely shady, as though this i yet another attempt to lure people into some trap by pretending you're the wolf in sheep's clothing. and many people fall for it. even i myself almsot fell for it before i started to do a little research and checking out things more deeply.

- nirmal

Date: December 11, 2008 06:21AM

i also found this elsewhere in the forum -

[forum.culteducation.com]

Date: June 01, 2011 01:05AM

Sikh Dharma Ministry Exams 1984-2010

1984 EXAM QUESTIONS:
(1) Please write an essay on "religious prosperity".

(2) Please write one page on the protocol to maintain the respect of Khalsa women.

(3) What shall be the position of Panth Khalsa to surmount the period of 1984-1988 if it becomes a real bloody challenge?

1986 EXAM QUESTIONS:
A. The boundaries and the spheres of a Sikh Minister?

B. Religious law versus country law - positions and protective areas.

C. How to process your life where you can serve and be successful overwhelmingly, that you can share with your constituency.

1988 EXAM QUESTIONS
1. Someone in your community whom you have known for many years has recently stopped attending most of your Dharmic events. How would you respond?

2. What would you tell a stranger who asked you how your religion differs from others?

1990 EXAM QUESTIONS:
A. Explain and discuss "The Status" of being a minister of Sikh Dharma.

B. Define "spiritual misunderstanding". How does it happen? What can be done about it? Where do you see it manifesting in your own life? What are you going to do about it?

C. Give a detailed plan for instilling the 'caliber' and 'grit' of the sons of Guru Gobind Singh in all of our children.

1992 EXAM QUESTIONS:
1. As we say good-bye to the Age of Pisces where the slogan was "I want to know, please help me" and we enter the Age of Aquarius where the slogan is "I know: let me help take you there," the world shall change. In light of this shift, how do you, as a minister of Sikh Dharma, plan to serve your constituency while avoiding the pitfalls of spiritual arrogance and spiritual ego and/or self-belittlement and self-negation?

2. What do you perceive to be your responsibility to the children in your constituency and how are you delivering that perceived responsibility?

1994 EXAM QUESTIONS:
1. What do you see as your strengths as a Sikh Dharma Minister?

2. (a) What do you see as your weaknesses as a Sikh Dharma Minister and (b), what are you willing to do to address those weaknesses and change them?

3. Please write a short narrative of how you have personally ministered to someone in your community.

SIKH DHARMA 1996 MINISTER'S EXAM
In light of the Sikh Dharma Ministry mission statement ("To selflessly serve and uplift humanity and to perpetuate Sikh Dharma in the spirit of Cherdi Kala"), please identify a goal (the what of your vision of yourself as a Sikh Dharma Minister)that you will make an inner commitment to completing by 1998. State your goal, your objectives, your strategies, and your concrete action plan you have designed to attain your goal. Than please do it. It's time to take action.

Definitions:
Goal: What one intends to do or achieve. This step defines the dimensions of the vision. Some examples are: to set up a children's Dharmic Education program in your community, to write a book of inspirational stories, to establish a Gurdwara in your home, to set up a free kitchen, to participate in a community action team, to peer counsel five people in your community a week, etc.

Objective: The points or milestones along the way to your goal. That which takes you towards your goal and is stated in measurable terms, with targeted completion dates, milestones and benchmarks.

Strategies: The "how". Methods for making, doing or accomplishing something. Your means to an end. This area includes dates, financial needs and measurable success factors.

Action Plan: A plan and flow that show exactly how to use existing resources to the actions in the strategy. It might include people, resources, time lines, evaluations, and revision processes.

SIKH DHARMA MINISTER'S EXAM, 1998
1. The 1996 exam asked you to identify a goal (in light of the Sikh Dharma Ministry mission statement: "To selflessly serve and uplift humanity and to perpetuate Sikh Dharma in the spirit of Cherdi Kala") that you were willing to commit to and complete by 1998. To follow up on that question, did you achieve your goal? Please explain (in at least a paragraph).

2. "The time has come to share the universal impact of Shabd Guru to uplift and inspire the whole world with this technology. The time has come to awaken and arise." (From "Shabd Guru" by Siri Singh Sahib Bhai Sahib Harbhajan Singh Khalsa Yogiji, p.ii. This paper is available from the Shabd Guru Team, Route 2, Box 137, Espanola, N.M. 87532.) On a personal level, in relating to the Siri Guru Granth Sahib, what line, hukam, or Shabd speaks to you in a profound or significant way? How have those words made an impact on your life? How do you share that impact with others? Please explain.

3. Baisakhi Day, 1999 will mark the 300th anniversary of the birth of the Khalsa. As a Sikh Dharma Minister and leader, what are you planning to do to make this celebration an auspicious one? Please respond to this question on a separate piece of paper and return it to the Chancellor's Office along with the rest of your exam and requirements. The Siri Singh Sahib has asked that he be provided with your plans as soon as possible via the Chancellor's Office.

4. In the spirit of "reach out and teach out" what course are you willing to teach within the next two years? When and to whom?

SIKH DHARMA MINISTER'S EXAM, 2000
1. We have moved into the new millennium. Many things are changing very quickly. What is your vision for the Ministry in the next decade? What do you think Sikh Dharma Ministry needs to become? Please write at least a paragraph and explain your vision step by step.

2. During the annual Minister's meeting at Summer Solstice, 1999, one of the topics of discussion was: "how have you integrated being a Minister with the rest of your life at this point in time?" It was incredibly interesting and informative to hear what people were doing and how they were doing it. In light of this information and in connection with question number one, a) How is what you are currently doing linked to your vision of the Ministry for the future? And b) What skills are you using and what activities are you engaged in that can help you to manifest your vision of the Ministry over the next decade? Please explain.

3. Minister training is a focus area for the Ministry now. In order to develop an effective training program, it would be helpful to have your input and suggestions on what to include for Minister training. Please target your ideas to either [1] a specific age group (6-12; 13-18; 19-25; 26-45; 46-60; or 61 and above;) or [2] one of the following larger groups: a] those individuals who want to become Ministers, or b] on-going training for ordained Ministers. What information, topics, and ceremonies do you think need to be included in Minister training for the age group or larger group you have chosen? What are the needs of that group? Thank you in advance for your input and suggestions.

SIKH DHARMA MINISTER'S EXAM, 2002

Please respond with at least a paragraph to each of these questions:

1. These chaotic and troubled times have been predicted for a long time. What are you doing as a Sikh Dharma Minister to a) raise your own spirit and b) to raise the spirit of your community?

2. The power of prayer is one of the most effective tools we have available to us. a) How are you as a Sikh Dharma Minister using the power of prayer in your life? b) How are you inspiring others to use this tool in their lives?

3. This is a time of co-operation rather then isolation. What are you doing to help build team work in your community and/or place of work?

SIKH DHARMA MINISTER'S EXAM, 2004

The Siri Singh Sahib said in April, 2002, we have finally graduated. We are at a point of maturity where we are now collectively holding the torch.

Please write at least a short paragraph for each of these questions:

As a Minister, what does this statement mean to you?
“The Aquarian Age is not coming to us, it is coming through us” (Siri Singh Sahib). How is this manifesting in your own life, work, teaching, or leadership activities in your community?
How are you supporting other Ministers and yourself in your community or country?
SIKH DHARMA MINISTER'S EXAM, 2006

1. As a minister, are you taking leadership in growing your community, developing your community, nurturing and/or expanding it? If yes, how? If not yet, how do you see yourself beginning?

2. What are you doing to foster, enhance, and enrich your relationship with the Siri Guru Granth Sahib?

3. You have been asked to teach about Sikh Dharma: Who is your audience, and what will you cover?

4. In what ways are you known for your service?

SIKH DHARMA MINISTER'S EXAM, 2008

It is 2008. Time and space are moving so quickly, the Age of Aquarius is almost upon us. It is essential that between now and 2012 we master and own our destiny as Sikh Dharma ministers. In systems of Numerology as described by the Siri Singh Sahib, 2008 equals 10, which relates to the Radiant Body, to majesty, and to Guru Gobind Singh, delivery and mastery.

1) As a Sikh Dharma Minister, how do you experience your Radiant Body (the 10th body, which gives you spiritual royalty and radiance) and how do you sustain it? What impact do you find you have through your Radiant Body?

2) What are you working on to master and deliver this year as a Sikh Dharma

Minister? Please explain.

3) The year 2008 marks the 300th anniversary of the installation of Siri Guru Granth

Sahib at Hazoor Sahib, India by the 10th Guru, Guru Gobind Singh. Please share a

short story of how the energy of Guru Gobind Singh has directly impacted your

life.

Sikh Dharma Minister Exam 2010

1) The Siri Singh Sahib often referenced and recited the 33rd Pauri of Japji:

AAKHAN JOR CHUPAI NAH JOR

JOR NA MANGAN DAYN NA JOR

JOR NA JEEVAN MARAN NAH JOR

JOR NA RAAJ MAAL MAN SOR

JOR NA SURTEE GI-AAN VEECHAAR

JOR NA JUGTEE CHHUTAI SANSAAR

JIS HATH JOR KAR VAYKHAI SO-AY

NAANAK UTAM NEECH NA KO-AY.

No power to be silent, no power to speak.

No power to beg, no power to give.

No power to die, no power to live.

No power lies in worldly might,

No power lies in worldly treasure.

They only increase your mental chatter.

No power to meditate or know the unknown,

No power to leave this world and go home.

One Power. One Actor. One Doer. One Known.

O Nanak! No one is higher or lower.

(Translation into English from the original Gurbani by Guruka Singh Khalsa)

How do you employ this Pauri in your Ministry?

2) One of the Sikh Dharma Minister’s Vows is: “We will always be ready to serve and will understand, being of God, that we will give a universal truth and not a personal or experimental truth.” (a) What does this vow mean to you and (b) how

do you deliver it?

3) This is a new decade. What do you want to see manifested through the Ministry over the next ten years?

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Date: June 01, 2011 01:21AM

[awayfromourheritage.blogspot.com]

Vast amount of data on Guru Nanak's Sikhs and their battle to maintain authenticity in the face of inroads from 3-HO

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Articles in the cache relating to dating outside of one's family background are non Sikh related. The language in the dating subsection can be very rough. Keep in mind that it is a matter of great anguish and deep loneliness when one is torn between the need to work and study abroad in unfamiliar cultures, while missing one's home and family and under pressure to achieve success and justify the family's sacrifices on ones behalf.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.