The Lord Our Righteousness Church
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: May 01, 2008 09:52AM

Another guy that thinks that he is The Messiah. It never ceases to amaze me.
[news.yahoo.com]

[strongcity.info]

Anybody ever heard of this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Lord Our Righteousness Church
Posted by: barbiedoll ()
Date: May 01, 2008 06:57PM

There was a programme showed on channel 4 (UK) a few months ago called the "End of the world cult" This cult were the stars of the show. [www.channel4.com]

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: May 02, 2008 08:36AM

That doc is posted here:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Coolhermit ()
Date: May 04, 2008 02:14AM

Thanks for posting the you tube vids - it never ceases to amaze me how otherwise intelligent humane folks (like Jeff in the vids would seem to be) are duped by these guys. Even when they twist and squirm and are clearly evasive those followers see that as a mark of thei leader's integrity.

I can only assume that they enter into a conceit of pride that somehow they are privvy to 'greater truths' than mere mortal humanity and that the instrument of that deception (their messiah/guru whatever) is worthy of worship as through his (unexamined/unproven) divine contacts he is able to elevate the followers from the humdrum reality of their mundane existences.

Shame about the kids though.

Posted by: Elisha ()
Date: May 14, 2008 10:45PM

"I can only assume that they enter into a conceit of pride that somehow they are privvy to 'greater truths' than mere mortal humanity"

Hermit,

Your assumption is about as accurate as putting this same judgement on the disciples of Christ. History has repeated itself. God has sent his Son, but the mob has made him into a criminal. Soon the mob will be left to the reward of the wicked.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.