Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: New Creation Fellowship (aka Christ As Life) - Denton, Texas
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 03, 2008 03:36AM

Search, you do not know me nor what motivates me to research these groups. Who are you and what interest do you have in trolling here and insulting me? Are you a Jesus Christian or one of their supporters?

Your name is Al Moody and you are a JC troll. I am writing the moderator to have you banned immediately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2008 03:45AM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 03, 2008 04:49AM

You have also posted here under the names, TheLambOfGod and AlAntony and have been banned again now, Al. Go be a troll somewhere else. You're a pain. Goodbye.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2008 05:11AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: boatn4life ()
Date: July 06, 2008 07:39AM

If one chooses to take the information and use it to try to discredit others maliciously or even make themselves feel more than they are, then I pity them. They will remain in a place of always trying judge themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, being trapped in folly and lacking in wisdom. My intention was to not bash my brothers and sisters who are hurting and in need of a doctor, but to simply state the facts. Some people think that by stating facts or confronting someone, you are judging in an unbiblical way. So instead, things are kept hidden and not talked about amongst each other and people remain hurting and deceived. They remain in some abstract idea of love, but instead are acting and reacting based on a guilty (yet appearing as loving) conscious. Yes of course, confronting can be done in a malicious way, but it is the intention of the heart that the Lord sees.

Posted by: wendyjduncan ()
Date: August 25, 2010 09:00AM

We have had several former members of this group join our support group. New Creation's doctrine is very similar to the Bible-based cult my husband and I were involved with. They recruit heavily from the college in Denton.

Posted by: molly koshatka ()
Date: September 05, 2010 03:04AM

I was a part of this group for ten years, and yes, it is a Bible-based cult, although when I was in it, I would have labeled anybody who told me so as a "persecutor of the message of the cross", or dismissed them as someone who did not have eyes to see the deep things that the spirit of God was doing in our group.
After leaving this group, led by Randy and Debbie Nusbaum, called ACTS (Accelerated Christian Training School), part of NFC (New Creation Fellowship) I went through one of the most difficult periods of my life. This was three years ago. After leaving the group and being forced to reckon with real life and society, I ended up at Wellspring Retreat Center in Ohio. There I was treated by Dr. Paul Martin, leading cult expert, for two weeks and was deprogrammed. I was suicidal, on medication, under psychiatric care, and I truly believe that without the professional help I received from him and others familiar with cults, like Doug and Wendy Duncan, I may not be here today. My marriage fell apart, and I have two siblings still in the group, one of which refuses to speak to me anymore because I am coming out with the truth of what goes on in that place. Despite all this, my own mother will not let me talk to her about my experience there, as she also has come under Randy Nusbaums spell. My family has chosen to believe that what I went through was a result of marital problems, and refuse to look at the big picture. But it is not going to stop me from speaking out about my experience at New Creation Fellowship.

To those who know anything about cults- it fits the mold. Controlling authority structure, we actually had to "check in" with someone in authority about everything, from what job we were to take, to whom we should date, to just about everything. (My decision making abilities were seriously lacking when I left). All this was written in a little handbook and given to prospective "recruits" at an orientation meeting. Yes, the group does recruit from the students at the University of North Texas. I had convinced a student to drop out of school and join the group. Most members of the group were students at one time. Pursuing a career or outside relationships are not encouraged, but service to the cult is not only encouraged, but expected, leaving the members trapped in poverty, as long hours of service without pay leave little time for anything else. The cult is an old fraternity house at the corner of West Prairie and Ave. G in Denton, Texas, with the words "ACTS" in blue on the front of the building. The cult owns the property across the street also. ALSO, Randy has purchased a 10-15 acre plot of land in Waco, Texas, which he named "Dove Ranch". The ranch was built up on the backs of students and church members, like everything else was, and I have been there several time. And yes, I do not put it past Randy and Debbie and the leadership of this cult to move down there if the going gets rough.

There is so much more that I could say about this group, but if you are reading this to find out if you or your child should be of part of this religious group, please heed this as a warning. Randy believes that he has had a "revelation of Christ" and as a result of this special knowledge/knowing of God does he assume his authority. He has no theological training, I do not even know if he has finished high school. Nor does he work, although he owns property and has his own home and travels "for the gospels sake". People give donations to support his ministry and his "message". His is a religious charlatan, and beware that in your pursuit of knowing the deeper things of God, you also may be brought under his spell. I was. And so were many others. I have met at least a dozen ex members of this group which have all shared similar stories with me.

Why did I leave? If you ask the people in the group, I hear it is said that I had a falling out with a sister in the Lord and became offended and was unable to forgive.....and that is why all these horrible things happened to me when I left. My own mother told me that.

In my words? We just got fed up with the abuse. We fall in the category of those called "walkaways" from cults. After years of serving and promises remaining unfulfilled and being under controlling and abusive authority, we finally threw in the towel. And I am so, so, so glad we did.

Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: September 28, 2010 07:43AM

bump

Posted by: wendyjduncan ()
Date: September 28, 2010 08:05AM

Thanks for posting, Molly. It takes a lot of courage to speak out against a cult, especially when you suffer repercusions such as shunning from your family members. What bothers me most about this group, New Creation Fellowship, led by Randy Nusbaum, is that they recruit college students from University of North Texas.

Hang in there!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.