boarding schools
Posted by: Nessa ()
Date: June 14, 2004 06:29AM

Hi, My name is Nessa and I am a past Mountain Park student. They are finally closed!!!

But, there are still so many other places opened like that one....so many kids getting abused, and being told that it is in Gods' name.

A friend of my step brothers was sent to an institution in Mexico called Casa By The Sea. I need info on that school, because I would like to discuss it with his parents, and I would like to know about it myself.

He came home from mexico looking tired, he didn't even have a tan, and he was very sullen...talking about how we couldn't say or do things around him. It wasn't normal. he used to be an outgoing, happy kid.

If you know anything, please let me know.

nessa

Options: ReplyQuote
boarding schools
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: June 14, 2004 09:16PM

Could it be one of the Opus Dei's schools? Try doing a Google search and search in Google groups too.

boarding schools
Posted by: acacias1 ()
Date: June 17, 2004 12:55AM

hi there:

if you go to www.vpp.com/teenhelp/tb.html, you can get information on casa by the sea and all the other 'tough love' schools run by these people. further google searches will lead you to links that are critical of same.

hope this is of help to you.
cheers, acacias

boarding schools
Posted by: Lakefield ()
Date: August 29, 2004 03:58PM

Hi Nessa.. Who sent him to Mexico? His parents? Maybe he got into drugs? There may be many possibilities and it might not be due to the dorm he stayed in. Just more thought.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.