Who's the new candidate for Messiah?
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: July 08, 2002 03:09AM

Lubavitch set up a hotline and hired a psychiatrist to give grief counseling around the time their Grand Rabbi died. It was advertised in a major Jewish newspaper.
I called up the line. As all of you know by now if you've read my other posts, I've been wanting to neutralize this group for years. I started asking a lot of pointed, nosy questions.
The counselor was taken aback at how much I knew about Chabad. Anyway, I tried to get some pertinent info from him.
I asked the counselor that it Rabbi Schneershoh is dead and is no longer capable of being the Moshiach, who is the current candidate? He gave me the name of a prominent rabbi in the NY area.
Well, I know people who know that rabbi and they've told me that he's scared to death because of what happened at Chabad and he wants nothing to do with being tagged as "potential messiah".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who's the new candidate for Messiah?
Posted by: indoroids ()
Date: May 04, 2009 07:55AM

nobody know the next candidate
that's part of mystery of God

Posted by: jah ()
Date: May 05, 2009 01:01AM

What happened at Chabad that you are referring to? They are quite active in my city and always advertising programs, getting press, and sending e-mails out.

Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: May 06, 2009 01:51AM

What I am referring to is how the movement got fissured after the late Rabbi MM Schneerson died and how some people, the Boreinuniks, think he was God incarnate. Plus how Rabbi Moshe Yess claims that the Rebbe is not dead but is " hidden and will yet be revealed again."

Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: May 13, 2009 09:35PM

Here is an interesting discussion on the Frum Satire website on the topic, which, by the way has some hilarious material.
are-folks-who-believe-the-rebbe-is-the-moshiach-really-apikorsim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.