Current Page: 13 of 24
Re: The Christ Family
Posted by: saintmark ()
Date: December 31, 2009 02:56PM

Hi, this is saintmark, escaped from the cult of the christ family. I will be around here on my computer and when I get time I'd like to keep in touch with others like me that walked barefoot in the "white robe". I live in Nebraska now, originally from California. It's been a long time since I went to the colorado river to see amen, but I still have challenges dealing with the effects of those experiences while in the group. That's why I am so lucky to have found this forum, it is part of the healing process to share and heal together with those so greatly affected. Like I said I'll be around, I'm not going anywhere, just have a lot of responsibility. I'll write more and reply soon. I think this forum is interesting and of great value to help anyone needing more understanding and love.
Mark Robinson
Nebraska, USA

Mark

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: privateperson ()
Date: January 05, 2010 03:20AM

Hi just plain Mark,

I hope you figured out that you are not a Saint...LOL I am glad to hear that you got out, "escaped" is a really good word to describe that. I am also glad to hear that you have a lot of responsibilties, because to me that means security, roots, the thing that we never had in CF. God Bless you, and congrats on your recovery. I too carry some residue, but as many years go by, and I educate myself, it is easier to shake off that BS, and see it for what it is.

Happy New Year, everyone.

PP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2010 03:21AM by privateperson.

Posted by: Discerner ()
Date: February 23, 2010 04:51AM

Mark, even though you may still have some residual psychological damage from the Lightning Amen cult, over time with proper counseling and assoications, this will fade into the background.

First of all, get over the belief that "walking in the wind" has anything to do with the way Jesus Christ lived with His Disciples, or the way the early Church lived. Sure, Jesus and His disciples walked from village to village within Israel, but that was because it was the only mode of transporation available to them at the time. Romans owned the horses - not Jews. Furthermore, he didn't walk barefoot - leather sandals were used by the Jews. Jesus and the Disciples ate fish - remember, Jesus even roasted a fish for supper after His resurrection. The Disciples were fishmeman. There is nothing stating that they did not partake of the meat and food available to the general Jewish population as long as it was Kosher. They certainly knew nothing about vegetarianism, and God commanded imperfect men in Genesis to kill and eat animals (in their fallen state, men need the animal protein not available eslewhere). No materialism? Peter lived with his wife in a house with his mother-in-law. Jesus may not have owned a home, but most likely lived in different dwellings with his followers. He owned clothes, shoes, and personal posessions. He didn't turn over everything to some cult leader and call it "no materialism." Turning over everything to a cult leader is stupidity, not unmaterialistic. Paul lived as a tent maker, earned a living, and probably owned a home - he was a Roman citizen of some consequence. As far as "no killing" goes, Jesus told his followers that if they didn't already own a sword, then go and buy one (for protection). See for instance, Luke 22:

35 And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

No sex? As I said, Peter was married, and Paul had probably been widowed. Jesus remained celibate, but only because He foreknew that His early death would not be conducive for raising a family. God's command is to go forth and multiply, and the two shall be one. Of course, sexual pressure is a tool used by cult leaders to control their flocks - especially when the cult leaders are enjoying sex with any number of cult members!

Look, Mark, you were deceived as were many others. Cults thrive on deception and twisting God's Word. My suggestion would be to buy a Bible and read it for yourself, without the "interpretation" from Lightning and his cohorts. There is life beyond destructive cults - and you are beginning to see it.

Posted by: mazinaw ()
Date: February 25, 2010 04:11PM

Ive noticed that there are a few threads on the CF in this 4um
could they be linked somehow?
This could be applied to other topics like Rajneesh etc.
This way members, ex-members, ppl just interested, or researchers can easily find all the info.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 25, 2010 07:25PM

No.

But anyone can find any topic of interest simply by searching for it.

See [forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: inthewind ()
Date: March 07, 2010 02:32AM

Amen passed last night.

Posted by: privateperson ()
Date: March 08, 2010 03:23AM

Good riddance to bad rubbish

Posted by: thethirdj ()
Date: March 08, 2010 12:09PM

Now that Amen is dead, we can all close that chapter in our live's. I finally have closure and do not worry about him finding me or trying to do anything to my family.

Posted by: inthewind ()
Date: March 08, 2010 11:34PM

I can't believe you could say something like that. Wheres your heart?

Posted by: marrgaret ()
Date: March 09, 2010 12:41AM

oh i wish i had a informant . oh well let me take a stab at it ::there is the sound in the background "wailing and nashing of teeth",the is the nagging doubt::the fear ;;what do we do.oh no god just died>jeasus left and didnt do nothing he said hed do.damn damn damn .next will come the epic struggle :who will be the next holy one. they will fight like cats and dogs over this one. someone will win and the show will go on The gig is to sweet to die::Amen was getting to be too much of a liability.I wouldnt be surprized if they did him in he was starting to stink real bad.too how sad. I wonder if the sisters put him in a hole somewhere and right now are waiting for him to crawl back out..what a party that would be

Current Page: 13 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.