Posted by: inthewind ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:04AM

We are all supposed to be His family.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Christ Family
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:32AM

inthewind:

Many cult groups have made such claims. And Jesus said that many would come in his name, but he would not know them.

So the claim that "Christ Family" is somehow "His family" seems like little more than a self-serving claim.

And based upon the destructive behavior recounted on this thread, which has been attributed to the group, it doesn't appear very "Christ" like at all.

Jesus also advised that believers should judge a tree by its fruit.

Bad apples apparently have grown on the "Christ Family" tree, which would once again tend to discredit the group and its claims.

Posted by: Brother Elijah ()
Date: June 30, 2009 02:07AM

I do not own a car, house or computer. this is a friends computer.
I was only trying to calm the fears of those who are relatives or friends and family to members who have joined the CF. And to give both side of the story. Its not fair that just those who mock , scorn should be heard. There is always 2 sides to a story, and I have a free thinking mind and an open mind. I was only giving my
opinion and adding these comments to assure people can hear both sides, and hopefully I pray calm the fears, of those who have valid questions, who have posted on this site. And I am very glad to help in any way i can. And I speak it it because I was a member
CF and witnessed all the things. They are non-violent. They are not a suicide cult. And even though I know many label them to be a cult, they are not. They are different, but they are not people you have to fear. And also I personnally know all or most of the members.

Now as far as the so called mission statement? No Killing. No sex, and No materialism/. That is not the mission statement, but what we call the Keys to Heaven, which is the guidelines to the life style
that CF live. Its the walk of holy men, the few who have given up all things and walked, ie:(Jesus his Disciples, Buddah, Mohammad, Moses and all those whom are considered to have been the the founders of these different religions. They gave up the things of this world and at the times they walked they were mocked and scorned, but also they were loved, by many who encountered them in on their walk, Many at the time did'nt or could not believe in them. Jesus said Mankind knows many things about most subjects, but they don't know the time of their own calling. Maaany shall be Called but few shall be chosen. And since so few will go take the walk what's the point. Well I can tell you that that its a simple joy to meet other people whether they agree or not. If people would unite instead of divide themselfs as this world is divided already and not united together. And find common ground we would'nt have so many problems and mis-understandings. And We all would have a greater power to change things standing united together. But this is not the case, just look around. People who have power whether it be religious , a monarchy or as in the USA democracy, cannot rule over us if we are United. They only have the power because all are divided against each other and fighting each other. Not seeing the common ground we all stand on
So they keep their power by keeping every one divided and confused.

Date: June 30, 2009 04:03AM

Brother Elijah:

Apparently you have come here as an apologist for "Christ Family."

Frankly, much of you what you say comes across as typical cult-like thinking.

The idea that the group is somehow "chosen" and that what appears to be warranted criticism of the group, is somehow evidence of being "divided against each other and fighting" etc.

This is just an attempt to dismiss criticism you don't like.

Rather than being "divided and confused" people that have posted critical comments here, seem to have legitimate concerns about the "life style" of the group, as reflected by its behavior and history.

Part of living within a democracy is the free exchange of ideas.

Posted by: Brother Elijah ()
Date: June 30, 2009 04:56AM

Yes, i agree if I may speak and we can respond and exchange ideas, Why would I apoligize for speaking my heart and mind? We all have free will. And we all have a common knowlege of things, no matter the subject being talked about. Its only when one side of the story is told or allowed to be heard , when the deception begins. If both sides of an issue are allowed to be heard, printed and discussed then we all can make your own free will choices. So if only negative things can only be spoken here concerning any group whether it be the Christ Family or any other without rebuttal
that seems one sided to me. As soon as a good thing is said from be it in defense or in my case a member who has witnessed it or any who would speak the other side of the story. SO and I'm assumming this is Rick Ross the moderater and my intentions are only to give answers where I can and explain as clearly as possible What the Christ Family really does do and believe in an compassionate way as possible. That seems fair, many here are seeking information about Loved ones who have posted here. And if some of the questions can be answered. All Glory to God.

Date: June 30, 2009 05:26AM

Brother Elijah:

You may post here within the rules, which you agreed to initially.

Attempting to denigrate those who post criticism of the group by labeling them negatively "confused," "divided" or "fighting" is a violation of the rules.

If you continue along these lines you will be banned from the message board.

When people disagree with you it isn't "deception," they simply think that you are wrong.

So far your posts don't come across as "compassionate," but rather arrogant, condescending and very biased.

Posted by: non-hobbit ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:55PM

B. Elijah,
If you personally know all or most of the members and are trying to help calm the fears of the people who've posted on this site (and who have family members in the CF), why don't you address them directly and let them know how their loved ones are doing or where they were last seen? Preferably happy & well? That would be an extremely loving act of selflessness.

Or you could keep regurgitating text from the bible without any real emotion or resolution whatsoever.

Also, for the record, I agree with no killing, vegetarianism and no war. That is a beautiful concept. Given that that's the strongest key left for your group, I think we're *almost* in agreement here. Weird, no?

Date: July 01, 2009 12:11AM

Brother Elijah has been banned from the message board.

In my opinion he was here to help the group, not anyone concerned about family members.

Any information share with such a person might later be relayed to the group through him.

Apparently the group has concerns about people discussing them through this message board thread, which is readily accessible to the general public through a Google search.

Posted by: inthewind ()
Date: July 01, 2009 01:39AM

"The group" doesn't all think totally alike. Each of us has our own perspective on things just as all people do. Noah once said "It's like you're on a boat and each looking out a different porthole. You just are seeing things differently. It's not that you're 'wrong'." I don't think Amen would be trying to hide anything from anyone.

Date: July 01, 2009 01:43AM

inthewind:

Please detail for those following this thread on what key issues of any importance group members disagree, which would objectively illustrate the different perspective on things that you claim exists.

Current Page: 5 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.