Current Page: 3 of 24
Re: The Christ Family
Posted by: inthewind ()
Date: March 31, 2009 04:43AM

I just wanted to correct something on my previous comment. I only "heard" that Amen said that the Christ Family would last 17 years, and that it did. I personally didn't hear him say that, but another brother may very well have heard that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hugo ()
Date: May 01, 2009 06:32AM

In the wind,
I walked in the wind in 74-75 with Mirian, Frederick, Bartholomew, Gabriel...and spent much time with Lightning and Cher in the dessert camp. After taking off the robe, never again saw anyone from the Christ Family.
For the last 35 years have kept this period to myself, and still drift into so many vivid memories. Recently was sent a book written by a sister, and still don't know who sent it to me, but after reading it, googled lightning, and found this site. Would love to hear more about the current activities of Lightning, Cher, Martha, Gabriel,Richard,...is their stil a Christ Family?

Posted by: thefissher ()
Date: May 19, 2009 03:13AM

While some of the information posted about this group aligns with my knowledge, some of it does not click. "The Land" and Colorado border ie : Taos area are certainly something I know about. At the time I became acquainted with the Amen Brothers (lightning amen?) they did not have white robes, rather blue sweats were the norm for the various compounds they hung out at. They had a logo that was taken from the show Star Trek. Charlie who was referred to as Captain, and the rest of the crew. They represented themselves as bikers for God, and had a chain of command not unlike other motorcycle organizations i have been around.

Are they violent? While they never threatened me or mine in any way, they certainly had a way of making things known that they would TCB. Why else would one need "enforcers". For anyone who thinks that its all about free will, im going to have to differ. Perhaps if you are just another mouth to feed it is about freedom, but if you have skills and ability, they certainly can make a very very serious attempt at keeping you where they want or need you.

Time to drop a few names so we can find out if this is in fact the same people. Nate, and a then there was a child Eman. Eman was born to who i was introduced to as Captains wife through immaculate conception. But when he stood beside Steve'O there wasnt a way in my mind that i could say anything other than it was Steve'O's kid. Eyebrows and all....

While i hold my Faith in God very close and am open to the fact that Christ my well be already walking this earth, i can say that Charlie, Captain, or what ever you want to call him was as far from a Christ like individual as one could be.
Swilling alcohol, smoking weed, and bearing false witness as well as the inability to quote the bible when asked about specific areas just reinforced my view that he was not who he claimed to be.

I remember a young woman who came and went in the time i was doing business with the brothers, i dont remember her name, but she was from Texas, and drove an old Chevy p/u. At any rate she just vanished. While i cant venture a guess on what happened to her, it was said that she had been sent to "The Land" I hope for Gods sake she did not come into harms way.

If your interested in the Amen Brothers, my words to you would be short and sweet. Find something, or some other group, but don't go near them if you value your freedom and your God.

Date: May 19, 2009 09:01AM

"Captain" was Noah, not Amen.

Date: May 20, 2009 11:13AM

So what your telling me is that Noah was representing himself as the leader of the group in New Mexico and he wasnt the leader? Its funny, because I remember distinctly that Captain was refered to as Charlie not Noah andif i heard it once i heard it a hundred times. Now its written here that Charlie is Amen by people who know or knew them. This is just another reason why im so glad i chose not to have anything other than a few business dealings with the group. Clearly being Christ like is not the general realm of reality for the group. Telling someone what ever they need to, to aquire what goods or the needs are at the time is. Quite sad that i see folks here remembering the good ole days and yearning to rejoin them or wishing at any rate. How anyone could even consider being a part of the lies and manipulation these people represent is beyond me. Unless its not of their own free will.

I have done searches in the past trying to find the Amen Brothers again, not to communicate like ole friends but hopefully to find a place where i could voice my concern and find out about this young lady i mentioned. Since the Amen Brothers was just another BS title i had no luck. It was the way in which i searched this time that I found this site. And thank you Mr. Ross for the opportunity to at least speak my mind.

I still havent been able to solve the real reason for my concern though. The young lady who dissapeared. She was i guess causing problems, you know serious stuff like not wanting to wear a dress in the middle of winter with 3 ft of snow. Another serious breech was the fact that she was hungry and accepted a burrito (bean and cheese). Her truck remained at the compound in Pecos that the brothers were tearing down, but she just disappeared. Knowing the foul way in which women in general were treated i still have great concern for her well being. While i never spoke of it to anyone in the "what ever their name is today family" she was trying to find a way to get her truck and get out. While i visited one day i pulled her to the side told her to get her keys and leave while i was there so st least i could provide her with immediate protection. But the keys and her will seemed to be missing. Its my opinion she was scared to death, even with me there to try to make a break for it. And now hearing that they "brothers" have issues with guns, its starting to make sense to me.

If there is anyone in the "whatever its called today group" I would like some answers as to where the woman went. That is if you have the cajones for it. And I doubt any of you do, being a real man require's upright walking and the ability to think for yourself.

Again I warn anyone intrested, these people are not Christian oriented. They represent the problems in the world not the answers to the problem. It all looks groovy when they are trying to get to you. But trust me when the rubber hits the road YOU are less than nothing. When your value to them declines, or you represent possible problems or exhibit free will. They will cast you aside like rock in the garden.

Date: May 22, 2009 06:35AM

Maybe if you had stayed or hung out longer you would have seen that it wasn't and isn't the way you think it all was.

Date: May 22, 2009 09:18PM

inthewind
Maybe if you had stayed or hung out longer you would have seen that it wasn't and isn't the way you think it all was.

So maybe while playing football out in the field I landed in a bunch of bull shyt and i use your logic and decide that if I keep playing and rolling around more i wont spread it around or get more on me. You just popped the one thing that anyone in the world would expect from someone who wasnt thinking clearly or had some sort of forced ideaology going on in their life. Maybe you didnot read my posts. I think you did. Golly gee, if i put my head in the oven a dozen times and the oven wasnt on, i can rest assured that this time the gas isnt on. I more or less said that your people there, treat women like less than human. Drugs, alcohol are more or less worshiped. And dont gimme the bull crap about used to be. Because one fool cant handle a drink or handle drugs means everyone quit shyt either. You and i both know thats simply to keep truth from reaching the ears of the feds and those who might be like you, and are inable to say no to someone with bad intentions.

Nothing i saw in the dealings i had with the who ever they wanna call themselves today people had anything remotely appealing. On the contrary i saw the signs of abuse, neglect and quite literaly brain washing. I saw people who were in more administrative positions so to speak, violate their own laws and rules and then deny others the same pleasures ie: eating meat, food cooked with lard, deny that they were following the new mesiah or mesiah incarnate, wearing other than approved clothing because it was freakin cold. No inthewind you have the exact response that someone who has something to hide would say.

Maybe if i had stayed longer i could have got involved with the feds and taken the leaders down sooner is what im hearing and seeing and thinking. And anyone in their right mind, who has or had the ability to get the afore mentioned people involved today would likely be doing a brand new group of people and probably some old a big favor. Love does not have to hurt, feel uncomfortable, or be denied life sustaining qualities. But the one thing it should never be and thats painfull! Hemet Claifornia... i wonder how many of the what ever they call themselves today group have medical use permits... quit doing drugs and alcohol my ass.

Date: June 08, 2009 10:08AM

inthewind

So you said things werent like I was saying... yet when I lay factual information out, you clam up and ignore.

Proove me wrong, tell us all how it really is...

I am waiting. Oh so very patiently.

Date: June 09, 2009 09:47AM

I saw the Lord in Noah. Maybe you didn't. To me it was a beautiful miracle because I knew Amen.

Date: June 14, 2009 12:06PM

didn'twearshoeseither
My family was involved with the Christ Family for 15 years or more. I was moved to the desert, bathed in the river and begged for food when I was 3. I have very vivid memories of those days. Living with rattle snakes and wearing "white robes". I was eventually sent to live with my uncle and was separated from my parents while they were "on the road" to enlightenment. It is my understanding that during that time my father was shooting up and doing multiple drugs under the pretense that they were spreading gods word. We were involved with them through 1997 ish. I eventually talked some sense into my mother and she finally got out! My father never recovered he threw his whole life away on a lie. It ruined our life. It took many years for recovery. I am familiar with many individuals who were in the cult, especially those who spent any amount of time at "the land" in New Mexico across the colorado boarder. They did nothing but take and use our family.

So sorry to hear about the destruction these crackhead fakes caused you and your family. Did you know anything about the motel in pecos they tore down and hauled the materials to the land?

Current Page: 3 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.