Current Page: 2 of 24
Re: The Christ Family
Posted by: annadiana ()
Date: November 12, 2008 08:50AM

i too walked barefoot, dressed in a white sheet, with a t-shirt on my head (which changed to a white diaper when Sarah came into the family) a litte white tote sack and a sleeping bag. many,many years on the road. Living no killing, no sex, no materialism. i am now living in colorado and often want to see again those i met living the same life. i have spent time with some but not for about 3 years now. Hope all is well with you and yours God Bless, Anna

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 12, 2008 09:04AM

dear teresa'sdaughter i lived the christ family way in the 70's and 80's. i spent time every now and then with a sister named teresa. i do soo believe i knew your mother. if you would, do you know who she spent most of her christ family life with? with your mothers passing, God has one more angel in heaven to watch over us. take care God bless you and yours,,,,,,Anna

Posted by: inthewind ()
Date: December 14, 2008 11:21AM

Hi Anna! That Teresa is the Teresa who rode with Broncs Richard.

Posted by: inthewind ()
Date: December 15, 2008 04:22AM

I just want to say that I was in the Christ Family. In the white robe days, before everything flipped, Amen was SO beautiful. He was not involved in drugs or sex or any wierd space. I could only see Him as the Lord. He said once: "If you see this (physical body) doing cartwheels saying 'sex', 'sex', 'sex', you book the other way cause I'm not in there." He also said that the Christ Family would exist for 17 years. 17 years after Amen began walking, everything flipped. He began doing drugs, sex began happening, and the robes came off. Just before that happened, another brother who was staying in another town, was sick and asked for brothers or sisters help. No one wanted to leave Amen. He got mad and said if it was Him who was sick, we'd all be wanting to help out. Just after that things all changed. I always saw that he became 'ugly' so we would leave him and find God inside ourselves. I also know that he sort of remained the same because the people in prison called him 'Pa' and he was made a trustee. I think that some of the other inmates saw him as the Lord. We all went back into the world. Some had families, and some stayed around Amen during the 'speed' days, 'sex' days, and 'drinking' days. It was crazy, and I'm often glad that I wasn't there, but those brothers and sisters who were, still saw the Lord in him even through all the insane stuff that went on. Now Amen is no longer doing any of those things, even smoking weed. Brothers and sisters are re-connecting with each other. Some are putting white robes on again and hitting the wind. I don' know why all that happened the way it did, but the beauty of the life of Christ seems to be being restored with greater understanding and depth. Only God really knows. I'm just in faith in God. Amen once said that the road is on the inside. He also once said, before the robes came off, "Everyone KNOWS I'm back, I don't care if you're deep in a cave somewhere."

Date: December 16, 2008 01:39PM

RIGHT ON SISTER DEBORAH!

Posted by: ohjohn ()
Date: January 05, 2009 05:04AM

I did my tour in 1975. Had prayed to put the bottle down. Ended up replacing it with smoking grass. I'd just turned 21 so figured it was a sign. Figured I was like a Boy scout walking barefooted with Tender feet trying to be an Eagle. Rode freight train through the Big Easy. Finding other members along the way. Camping in Avocadoe Groves in Florida,(which are all built up over). Mt. Shasta was cool with the Park Ranger getting all upset with us not having a fire permit. It was a trip which took me years to recover from. Finding a thread like this may help others get past their fears.

Posted by: PhilipG ()
Date: January 26, 2009 02:02AM

Hi, Hope you got my message new to this forum and hope to write to you, Phil

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 26, 2009 08:23PM

Do not post contact information on this message board. It is against the rules.

There is a pivate messaging system.

Posted by: D. Yoda ()
Date: February 21, 2009 06:54AM

Both of my parents walked in the robes back in the 70's 80's preaching the three keys to the kingdom of heaven (no killing, no sex, no materialism)....The Christ family stopped walking in robes in the late 80's but are still pretty much together today....Only a handful have started walking in the robe again....I got to meet Amen when I was about fourteen....My parents and I moved out to Hemet where I began going to school....Amen is a really nice man when he isn't drunk which i believe they have all stopped drinking now....He claims to be Jesus and or God, to be honest I don't really know anymore...I used to believe he was when I lived out there but anymore I don't...Alot of people have misconceptions about everyone out there but no one is brainwashed into anything its all free will...and thats not true what that person said about Amen not letting people read the bible... And yes that is true he was charged with child molestation, idk if he was convicted or not but I'm pretty sure that what the girls said was true cuz he would do and say crazy mean things when he was drunk and he was drunk like every weekend until they stopped drinking...I haven't had any mistreatmeant by Amen or any members of the Christ family...I know them all really well and they are pretty cool people...well most of them anyway...I am glad tho that I don't live out there anymore because if I did I would have never came to the realization that he isn't god...but yeah if anyone has any questions on anything I said or didn't say I will be glad to answer to the best of my knowledge... :)

Posted by: D. Yoda ()
Date: February 21, 2009 06:58AM

Idk if my posting went through :(

Current Page: 2 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.