Current Page: 20 of 24
Re: The Christ Family
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 08, 2013 11:17PM

There are contradicting beliefs that run through the group, which tend to clash.

Like most religious groups, there is a belief in love, and even a song "Love over all things love," however there is a harsh rejection of alternative beliefs or ideas.

This is of course a tool of any exclusive group, which assures that the member maintains his/her idealogical prison. Breaking outside of the approved parameters of thought will result in spiritual catastrophe. Most group members i encountered were like the one you described.

They keep fragments of their past religious/spiritual beliefs and make it fit the parameters of the Christ Family.

Here is an essay that might be interesting to readers.

A small quotation.

"State the obvious

To begin with, try pointing out the blindingly obvious. Only do it i-n-c-r-e-d-i-b-l-y s-l-o-w-l-y and with an air of superior wisdom. The technique works best if your pronouncements focus on one of life’s big themes, such as love, money and death. So, for example:

We were all children once
Money can’t buy you love
Death is unavoidable

State the obvious in a sufficiently earnest way, perhaps following up with a pregnant pause, and you may find others begin to nod in agreement, perhaps murmering “Yes, how very true that is”.

Contradict yourself

A second technique is to select words with opposite or incompatible meanings and cryptically combine them in what appears to be a straightforward contradiction. Here are a few examples:

Sanity is just another kind of madness
Life is a often a form of death
The ordinary is extraordinary

Such sentences are interpretable in all sorts of ways and can easily appear profound."

The entire thing can be read here.

[stephenlaw.blogspot.com]

Shame can derail analytical thinking.

"Keeping you in line with shame" (Language on this essay is raunchy, but it contains a lot of useful into.

6 Brainwashing Techniques They're Using On You ... - Cracked.comSep 23, 2008 ... Keeping You In Line With Shame I won several formal debates in college ... 6
Brainwashing Techniques They're Using On You Right Now.
www.cracked.com/article_16656_6-brainwashing-techniques-theyre-using- you-right-now_p2.html - 80k - Cached - Similar pages

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ohjohn ()
Date: November 24, 2013 02:40PM

just checking being gone from a spell. Understand 2 yrs. of post are gone. This was a good site to pick-up on others stories that had gone through the same ordeal. best way to reach a disease is to find one that is able to share about it. Not that many had had this particular one...

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 22, 2013 07:18PM

It is against the rules of this message board to post contact information such as phone numbers, email addresses, etc.

There is a private messaging system for contacting members of the board.

Do not post contact information.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 09, 2014 08:58PM

Data lost through a backup failure some months ago has now been restored to this message board.

This board is also now open for indexing by search engines such as Google.

Information posted on the board should soon be appearing in searches as this is a public resource.

The data recovered and restored included many individual posts and some threads.

Lost membership registratio was not restored. Old members not currently listed must register as new members again in order to become active members of the message board.

Date: June 10, 2014 06:55AM

Happened onto a book authored by Todd D. Bennett. Walk in the Light Series Restoration An Examination of Pagan Influences in Christianity and the Need for Scriptural Restoration.
Have only met one other that had walked with this family. He and his wife traveled to Israel attempting to become citizens. Have been involved with the masons. Recently been studying with a Methodist church among other churches while working out of town. Even attended a non-denominational where I had a strange sensation which was explained as the Holy Ghost. Have started a Vegan diet again. Checked some on the 7th day church. While I'm on the tread mill before starting my day I listen to a preacher.
Could go on and should keep a better inventory on this pilgrimage of life

Posted by: texas1977 ()
Date: December 10, 2014 11:06AM

Hi all, I just found this thread as I was looking for information about a guy I met in 1978 I believe, in a small town in south Texas. He was walking barefoot, white rove, carrying a sleeping bag and a can of tobacco. Long hair, beard, you know, the Jesus look... He was saying the same thing about the 3 keys for heaven that have been shared here. And that he had met Jesus, who was apparently alive today (1978).

I was hitch-hiking in Sierra Blanca, we spent a day talking about spritual things, caught a ride together (crazy drunk drivers) and we had to part to continue our trip. I think he was heading to Florida.

A big shot in the dark, I know, but if anyone would know about him, I'd like to know what happened to him. Any idea, please let me know!

Regards,

Andre

Date: December 10, 2014 08:47PM

It will be interesting to see if anyone replies. In 1978 I was in a drug rehabilitation humanizing program during the blizzard of that year. Coming from a mental health hospital in Toledo. Joined the cult in Florida in 1975. Learned how to walk barefoot eat out of garbage cans jump on trains etc.
As I mentioned in the last entry the only other member I've ever had contact with is the man who was on a radio broadcast. He'd been deprogrammed and has led a wonderful life. I've felt meeting him and this site , also other life events and time has led me to a gracious life.

Posted by: chlew ()
Date: February 02, 2015 06:58PM

Hi, I'm researching the way cults change their members psychology in my EPQ, if anyone would feel comfortable answering 10 questions about their own/ someone they know's experience in a cult please fill out my survey: [www.surveymonkey.com]. There is no registration required its free and everyone will be able to remain 100% anonymous. This would be so helpful to my research, thank you!!!

Posted by: mike1969 ()
Date: April 28, 2016 01:56PM

I think it might have been my dad Greg. He was killed in texas that year while walking down a highway with two other dudes.

He was from spokane washington, and had left two kids and a wife and flew the coop with group.

Would be a trip if you hung out with him, would be interesting to hear what he was up to in his last little bit of life...

Date: October 25, 2016 09:36PM

accomplished a feat I've wanted to do for years. Traveled to Hot Springs Arkansas. Went to library and looked up an old newspaper January 6 1976. there i was on the front page with an article about John Christ. Now I'm hoping to contact the other citizens named and apologize, thank them for their prayers for my recovery.

Current Page: 20 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.