Information on cult known as "Final Exit"
Posted by: JoFaye ()
Date: April 13, 2004 04:33AM

I am a Reference Librarian and a patron has called and asked for information on a cult in Louisiana, known as Final Exit. Her granddaughter has joined and she is very concerned and would like any information available.

I apologize in advance if I have used this forum incorrectly, but please help me, help her.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Templar ()
Date: April 13, 2004 01:05PM

Havent seen anything but that doesnt mean they dont exist. As for the proper use of this Forum joFay, you hit the nail on the head.

You came to the right place and welcome.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 13, 2004 09:40PM

[www.lagoodnews.com]

Another article

[www.lagoodnews.com]

Advice to you and your patron for further Google searches:

The group that sponsors this event may operate outside of Louisiana. And you want to find out who they are, and whether they are affiliated with any Christian denomination or are a freelance church. Because, when you find out who they are, who their pastor is, your client can contact various seminaries in the area to see if they know how this group ticks and the best way to respond if a loved one is entangled with them.

To fine tune your Google search:

1) Be aware that 'Final Exit' will generate thousands of references to stuff you dont need--especially references to 'Final Exit' a book by Derek Humphry, on euthanasia. You want a way to eliminate citations to stuff you dont need. Here's what your client can do:

In the 'without the words' slot of the Google
Advanced Search menu, put 'Derek Humphry'. That way, further searches will *exclude* references to the manual on euthanasia, which generates most of the Google citations for 'Final Exit'.

Doing this will reduce the number of citations your patron must cope with.

2) In 'the exact phrase ' slot, put 'Final Exit'

3) In the 'all words slot' you can experiment. Try a search with 'hell', and see what you get. Try another search with 'Christian' and see what comes up. Try an additional search with 'ministry' and see what you get.

This should give you a cluster of articles.

4) Next, go to 'groups' on Google, go to 'advanced search' and use this same strategy. A Google groups search will enable your patron to study what is being discussed on the many listserve discussion groups for Google.

Use all this to identify the pastor/s, the name of the church sponsoring Final Exit (the name of the play and the church may be different), what their history is, what their track record is.

Then, your patron can begin searching other discussion groups on Yahoo, MSN and query seminaries and pastors in the area where this group is located.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.