I'm Still Recovering from my Last Trip to Israel/Carlebach
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: September 29, 2007 03:45AM

When I lost my job as a computer programmer/analyst at Con Ed, I was a member of the Carlebach Shul. Rabbis Sammy Intrator and Yeshua Witt (Chief Carlebach Rabbi's West and East respectively) had a meeting and decided to ship me to Yeshua Witt's house in Jerusalem. They said it with a grain of salt. I went to my impending doom.
I didn't go to Israel to find a job, I knew I couldn't. I went there to die. I had so many problems working with non-Jewish co-workers that I couldn't handle it anymore.
When Shlomo Carlebach died I was working at Con Ed and told my co-workers about him. My Uncle Irving Green (author of Judaism on the Web) was appalled that " spoke about a Chasidic Rabbi in Corporate NYC?" That's probably why I was fired wasn't it Rick Ross?
While in Israel, I was at Heritage House, Diaspora Yeshiva, Aish Hatorah, etc. I was run out of every orthodox run youth hostel as per my complaining about Yeshua Witt's messing around with women like Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach did.
Meir Shuster looked me over scrupulously as I got permission to stay at his Hostel, Heritage House. Jeff Seidel hooked me up repeatedly with some Rhiziner Chasid for Sabbosim. Eventually the Chasid told me, "You need to work on your appearance." One week I didn't get to go out for a Sabbath and went home without a dinner.
I believe these rabbis are a big problem and that people sending their children over to Israel should be briefed on them and know what obstacles their family's might run into. My family has had enough problems over all of this garbage. These rabbis and "outreach workers" should find a better way to earn a living than to mess up the rest of us.

Options: ReplyQuote
I'm Still Recovering from my Last Trip to Israel/Carlebach
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: September 29, 2007 04:07AM

I just hope that all of my aggravation is useful to the rest of the people who come to this board. I am working on getting back on my feet again and I think it's doable. I have been working on writing a lot about my experiences in a book I'm entitling "Recovery from Mental Illness - a Faith Based Approach."

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.