Cultic group in Canada
Posted by: counselor47 ()
Date: September 26, 2007 08:27PM

Does anyone have any information on cults in Ontario? Are there any counselors, support groups, etc. in that area?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cultic group in Canada
Posted by: Sunny1 ()
Date: October 27, 2008 10:10AM

Dear Counselor 47,

I do have some good knowledge on cults in Ontario. The cults I am educated on are mainly affecting the Indo-Canadian specifically Punjabi-Canadian cult. There are people like Hari Nam Singh Khalsa (www.kundalinicanada.com) who have been using the shield of Sikhism to bring people to Yogi Bhajan's traditions. This mainly affects Punjabi children. Many Punjabi children go to his Yoga classes and start to follow Yogi Bhajan's cult form of Sikhism and start t dress in white. They break up from their families and many of their parents cannot communicate with them effectively because they may be new to Canada and not be able to speak English well. I have seen Hari Nam Singh Khalsa's Yoga classes before and he continues to preach Yogi Bhajan's teachings as the true form of Sikhism. There are other cults which all have been formed by the same original believes of the Rhadasoami cult. The Rhadasoami cult originated from Punjab India. Punjab India is the birthplace of the religion Sikhism and it is where many Sikhs live. Also there are many Sikhs located abroad.

When watching the documentary I found that Fulong Gong may have been wrongly prosecuted in China however many of the principles and teachings are the cult are quite similar to that of the Rhadasoami cult. They believe in meditating on Inner Light and Sound Current. This means that they think after receiving their Master's blessing or somehow they can start to see actual clouds and light when they close their eyes and hear melodic sounds. The beliefs of the Rhadasoami cults use the Sikh teachings in the Sikh Holy book the Guru Granth Sahib to preach their beliefs. Excerpts from the Guru Granth Sahib are taken out of context and it is implied that one must find a living Guru in life, and that there are things like inner light and sound. The belief of Naad or sound current has been common in India philosophy for centuries. To understand it, it is referred to as the Word from which the creation came. I believe similar beliefs are in Christianity. Sikhism and the Sikh Gurus did not preach any inner sound current that can be heard by an inner ear from a master's blessing in a literal sense. This is false. When the Sikh holy scripture is translated into English many people became confused and believe in the need to attain a Master's blessing to see inner light. However the scripture is explained wrongly and misinterpreted in these cases.

Overtime I have become very informed on the 3HO cult and I have really gained an understanding of other SatGuru cults. Though I was not directly affected from these cults I found that many, many people from my religon are becoming confused about the relationships of Yoga and Sikhism because of the misinformation that 3HO sikhs provide to the public. I have become informed that Yogi Bhajan's teachings are far from Sikhism. I have put effort into trying to clear up the misinformation in my religon so that people can worship the way they once did and children can simply stay close to their families. I think that this issue of cults is a big issue becuase it can involve crime, mental health, cults can disrupt families and cause a problem in soceity. Also cults can disrupt established religons.

Back to the point, the Rhadasoami cult ideology leaves the opportunity for any person to claim that they are the "Living Master" and start their own cult. One example of this is the Sat Nam cult in Toronto controlled by Mr. Narinder Grewal. On www.knowthyselfassoul.org we find that the Sant Mat cult has moved to Brampton and I remember was at one time in Burlington ON as well. [www.santmat.ca]

I think if we inform the public properly we will be able to reduce the problems that these cults provide to society. There is information on the Sat Nam cult on
( [www.tapoban.org]).

Also in Ontario there is definitely to some degree extremism among certain groups. I do not know that much of this but I do think there are a good percent of people with extremist Sikh or Muslim views in Ontario. I remember listening to bus conversations in high school seeing a good portion of the Sikh boys who supported violence against India. This does not mean that they where terrorists at all but I see that because of the internet many people are being changed.

There are websites which show graphic images on the 1984 massacre against Sikhs and others which support an independent Sikh state named Khalistan.

I have seen people who supported the group Babbar Khalsa (http://www.satp.org/satporgtp/countries/india/states/punjab/terrorist_outfits/BKI.htm), [en.wikipedia.org], which bombed a movie theatre in India in 2007.

Do not be mistake, the huge majority of people in Ontario whether they be Punjabi or of any other ethnicity they are good, caring people. It is just a few groups or organization which confuse people and alter religons.

I have also posted before on 3HO and wrote a post called " Important Information on 3HO Cult and other “True Guru” Cults."

I hope my information helped you, if I find neccessary I will post some additional information sometime in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to read this information.

Thanks And Sincerely,

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.