Jonestown
Posted by: jamesd1967 ()
Date: September 11, 2007 11:05PM

I have heard that the Guyanese government is considering or has opened-up Jonestown as a sort of "dark-tourist" destination. Is there any facts to this? I have found a few of the Jonestown survivors e-mail addresses on the internet and very carefully asked about it; however, without any response as of yet. At first, I thought, inappropriate, well if so, why would they have their e-mail address available on the internet. I wonder if any of them have been back at all, since the incident?

Options: ReplyQuote
Jonestown
Posted by: dwest ()
Date: September 12, 2007 02:55AM

Remember that people may place their email addresses on a webpage or posting for a number of reasons. I have, in the past, placed an email address on a post for the sole purpose of contacting others who were also interested in the Columbia disaster. That did not mean I wished to be contacted about cults.

In addition, people are busy. It may take them days or even weeks to return an email. They may be backed up, they may be on the road and so on. They may be willing to email others that are in the middle of research, but not post-Jonestown lookie-loos.

I do know that Tim Carter has been back, at least once to help identify bodies a few days after the massacre.

The following individuals have agreed to speak with researchers, scholars, and members of the media about their experiences in Peoples Temple.
[jonestown.sdsu.edu]

Jonestown
Posted by: Vodnik ()
Date: September 25, 2007 08:28AM

This is only one link, but there are many others:

[www.sixwise.com]

It looks like it just may be a tourist trap. Although, it seems sort of "fishy" to me and you'd have to contact the Ghana tourist board directly to find out.

However, I do know Chernobyl "was" a tourist destination at one point. It failed because people were afraid of being dosed with high levels of radiation.

Duh.

Jonestown
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 25, 2007 11:20AM

[www.youtube.com]

In seven parts. Chilling. Spooky. Do not watch if you are easily disturbed.

Jonestown
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 25, 2007 01:20PM

Actually, eight parts...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.