Exclusive Bretheren Politicking
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: August 23, 2007 04:56AM

Australian Prime Minister John Howard has admitted to meetings with the
group, claims that they are a legitimate, legal organisation and says
that he will meet with them again. The Health Minister Tony Abbot who has always maintained that he is a Catholic and has been criticised for his
beliefs in media and the Deputy Prime Minister/Treasurer Peter Costello
have also met with the Exclusive Bretheren and claim they see no
problem with the sect.

The opposition leader Kevin Rudd has publically declared that Exclusive Bretheren are an "extremist cult" that breaks up families, does not provide their children with education opportunities and is bad for Australia and has stated that he has refused to meet with them.

The leader of the Greens Party Brian Brown has been calling for disclosure of political donations to the Liberal Party and also denounced the sect and their interest in politics.

2004 5th Highest Third Party Donation to the Liberal Party $370 000 currently under investigation by Australian Federal Police

Link to 25 related news articles on the Exclusive Bretheren/Liberal Party in the past 24 hours :

[tinyurl.com]

They shun contact with the world. Not just with technology, books, radio and TV, but also other people. They do not vote, because voting interferes with God's right to ordain who rules. But Satan has infiltrated democracy and the Exclusive Brethren have started putting money and time into political campaigns.

From 30th April 2006
[www.abc.net.au]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: August 23, 2007 06:09AM

...I doubt that Oz can ever UN-F__K itself. Seriously. Pyramid schemes happen and there's not _much_ action taken as the law moves slowly there.

LGATS? Howard is like having 12 years PLUS of a Reagan/Bush type in office.

The electoral system is whack. The ruling party gets to decide what day is election day every year and they get to convolute the registration process/dates as well.

I'm sort of glad the country is jacked up because it's headed to be worse that the US faster than the US is.

Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: August 23, 2007 07:29PM

Damn right - except we differ on the point of being headed to be worse for the US than the US is - because I am pretty sure that we are already there. Just last month John Howard met with Hillsong and it looks as if they are also contributing to his finances.

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: August 23, 2007 08:23PM

cultreporter
Damn right - except we differ on the point of being headed to be worse for the US than the US is - because I am pretty sure that we are already there. Just last month John Howard met with Hillsong and it looks as if they are also contributing to his finances.

Does that matter though? Why are there no term limits?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.