Can We Really Have Peace?
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: July 22, 2007 04:22AM

As of now, most people on this forum probably don’t know it but I was born into a Zionist family. My father fought in Israel’s War of Independence and he adopted Israelis who were wounded in Israel’s subsequent wars.
I grew up surrounded by Israeli culture, surrounded by the love that my father found being a mentsch among his brethren and my whole family was bound up by the objective of finding ourselves spiritually and materially fulfilled by being connected to the State of Israel in the deepest way.
I was also privileged to have lived in Israel for almost 5 years. I have Israeli citizenship, I finished my university education in Israel and it was my goal as a youth to settle in that country permanently and live as a Jew among my own countrymen for the rest of my life. But unfortunately, my goals were not to be and I have had a very rough time every time I went to Israel.
Currently, the political situation in Israel is very disappointing and discouraging. It looks like WWIII has broken loose and the whole Mid-East is going up in a conflagration that will lead to who knows what kind of results.
Terrorist activities seem to be the norm and the extremists are using the most barbaric methods but the actual results for the Arabs have been dubious. Yassir Arafat’s leadership did not lead to the creation of a Palestinian State and it seems that such a state is further away now from being realized than it was before Arafat escalated his heinous methods.
It seems to me that the controlling nations in the UN Security Council are simply not going to ratify the creation of an independent Palestinian state as long as it appears that such a state will be used as a base of anti-American and anti-Israel action. Why would any sane person in the UN want more warfare when the UN was formulated so that nations could talk out their problems rather than kill each other?
President Bush did the right thing when he refused to be in the UN at the same time as the Iranian President who wants the destruction of the State of Israel. He simply refused to breathe the same air as that person under the same roof.
My people are a nation of survivors, we have fought every major world power ever since we had our original nationhood upon our liberation from Egypt 3,400 years ago. We fought the Egyptians, the Babylonians, the Philistines, the Greeks, the Amalekites, the seven nations in the land of Canaan, the Romans, etc. You name them, we fought them.
The current structure of world civilization, especially Western Civilization and even the Mid-East and Moslem civilizations, were all impacted by the teachings in the moral codes in the Torah, the Gospel and the Koran, all of which were either written or inspired by the Jewish people.
Life on planet Earth simply would not be the same without the Jew’s civilizing effect on the rest of the world. But some of the same nations that have benefited from us, have a desire to eradicate us after borrowing key concepts in spirituality from us. This is a deplorable situation.
Does anyone have an idea on how to stop the current situation? I’m open for any good suggestions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: July 22, 2007 06:22AM

Um ok I guess you have to get this off your chest somewhere :?

What you have just proclaimed is pretty much what every person of every religious persuasion thinks - that they are the best people and the world would be a better place if everyone fitted in with them.

The problem is that no one is allowed to have any opinion on anything even vaguely related to Judaism without being accussed of being an anti-semite - or are they allowed to record or amend history that has been hijacked.

Far as I can see the Israelis are brutalising the Palestinians knocking down their houses and imprisoning them forcing them to live in horrendous conditions and the world does not care because its Israel. If the thoroughly demonised Arabs ever even looked like getting the upper hand then America would be there to bomb them into oblivion.

Deciding that others are not entitled to independence because they MIGHT use it as anti-American or anti-Israel is so self righteous and culturally arrogant I feel dirty for having read it. How about Israel be made to give up their independence because they use it to have anti-Arab activities?

As a humble sugguestion you know perhaps it just might work maybe if you want peace you could uh.. stop fighting everyone?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 22, 2007 08:37PM

cultreporter:

You have raised some valid issues regarding ethnocentric religious groups and beliefs.

But this board is not about politics.

This thread has been closed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.