Information needed to help with foster child
Date: February 10, 2004 09:56AM
I'm a foster parent in Canada and one of my foster children has been apprehended from a rather 'strange' religious family. I'm looking for any help any of you might be able to offer.
I know the following:
- fellow "members" are recognised by the word "professing"
- the Bible is followed very 'literally'
- the only Bible acceptable is the King James Version, and only one that uses "thee and thou"; no 'current' wording
- the children are "whipped" (with a whip!) for misbehaviours
- the father requires that young teen girls undress, lie on the bed and be "examined" to see if they are "developing"
- children are sexually abused by the father as a matter of "right"
- mother says that "God is first, husband second" and whatever he wants to do is acceptable (including raping daughters)
- meetings are held in different homes in the area
- meetings are reading the Bible and giving opinions as to what the scripture "means" (although I truly doubt that one could disagree with the 'general concensus'
Any information that could be supplied would be gratefully appreciated.