Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
The real story about Yogajyotii - a critical look at a guru
Posted by: johanneskieding ()
Date: June 20, 2007 07:35PM

Not much happening in Australia? That why you spend all time online?
The wildlife is supposed to be awesome there... I often see movies about eagles and other creatures, they're marvelous over there. Snakes, many cool snakes.

I visited your we-site, was hoping to find a picture of Chris but couldn't find one.... and on some of the links to info about him, there was just a blank page. Maybe I did something wrong. Ever thought of having links to other sites on your site? I would love to have a link on your page to my Yogajyotii warning page at livejournal. Possible?
Also, can I e-mail you off-line with a computer question?

I don't know much about Iscon and all... many scandals, that I know of.
In his book Guru Papers, Joel Kramer means that any ideology that idealizes selflesness over individuation creates a spit in our psyches, creating a kind of 'goodself' and 'badself' - where the base or carnal aspects of our nature are condemned. This then becomes the root of self-mistrust and thus our suseptibility to authoritarian control (since we must look to an 'other' - be it the church or a guru or whatever, for direction/salvation).
I think he means that in our efforts to be free from the destructive aspects of self-absorption there are no enemies, only alliances. The way through the 'lower' forces of say competition, etc, is recognizing their relative value and place - rather than opposing them or trying to get rid of them.
Many end up in a very self-centered struggle to rid themselves of self-centerdness, that sort of a thing.

Thank you for the links, I'll check them out.

you said:
He sounds just like Chris only not as successful at being a guru, except did he do the one "A genuine guru doesnt concern himself with making followers and cannot be judged by the number of followers that he has" ?

Yes, totally.

I'm 24.

I think there are many factror why people are drawn to cults. Again, Joel Kramer sums it up the best I think. Wanting black and white answers, certainty, security, belong to a community/something bigger than oneself, etc, etc. Wanting to belong to a special few elite who are "above it all".

I almost hope Ej will run across my site - I'm glad to see that google is finally picking up on it. I don't think he's got the nerve to write me though, knowing that what I said was the truth. Justice.... finally.

haha, he used all the tricks in the book with me already so I'm afraid he's out of luck with tricks. Though there are others out therehe surely tries to capture, which is why I'm so glad to have my letter 'out there'. :)

Your Johannes

Options: ReplyQuote
The real story about Yogajyotii - a critical look at a guru
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: June 22, 2007 10:53AM

Dear Johannes,

I am so sorry that I have not gotten back to you before now, my modem has burned out and I have just gotten online. Obviously I have been using it TOO much and burnt out the power adapter (second time in the last year :wink: )

Please do email me at anytime, just use the email button at the bottom of the post. Would be happy to give you a link and try to answer your computer question.

Yours

Cara

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.